Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

Discus and support Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Running the optical out from X Box One into the optical in on my Marantz SR7300SE. The SR7300SE is NOT a HDMI receiver BUT is a complete surround... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GrayishPrism139, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

Running the optical out from X Box One into the optical in on my Marantz SR7300SE. The SR7300SE is NOT a HDMI receiver BUT is a complete surround sound receiver.The X Box One video is run by HDMI to my Panasonic TC-P65VT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma
    HDTV. The Comcast/Xfinity hi def cable box is also run by HDMI to the TV. I set the Xbox One to surround sound but I cannot get front center channel or my sub to come on? All help is greatly appreciated !!

I also tried several of the settings adjustments I found on this forum but still cant get the front center or sub to work?

:)

GrayishPrism139, Mar 28, 2015
  2. neonoxDE
    neonoxDE Guest
    Onkyo Surround Sound Issue

I have a smilar issue. When I activate 5.1 uncompressed under HDMI, my rear speakers don't work like they should. Front, Center and Sub are working perfect, but Rear is mute or very low.

When I watch a blu-ray (Thor), I only here the music, no voices or any other sounds. When I plug my HDMI Cable to my blu-ray player -> everything works fine.

neonoxDE, Mar 28, 2015
  3. mxryder23
    mxryder23 Guest
    7.1 Surround is BROKEN on Xbox One for 5.1 content in apps

Having a similar issues. I only have a 5.1 setup, and have tried all kinds of things. Currently have it set on 5.1 uncompressed because it works fine with my games and movies, but when I watch content through Apps I don't get any sound from my rear speakers.
    Only will play my Fronts, Center and Sub. Really annoying.

mxryder23, Mar 28, 2015
  4. Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

Same type of issue here. Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver (also not HDMI receiver). From the cable box (Comcast/Xfinity hi-def), to the Xbox One via HDMI, xbox one to Yamaha via digital optical, Xbox One to tv via HDMI, and with surround I get no center channel
    but I do get subwoofer. Running tv from the cable box directly to the receiver does give out full surround.

smoki ribbins, Dec 16, 2015
  5. smoki ribbins Win User

Same type of issue here. Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver (also not HDMI receiver). From the cable box (Comcast/Xfinity hi-def), to the Xbox One via HDMI, xbox one to Yamaha via digital optical, Xbox One to tv via HDMI, and with surround I get no center channel
    but I do get subwoofer. Running tv from the cable box directly to the receiver does give out full surround.
  6. neonoxDE Win User

Onkyo Surround Sound Issue

I have a smilar issue. When I activate 5.1 uncompressed under HDMI, my rear speakers don't work like they should. Front, Center and Sub are working perfect, but Rear is mute or very low.

When I watch a blu-ray (Thor), I only here the music, no voices or any other sounds. When I plug my HDMI Cable to my blu-ray player -> everything works fine.
  7. mxryder23 Win User

7.1 Surround is BROKEN on Xbox One for 5.1 content in apps

Having a similar issues. I only have a 5.1 setup, and have tried all kinds of things. Currently have it set on 5.1 uncompressed because it works fine with my games and movies, but when I watch content through Apps I don't get any sound from my rear speakers.
    Only will play my Fronts, Center and Sub. Really annoying.
  8. AddictedToKaos Win User

Seriously MS please fix the surround sound issue on the Xbox One...very disappointed :(

5.1 gives you 2 front, 2 rear, 1 center, and sub. sides where introduced with 7.1

If i understand correctly, 5.1 surround is working correctly on your 7.1
  9. DanJnr Win User

Xbox One Surround Sound Not Working over HDMI

I have the same problem too. Noticed this since the latest update that went out.

My options are set to Bitstream HDMI Output with Dolby Digital.

XBOX1 connected to A/V by HDMI, A/V connect to TV via HDMI.

I ran a audio/video that outputs to each 5.1 speaker and the Front Left, Front Right work OK but when it comes to the Surround Left, Surround Right and Sub I get silence.

Something has definitely changed recently as it all used to work perfectly.
Thema:

1. Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ?? - Similar Threads - Cannot front center

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  7. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  8. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  9. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  10. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...