Cannot get Teredo working at all, have tried multiple things

Discus and support Cannot get Teredo working at all, have tried multiple things in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, I've just finished Forza Horizon 4, so me and my mate can play together. Both of us were super excited to race around together, only to find... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TysonField, Oct 7, 2018.

1. TysonField
    TysonField Guest

Hi all, I've just finished Forza Horizon 4, so me and my mate can play together. Both of us were super excited to race around together, only to find out, we can't. For whatever reason, I cannot get Teredo working at all. In my Xbox app settings, it says
    Teredo is unable to qualify, and its server is blocked. I have gone through the lengthy support post, followed each step to a tee, tried numerous cmd commands, set the server name to something else, reset it to default again, tried disabling and re-enabling
    it to no avail, reinstalled network and chipset drivers, tried setting the type to enterpriseclient, searched through all of my router settings, uninstalled my VPN, rebooted my PC about 7 times, tried all the commands again, searched reddit and support here,
    tried more solutions, checked I've got the latest windows update, and I cannot get it to connect, yet my mate's works fine. I'm stumped. I'd like to think of myself as fairly knowledgeable in situations like these, but I have no idea what's left to try. So,
    I'm just sitting here, disappointed that I can't play Forza with my mate, and annoyed that something like this is so unreasonably painful to get working. I wish I could find something positive to say, but I'm just speechless.

Also, before anything asks, my netsh interface Teredo show state spits out this:

Type : disabled

Server Name : win1711.ipv6.microsoft.com.

Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds

Client Port : unspecified

State : offline

Error : none

That's it - also, I've tried setting the Server Name to win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. and that didn't fix it, so I changed it back, I assume that someone out there has to either have an answer for me, or have the same problem.

:)

TysonField, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Trist
    Trist Guest
    Can't find wireless network

Yup tried unplugging it all and starting afresh but no luck.

The wired network seems to work but when I test the multiplayer connection it complains that it 'cannot get a teredo IP address'. Whatever that is...

Trist, Oct 7, 2018
  3. nli323
    nli323 Guest
    Can't Play ANYBODY online.

Hi,

My internet works fine with xbox one, but I cannot seem to find any matches in Madden, FIFA, or any game for that matter. I've tried everything and keep getting this teredo ip error thing. Do I have to switch ISP's? This has really become frustrating...

I'm a timewarner cable customer using an **** GATEWAY DG860

I've tried all your tutorials and nothing works. Do you have any other solutions???

- Nick

nli323, Oct 7, 2018
  4. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 8, 2018
  5. I've tried every fix and NOTHING happens. Where can I literally DOWNLOAD Teredo Adapter? If I go to Device Manger>action> Add legacy > hardware > network > Microsoft > Teredo is supposed to be here but it is not. Command prompt disable and then command
    prompt client (enable) doesn't work. Refreshing IP Helper doesn't work. I'm literally stuck.

DriftingBrandon, Oct 8, 2018
  6. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest
    Hi DriftingBrandon.

Thanks for your response, sometimes Teredo issues are not always based from the PC, I recommend taking a look at the routers settings and view its supported protocols. If teredo tunneling is not supported
    or enabled by a router it could cause issues like this to be constant. It would be best to contact the router's manufacturer and ask for firmware upgrades that may implement the teredo tunneling protocol for your network.

I hope this information helps, thanks again.

XBF Ezra G, Oct 8, 2018
  7. TysonField
    TysonField Guest
    Unfortunately, I don't have either of the two routers from the post - I have a generic router from my isp.

TysonField, Oct 8, 2018
  8. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest

Hello Tyson,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Have you attempted the article on our website entitled
    Xbox App NAT Type on Windows 10 Displays Teredo is Unable to Qualify
    posted by
    Leonzo.

The link posted above is a general troubleshooting step that applies for all routers.

The reason they ask about the Apple router is because there are other steps available for that such as "teredo tunneling".

Let us know if the Article helped.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 8, 2018
  9. Ackis
    Ackis Guest
    Try this:

Teredo address not obtained?!? Oh my! Here's how to fix.

It's a bit different than what MS suggests, but it has worked for me multiple times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Xbox Ambassador since 2010.

If this post solved your problem, please click the Yes at the bottom of the page. This helps keep the forums clean.

If this post was helpful, please upvote it.

Ackis, Oct 8, 2018
  10. I do not have Teredo Adapter under | Devices > Action > Add Legacy Hardware > Next > install manually > network adapters > microsoft > NO TEREDO

11. This here FIXED MY TEREDO ISSUE.

-restart your router -start CMD type the following 3 comands. (for sure press enter and wait until finish between each) - ipconfig /dnsflush - ipconfig /release - ipconfig /renew restart PC.

12. TysonField
    TysonField Guest
    Unfortunately none of these things have worked for me Cannot get Teredo working at all, have tried multiple things :( I've tried them all, and followed the support post. I'm not quite sure what else to try - I must be missing something, right?

TysonField, Oct 8, 2018
  13. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest

Hey Tyson,

Sorry to hear about this Teredo headache you've been going through. I had to jump through a few hoops myself to get my Forza to work, and so far it's "playable." Let's get you online! I have 3 links for you that have helped others with similar issues (first
    one solved mine for now). Let us know if these help out!
    Link 1

Link 2
    Link 3

XBF Lance J, Oct 9, 2018
  14. TysonField
    TysonField Guest
    Hi all, I just wanted to update you all on the situation - I ended up factory resetting my router (one of the settings changes crashed it, no other way to recover it), and I managed to set the wifi back up as it was beforehand. However, the router, which
    I have believed for a long time is faulty, has stopped letting me into its settings - I can no longer even connect to its default ip - I still have internet and wifi, however, I can no longer access the settings by any means. I may have an opportunity to swap
    it out for a new one soon, but for the moment, the reset has fixed the Teredo issue. By extension, a new, identical router will theoretically keep it working, whilst letting me re-add my personal settings. For the moment, my issue is solved.

TysonField, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: