cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite

Discus and support cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was told to purchase $10 xbox gift cards using my MS reward on my Microsoft account then give to my son to use to redeem v-bucks for Fortnite. Once I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ankur Shah3, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Ankur Shah3
    Ankur Shah3 Guest

I was told to purchase $10 xbox gift cards using my MS reward on my Microsoft account then give to my son to use to redeem v-bucks for Fortnite. Once I redeem my points for $10 xbox Gift cards, I was expecting 25 digit code for my son to use to get v-bucks for Fortnite. But that seem wrong. I search online and other parents facing same issue. Not very happy with this setup. This is suppose to be manageable from Microsoft Family. Needt solution otherwise refund my point.

:)

Ankur Shah3, Nov 24, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Is there a way that i can send vbucks to my friend?

Hi, FinGill my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

To buy V-Bucks, you can follow these steps:

Purchase V-Bucks from the Fortnite store or a trusted retailer.

When you complete your purchase, you will receive a gift card code.

Give the gift card code to your friend.

Your friend will be able to redeem the gift card code in the Fortnite store. Once you redeem the code, the V-Bucks will be added to your Fortnite account.

I hope this information is useful to you and you can give the V-bucks to your friend.

Sincerely
    Jose.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Ankur S. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I take this opportunity to let you know that when we redeem a gift card through the Microsoft Rewards program, they will credit our account with the amount we have selected with an expiration day of 90 days after receiving the balance.

The program never gives us a redeemable code like when we purchase a gift card through a retailer or similar.

Unfortunately, the Microsoft store doesn't allow to gift vbucks. However, you can use the balance to gift a game to your son.

If maybe this option is not suitable for you. You can try contacting Microsoft Rewards support to review if you may have other options.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=823675

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but I hope it helps in some way.

Thanks for reading me,

Arturo.
  4. DaveKayAdlib Win User

How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft family has requested

Seems like the only option is to find someone who needs a game and gift it to them and get them to buy me a new gift card for the same amount to then redeem on my son's account.

Lots of people with the same problem on the forums, also people who have bought V-Bucks on the parent's account and then can't transfer them to the kids account ( glad I saw that before I made the same mistake).

Tried logging into x-box with my account and then logging into fortnite with my sons account to buy the v-bucks with my money but that isn't possible either as the fortnite account is locked to my son's login.

Thanks for your suggestions but looks like I will just have to ask around or wait to see if there is a game I can gift to him or a friend in the future.
  5. KevinCummings1 Win User

Fortnite Battle Royale

I've tried it and if you have money on the gift card and it is redeemed on your account you can by V-bucks on Fortnite and get the V-bucks right away.
  6. FreakRoach Win User

What’s the difference between a regular XBox gift card and one that says XBox Live?

"Xbox Live Gold" card is for buying the subscription for Xbox Live Gold, which your son will already have as he's able to play Fortnite online.

Xbox and Xbox Live cards should be same, but to be sure just buy the Xbox Gift card. That will let him buy the V-bucks.
Thema:

1. cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite - Similar Threads - cannot $10 gift

2. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  3. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  4. Cannot locate sign in for my account on Micosoft on Win 10

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot locate sign in for my account on Micosoft on Win 10: Cannot locate my Mixoosoft account log in on my wun 10 and therefore unable to either get friends or add friends to my Minecraft account. The other person sees me but I don;t get the rest from...
  5. I cannot connect my Xbox controller Series S/X to Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my Xbox controller Series S/X to Windows 10.: I cannot connect my Xbox controller Series S/X to Windows 10. I want to connect my Xbox controller to Windows 10 via Bluetooth for gaming. but when I want to add my controller, it does not...
  6. I have added 10 £ in diablo4 for the kid buying coins for battle pass and cannot bee seen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have added 10 £ in diablo4 for the kid buying coins for battle pass and cannot bee seen: I have added 10 £ in diablo4 for the kid buying coins for battle pass and cannot bee seen. In my account (parent account) is showing that were charged this money in his account but in his cannot...
  7. Cannot Install The Xbox App on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install The Xbox App on Windows 10: Hello, I just purchased game pass for PC and am trying to install the Xbox app through the Microsoft store and it refuses to install. It repeatedly gives error code: 0x80070005 ---- PC Specs:...
  8. Cannot get Xbox Insider Tee, Level 10+?

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot get Xbox Insider Tee, Level 10+?: So I’m currently at Level 10 and for some reason it won’t let me get the free Level 10+ Tee Shirt. Any reasons why? I have a video I can post but I just wanna ask first if anyone else is...
  9. Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5: As the title suggests, I cannot install Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition via the Microsoft Store. The title refuses to download. I've searched support sites, I've followed every suggested fix....
  10. Cannot Buy as Gift, sale ends in 10 hours. Error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Buy as Gift, sale ends in 10 hours. Error message: RE: Cannot Buy as Gift, sale ends in 10 hours. Error message Hello, I have been having the same issue since last night. I wanted to buy the game 'Psychonauts' as a gift for a friend of mine,...