Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

Discus and support Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot get an open nat for three different routers I tried for the xbox one. I can only get an open nat when connected directly to the modem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by saywhattowhom, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

I cannot get an open nat for three different routers I tried for the xbox one. I can only get an open nat when connected directly to the modem. However, I had to get my ISP to give me a static IP address in order to make this happen, as previously, I would
    get a strict nat when connected directly to the modem. In addition, the only way for me to get an open nat when connected directly to the modem is by manually changing the ip address of my xbox to my public ip address, since for some reason, when xbox does
    it automatically, I get a strict nat.

On three different routers (a belkin, cycsco, and netgear), I have tried wired and wireless, dmz, portwarding, disabling and enabling upnp, opening nat filter when applicable, and I am always stuck with strict nat through routers. What is going on?

For the purposes of this post, lets stick with my old belkin router (F5D72344-4v5) and my modem is an **** tm822. I still have my cisco router that I am not using. I returned my netgear router because I bought it only for the purpose of gettign an open nat,
    which it could not accomplish.

As a side note, which router is the best for open nat?

:)

saywhattowhom, Jul 6, 2015
  2. Multiple XBOX ONE's NAT problems

I'm able to get OPEN NAT on my xbox one, but my 2 roommates are stuck on strict. Any way of fixing this without talking to AT&T to try to setup more lines to our home?

undrcvrbrotha, Jul 6, 2015
  3. HessLaaad
    HessLaaad Guest
    Nat type open on xbox one but strict in cod ghost??? please help

My nat type was open on Xbox360 and for some reason is strict on Xbox one? Can any help me and tell me how to get my nat type off strict?

HessLaaad, Jul 6, 2015
  4. Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

Question still not answered *bump*

saywhattowhom, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Question still not answered. Bump

saywhattowhom, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Is that modem from your isp ? I checked on a few forums and that modem came up "less than friendly" lets say ....I would start with a modem , for me , netgear modem and netgear router was the only thing that got my nat open and KEPT it open....lots of
    things will open it , KEEPING it open is the key here.....you never said who/whats your isp either....right modem and router and no need to port forward or dmz or any of that...

RobertBuckalew, Aug 4, 2015
  7. Okay, I'll try using a different modem. I have nothing else to really try. My isp is a local one called summit broadband.

saywhattowhom, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

The reason I asked if its "Their" modem is sometimes they have their own firmware on there....

RobertBuckalew, Aug 4, 2015
  9. zanswer
    zanswer Guest
    saywhattowhom, ok, it seems Your modem does not have routing capabilities, so connect Your router to it by cable.

On Your router restore settings to factory defaults and after that enable only UPnP on it, - DMZ, Port Forwarding, NAT Filterring, all must be disabled. Operation mode must be set to Routing, NAT enabled, without any help services, like DMZ and etc.

On Xbox One set IP settings to get by DHCP, no manual configuration.

zanswer, Aug 5, 2015
  10. It is their modem.

I did as you suggested Zanswerlive, and it is still strict.

saywhattowhom, Aug 11, 2015
  11. zanswer
    zanswer Guest
    saywhattowhom, ok, then let's start from beginning.

When You connect Your Xbox One to modem directly, how Xbox One is get IP address from it? It use DHCP or some VPN protocol, like PPPoE?

Can You please copy first two octets of Your IP address to forum, as example: 78.175.xxx.xxx

You connect Your router to ISP modem, using WAN port at Your router, what configuration You use for WAN port?

We start from beginning, because basic steps didn't help, so we need to do advanced troubleshooting.

zanswer, Aug 11, 2015
  12. I am not entirely sure, but I am pretty sure it is DHCP. I am not too familiar with VPN, if you excuse me so it is hard for me to answer this 100% correctly. I will say this, though. In order to make it have an open nat when I first connected straight into
    the modem, I had to manually configure the IP of the xbox so the xbox had the same IP address as my public ip address because for some reason, the xbox would have a different ip address than the public ip address when it did it automatically, which caused
    it to go strict.

My ip address is 198.16.xx.xx

My wan port configuration is dynamic. Right now my xbox one is connecting wirelessly to my router, but i have tried wired as well with no luck. The router is connected to the modem.

A long time ago, my router would give my xbox an open nat. However, when my internet company got bought out by another internet company and then they updated the internet (and I am guessing the firmware for the modem), but xbox would get strict nat even
    when connected directly to modem. I had to get it arranged with my isp to get a static public ip address since it used to be a private ip address.

saywhattowhom, Aug 12, 2015
  13. zanswer
    zanswer Guest

saywhattowhom, if You not use any login or password to connect to You ISP, then You got DHCP configuration.

My first question here, is what IP address Your Xbox One get if You connect it to Your modem directly? Without configuring it manually, can You copy it, just two octets as always?

Ok, You got public IP address, it's nice.

I got ya.

Nice work, now we know, that this happened after ISP change something, did they give You a new modem?

zanswer, Aug 12, 2015
  14. It is dhcp since I do not have to log in. They did not give me a new modem. When it does it automatically, the IP address of the Xbox when connected to the modem changes to 100.76.xx.xx, which is different from my public IP address.

saywhattowhom, Aug 13, 2015
  15. Oh, just if this info is useful, my modem is a telephone modem and does have a telephone connected to through a telephone jack.

saywhattowhom, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict. - Similar Threads - Cannot NAT open

2. I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ...: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS RIDICULOUS PROBLEM OR LINK ME TO SOMETHING USEFUL. -.- AW SUCKS. 2cdfaaaf-00a6-43bd-8a0e-0073b5e25c20
  3. I cannot receive game or party invites from people on my friends list. My NAT type is OPEN.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot receive game or party invites from people on my friends list. My NAT type is OPEN.: I am unable to receive party or game invites from friends. This happens usually while I'm at the dashboard trying to connect with friends playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. As stated...
  4. I cannot get my Nat to open HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get my Nat to open HELP: So I've tried pretty much everything so far. Made Ip for xbox static Forwarded all the ports for xbox and call of duty Enabled and disabled upnp And I have gone through all of the connection...
  5. Cannot get NAT port type set to Open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get NAT port type set to Open: So I've done everything I am supposed to have done for this to work, but it still isn't working. Why would microsoft make it so hard to be able to play online? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I...
  6. Cannot start/join a party - Open NAT verified - test multiplayer connection confirmed. ISP ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot start/join a party - Open NAT verified - test multiplayer connection confirmed. ISP ...: My son had an xbox 360 and got an xbox one for this birthday. He had no issues with starting/joining parties on xbox 360 but we cannot connect on the xbox one!! Here's what we've tried so far:...
  7. Cannot figure out how to get open NAT, tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot figure out how to get open NAT, tried everything: Ive done just about everything i can that ive found on the internet to get my NAT type to be open and i still cant get it. Im running two routers in the house, one in the basement connected to the...
  8. Cannot maintain an open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot maintain an open NAT: Hello everyone, First, I haven't ever had an open NAT and haven't had major issues minus the occasional inability to get in a party with other people but I have always circumvented that by...
  9. Xbox One- NAT type is open, cannot connect to matches/parties?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One- NAT type is open, cannot connect to matches/parties?: I never had a problem before with this.. Just last night when joining "Dying light", I tried inviting my friend to the game but noticed I couldn't. I couldn't join his party either. I realize that...
  10. Open NAT: But i cannot connect to parties or hear friends in game chat. XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open NAT: But i cannot connect to parties or hear friends in game chat. XBOX ONE: I keep getting "due to network limitations you cant connect to party" error when trying to join parties and in game chat i cannot hear anybody. It just started this past week. I already called...