Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle

Discus and support Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently replaced the mainboard on my controller due to stick drift. Now, I can't get the stupid thing to reconnect to my computer. The USB dongle's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spartanhooah, Aug 18, 2023.

1. spartanhooah
    spartanhooah Guest

I recently replaced the mainboard on my controller due to stick drift. Now, I can't get the stupid thing to reconnect to my computer. The USB dongle's light is currently solid white (never mind, it turned off while I was typing this question), but I have no idea what that means since I can't find any guide that explains what that light means. I can make my controller's light blink quickly or slowly, but no matter which it doesn't pair with the dongle. I've tried turning the controller off and on as well as trying different USB ports on my computer.

:)

spartanhooah, Aug 18, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

To resolve this issue, restart your controller:
    Activate the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox  button for 6 seconds.
    Press the Xbox  button again to turn it back on.
    Connect the controller to your computer using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

I hope I helped and see you soon.
  3. spartanhooah Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help. To resolve this issue, restart your controller: Activate the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox  button for 6 seconds. Press the Xbox  button again to turn it back on. Connect the controller to your computer using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. I hope I helped and see you soon.
    The controller was detected when plugged in. It did have an update. After that, I could connect with the dongle.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

How Do I Connect A Wireless Xbox One Controller To Windows 10?

Hi,

That wireless gaming receiver only works with 360 controllers, not Xbox One controllers. The Xbox one controller uses a different wireless protocol.

If you have Bluetooth for your PC you can pair the controller and use wireless this way. If you don't, you can buy any BT 4.0 USB dongle and connect using that. The dongles cost no more that $8.

Or you can buy the official Xbox One wireless receiver for Xbox One controllers.
  5. Vanchatron Win User

How Do I Connect A Wireless Xbox One Controller To Windows 10?

Hi,

That wireless gaming receiver only works with 360 controllers, not Xbox One controllers. The Xbox one controller uses a different wireless protocol.

If you have Bluetooth for your PC you can pair the controller and use wireless this way. If you don't, you can buy any BT 4.0 USB dongle and connect using that. The dongles cost no more that $8.

Or you can buy the official Xbox One wireless receiver for Xbox One controllers.
    Ahh, that explains it, thank you very much. Unfortunately I don't have Bluetooth inbuilt in my PC, but I can definitely buy a dongle. Does it need to be specifically a BT 4.0 dongle?
  6. Spazpol Win User

XBox One Controller on PC

Hi guys,

I was able to sync my xbox one controller to my Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, however when I go to turn it on now to play a game on PC, it powers on my XBox. Any way around this or do I need to have a separate controller for each platform?
    You would either need a seperate controller for the PC not synced to the xbox, or just live with the pairing. If you pair your controller with the USB wireless dongle it would force the pair to the dongle instead of the console. But then you would be require
    to re-pair the controller to the console when you wanted to use it there as well.
Thema:

1. Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle - Similar Threads - Cannot wireless controller

2. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  3. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...: is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller - Cannot be paired with PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller - Cannot be paired with PC: Controller: Xbox Wireless Controller (from Jan 2023), under warranty System: PC, Windows 11 Context: I have been using this Xbox controller both wirelessly & via Bluetooth. It was working well...
  5. Cannot connect Razer Kaira Pro Headset to my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect Razer Kaira Pro Headset to my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10.: I can easily connect my Xbox controller to my wireless adapter but I can't seem to connect my Razer Kaira Pro. The adapter just can't find the headset. Although, I have no issue connecting the...
  6. Xbox One wireless controller cannot connect after windows Update (Windows 11)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wireless controller cannot connect after windows Update (Windows 11): Hello, I am using a wireless Xbox One controller with the Xbox Bluetooth Adapter on my PC. It worked flawlessly for years until 3 days ago when I updated Windows 11 to Build 22000.613. Now the...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 cannot wake Windows 10 PC via controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 cannot wake Windows 10 PC via controller: Hi, I have the same question as RobinDB had here and I hope some Microsoft Agent/Microsoft Employee can answer this time. The issue is that the new "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" (2018...
  8. Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller with wireless adapter stopped working Windows 10, cannot connect.: I've been send a second controller twice, neither works. I've chated for hours yesterday with somebody and was told it's the wireless adapter the problem, The controller problem is ; The adapter...
  9. [HELP] xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows cannot be used.

in XBoX on Windows
    [HELP] xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows cannot be used.: I bought an xbox 360 wireless receiver and an Xbox 360 Controller from an online auction site. It seems that the seller was using Windows 10 version 1909. It is said that the controller and...
  10. Xbox wireless USB cannot update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless USB cannot update: My xbox wireless controller cannot connect to the USB on my computer. In my devices it says XBOX ACC Driver is unavailable. I have tried uninstalling the device in device manager but it still...