Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s)

Discus and support Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) It gets stuck after about 99.9% I've already tried ms-store reset, ending tasks, ive... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alec Castro, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Alec Castro
    Alec Castro Guest

It gets stuck after about 99.9%

I've already tried ms-store reset, ending tasks, ive tried downloading through Microsoft store. I think the only option I have left outside of formatting my whole machine (which is not happening) is to remove the registry keys ? Anyways it's quite frustrating as I can't play most games offered on game pass for one reason or another. (I also have an issue with EA games, but that's for another post, and probably for EA games to handle themselves)

Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) [​IMG]

My system info:

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help you may be able to offer. Thank you.

:)

Alec Castro, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Alec Castro,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are trying to install Halo Wars and it is being stuck at 0% installation. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

There could be system update or drivers that needs to be install and Xbox apps related update to be install. To our check your Windows 10 Home version should be at least 22H2. The driver could have new update, please check the website of the NVIDIA. Knowing Halo and other games require updated environment or system or apps to play, it would be always a first requirement to check updates, no matter what game you are playing. For the complete troubleshooting steps, please try the steps below: (You can just skip those you have done already.)

• Restart device - this was part of the error message, and this will do good for your computer's memory, please start with this.
      • This will clear your computer’s memory/RAM.
    • Keep your Windows updated -
      • Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
        • Settings > Update & Security (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 11) > Check for updates > download updates and install > restart device and wait for the update to be done.
      • If you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
      • Update your Windows and Windows drivers:
    • For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.
    • Update Xbox app and Gaming Services from Microsoft Store
      • Launch Microsoft Store app on Windows by searching it on Windows search bar.
      • Select Library > Updates & downloads > check if an update is available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app.
      • If an update is available, select Update.
    • Sign out your account on Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Make sure you are signed in to Microsoft Store and Xbox app with the same credentials.
    • (EA App) We notice you mention this so, please try: Close both Xbox app and EA app and relaunch the Xbox app.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services.
      • Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • Type this command one at a time, press enter and wait:
        get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
        start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
      • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
      • Restart your device and try to install the game again
    Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Alec Castro,

Thanks for the update and for the confirmation of the issue.

Since the EA games issue is now fix, let us focus on the installation issue that you have issues with. Error code: 0x80070005 is related to Windows update. This error code is also present on Office apps activation issue (source) which may mean this could be the same when the issue is on Xbox app. For that reason, we need to isolate this issue further.

Can we confirm if the optional update (feature and quality update) of Windows 10 is installed too?

Troubleshooting continuation:

Launch Microsoft Store, search (or choose in the library) Xbox app and update.

If update is not available, please turn off any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer installed in your PC.

Restart device and launch Xbox app. If issue persist, try the next step.

Run system scans

Run a full system scan. This will check and restore corrupted system files.

In Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.

Copy the command below one line at a time and paste it on Command Prompt:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

Restart device and launch Xbox app. If issue persist and if the error message is different let us know.

We may either try to recreate your issue on a local user profile or else, redownload Halo. We will wait for your update.

Regards,

5. Alec Castro Win User

"being stuck at 0% installation" no it is stuck at 99.9%. In other words it is almost finished downloading but then stops with just like 40mb left.

I have tried all of those things you've listed. Thanks anyways

PS EA Games fixed the issue I was having. It was simply an old linked account that they had to remove. EA games work fine now thank goodness.
  6. Juxtapose13 Win User

gears

Of course the Gears of War franchise isn't finished. It makes too much money for Microsoft Studios and Epic Games to let it "die."
Thema:

1. Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) - Similar Threads - Cannot finish downloading

2. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  3. I cannot finish installing my game on xbox from the disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot finish installing my game on xbox from the disc.: When I install it it says it requires an update So I click the update button and wait. If I go to the progress bar and once it finishes For Example: 12.78GB Of 12.78GB Even if it is finished it...
  4. Cannot finish installation of Xbox One discs in "Offline" Mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot finish installation of Xbox One discs in "Offline" Mode: Hey there! Whenever I try installing an Xbox One disc-based game, the installation manages to start, but always stops early on at the same exact percentage, and remains frozen there until it...
  5. Multiplayer Connection test cannot finish Error Code 0x0000000000000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer Connection test cannot finish Error Code 0x0000000000000000: My Xbox won’t connect to multiplayer services. I have tried everything including : Power Cycle Modem Reset Changing Cable Soft Factory Reset Restarting for 5,10 and 15 minutes Signing in...
  6. Multiple Games & Apps are saying "Not ready yet; needs to finish installing" and cannot be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Games & Apps are saying "Not ready yet; needs to finish installing" and cannot be...: Im on an Xbox One X, which has no prior history of any breakages, glitches or problems at all. On Friday the 20th of March last week Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, started acting up, it was freezing...
  7. Cannot finish the survey for June

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot finish the survey for June: Hello, I have a problem regarding the survey for June - after the question about what I don't like about Switch, I get an error message: My progress could not be saved because of an error. I can...
  8. when you finish the whole and it says gp to the reward screem. What is that and I cannot find ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when you finish the whole and it says gp to the reward screem. What is that and I cannot find ...: I just finish the complete screen and it says go to the rewards screen. What and where is this screen and how to accest it I have done this 5 times and did not get awarded any thing. I need to...
  9. Cannot Finish a Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Finish a Download: hi i live in Brazil and i have a US and Brazilian account, i purchased Burnout Paradise on my US account with no problem but i cannot finished the download, i tried 3 times already and the same...
  10. New xbox one, cannot finish download/install

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox one, cannot finish download/install: Several apps now, for example BBC iplayer(Free) , it downloads reaches 100% and just when you think it will run, it errors, "download stopped" Some aps have installed, done a reset,...