Cannot get Halo: MCC to run on PC gamepass, says 'not installed' and everything shows as...

Discus and support Cannot get Halo: MCC to run on PC gamepass, says 'not installed' and everything shows as... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have seen lots of people post the same issue but I cannot see any fixes for it that work. I tried a thing with a powershell command and updating the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by dsb1979, May 13, 2020.

1. dsb1979
    dsb1979 Guest

Cannot get Halo: MCC to run on PC gamepass, says 'not installed' and everything shows as...

I have seen lots of people post the same issue but I cannot see any fixes for it that work. I tried a thing with a powershell command and updating the windows store - didn't work. I tried redownloading the whole thing - didn't work. I tried opening via both
    start menu and the xbox app - no difference. Tried the repair and reset options in Apps & features - didn't work.

When I click to start any of the three games it says "Halo <whatever version> is not installed, would you like to install it?"

I click yes and nothing happens.

In-game I went to "Change Installed Games" all three games are present and showing as installed but they all have a padlock over them?

I am at a loss as to how to get this to work.

:)

dsb1979, May 13, 2020
  2. TitanOfNeptune7 Win User

Cannot get Halo: MCC to run on PC gamepass, says 'not installed' and everything shows as locked?

I had this issue and was able to fix it by going to the Microsoft store.

When I opened up the store it started downloading some stuff for MCC, I am assuming it was licenses to play them, but either way it appears to be working now.

Hope this helps even if it is a bit late.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Halo 1 requires 182 GB to install?

it is because its part of the halo MCC, you need the base part which is halo MCC then the individual games so it reserves space for them, halo 1 on pc for instance is 8.58GB and then add on the MCC base game it becomes 30.08GB.

halo mcc consists of all the games which take 142GB of space on pc so it saves this space aside, when you install hmcc and just one of the games which is also split into multiplayer and campaign it looks like it still reserves the space, this is what i have seen on xbox and gamepass pc, when i install via steam and just choose one of the games to be installed then the space taken is just by mcc and that one game.
  4. FlashSpirit3 Win User

Halo Wars 2 not available to download on my PC even though it is already purchased on my Xbox

It gets a bit complicated. If you have Gamepass then all should instal. The console will allow you to have Halo 5: Guardian, Halo Wars 2, Halo Wars De, Halo Spartan Assault and Halo MCC installed. The PC allows Halo CE, Halo, Halo Forge, Halo Wars 2,
    Halo Wars DE, Halo Wars Spartan Assault, Halo Wars Spartan Strike and Halo MCC to be installed.

As for paying vs. free, the Microsoft Store should handle that. It might need resetting using a cmd prompt at admin level of wsreset. It takes a bit.

I have had to uninstall and redownload MCC to get it to capture all, but it works!

Let us know if you still have problems!
  5. DarkrPhi Win User

Halo Reach will not install/launch xbox games pass for PC

You missed the edit lol

And yes mcc pc.is different from.gamepass for pc

They only added the halo 4 to complete mcc

But as with all disks versions mcc pc is still the same as xbox one

However mcc gamepass is completer
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Wolfenstein Yougblood on Game Pass is not the same as the Steam version

most of the games in pc gamepass are installed as XVD (xbox virtual disks), these can be seen under devices and storage.

they are basically wrapped versions of the console games. except a few like halo mcc.
Thema:

1. Cannot get Halo: MCC to run on PC gamepass, says 'not installed' and everything shows as... - Similar Threads - Cannot Halo MCC

2. Halo MCC - cannot play Halo reach campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC - cannot play Halo reach campaign: I am getting really fed up of you now, Microsoft. I have been playing this game since its release. Bought the original Reach, bought MCC, have bought every single halo game in the franchise and...
  3. Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...: So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with multiple accounts and IP's to connect to game...
  4. Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...: So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with multiple accounts and IP's to connect to game...
  5. Cannot launch Halo MCC or Gears 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch Halo MCC or Gears 5: When trying to launch the games (Halo Master Chief Collection and Gears 5) from the Xbox App, I get a popup showing 'Unexpected error. (0xC0030004). All resources and solutions that I have tried...
  6. Halo MCC errors not allowing access, then wiped from PC, now cannot download

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MCC errors not allowing access, then wiped from PC, now cannot download: Hi, I recently downloaded the Halo MCC and I started playing it last night. However, I couldn't access any of the games in the collection outside of Halo 3. I tried to redownload on the store...
  7. Cannot invite friend to game in Halo MCC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot invite friend to game in Halo MCC: Hi, my friend and I were playing Halo MCC together for a few months, and then when we went to start ODST, we suddenly were unable to invite to game. We have active Xbox Live Silver subscriptions,...
  8. Cannot play any Halo MCC games

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play any Halo MCC games: So here's the run down. I recently downloaded Halo MCC through the Xbox (beta) app on my Windows 10 PC through the Game Pass. When I launched the game it loaded fine. But when I go to play any of...
  9. Cannot play Halo: MCC due to sign-in error

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play Halo: MCC due to sign-in error: When launching Halo: MCC through the Xbox (beta) app, I get a sign in screen just like every other game, but it doesn't let me sign in, instead showing an error that says "Your account doesn't...
  10. HELP - Cannot install Halo MCC No matter what I do

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP - Cannot install Halo MCC No matter what I do: Hi all, As the title suggests, I cannot download Halo MCC for the life of me. I've downloaded other games without a hitch but Halo absolutely will not download. Clicking on it in the Xbox (Beta)...