Cannot find a Teredo IP address - Network behind port-preserving port-symmetric NAT

Discus and support Cannot find a Teredo IP address - Network behind port-preserving port-symmetric NAT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What Country/State/Province do you live in? Virginia, USA Modem brand & model number: RCA dcm425 Router brand & model number: NETGEAR WNR1000v2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arcanium82, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Arcanium82
    Arcanium82 Guest

Cannot find a Teredo IP address - Network behind port-preserving port-symmetric NAT

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Virginia, USA

Modem brand & model number: RCA dcm425

Router brand & model number: NETGEAR WNR1000v2

Wired or wireless: wired

Things you have tried: Opening ports on the router, putting the X1 on a DMZ, both wireless and wired connections,

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? NAT Type: Strict

Any Error Codes you encounter: 0x10400000040000000

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): Comcast

I'm stumped.... I have tried everything that I can find on the internet and the forums to try and get my X1 NAT to Open. I've even tried hooking up a different router and opening all the ports and setting the X1 on a DMZ. Nothing seems to be working. I keep
    getting the same error that says the it "cannot find a teredo IP address".

If anybody has any suggestions please let me know because I can't think of anything else to do....

Thanks,

Tom

:)

Arcanium82, Feb 4, 2014
  2. XBox One - Strict NAT & High Packet Loss

Detailed NAT info says: Your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT.

Satchafunkiluss, Feb 4, 2014
  3. **** tg1672 problems with advanced warfare

Strict - Your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT.

FLATFOOTMCGEE, Feb 4, 2014
  4. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest

Do you have a 360 on the same network? Was that router provided by Comcast? If it was it is a special edition that cannot accept Netgear's new firmware. The old firmware may be holding you back. The port forwarding and DMZ should not be needed. Try turning
    those off as well as UPnP. Once all of them are off turn the router off wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again (this clears the upnp table). Then turn UPnP back on. This should give the console a fresh UPnP table to work with.

Let me know how it goes.

Worst case scenario is your going to need a better router.

XBR Poseidon, Feb 4, 2014
  5. Arcanium82
    Arcanium82 Guest
    Poseidon,

Thanks for your response. So, the strangest thing happened. I had opened all the ports on my router that I have seen that are required for X1 Xbox Live. Each time I changed ports or any configuration on the router I would turn the X1 off, power cycle the
    router and turn the X1 back on. After every iteration I was getting the same error.

Finally, I gave up and I was just playing with the settings on the X1. I changed the name of the Xbox (from the default Xbox-OS-blah blah" to a unique name. After changing the name, the Xbox prompted me to restart the console in order for the changes to
    take effect. After the Xbox restarted, I checked my connection and my NAT was open.

I know that changing the name of the Xbox shouldn't have done anything to fix the problem. However, I'm wondering if just turning off the Xbox by the normal means (holding down the white button on the controller and selecting power off) does not fully turn
    the Xbox off. I think the full restart required to change the name was also needed in order for the Xbox to recognize the changes in the router and see that all the ports were indeed open.

At any rate, my Xbox is working perfectly now. Thanks.

Arcanium82, Feb 5, 2014
  6. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest
    If your console was in instant on using the button on the controller does not turn the console off. It puts it in standby. The only way to truly restart the console is by holding the power button until the controller turns off.

XBR Poseidon, Oct 31, 2018
  7. FLATFOOTMCGEE Win User

**** tg1672 problems with advanced warfare

Strict - Your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT.
  8. xB0x xJaNgLeSx Win User

Can't Open My NAT. Tried Pretty Much Everything.

It says "Your network is behind a port preserving port symmetric NAT". That's with the ports on AND off.
  9. Satchafunkiluss Win User

XBox One - Strict NAT & High Packet Loss

Detailed NAT info says: Your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT.
  10. Arcanium82 Win User

Poseidon,

Thanks for your response. So, the strangest thing happened. I had opened all the ports on my router that I have seen that are required for X1 Xbox Live. Each time I changed ports or any configuration on the router I would turn the X1 off, power cycle the
    router and turn the X1 back on. After every iteration I was getting the same error.

Finally, I gave up and I was just playing with the settings on the X1. I changed the name of the Xbox (from the default Xbox-OS-blah blah" to a unique name. After changing the name, the Xbox prompted me to restart the console in order for the changes to
    take effect. After the Xbox restarted, I checked my connection and my NAT was open.

I know that changing the name of the Xbox shouldn't have done anything to fix the problem. However, I'm wondering if just turning off the Xbox by the normal means (holding down the white button on the controller and selecting power off) does not fully turn
    the Xbox off. I think the full restart required to change the name was also needed in order for the Xbox to recognize the changes in the router and see that all the ports were indeed open.

At any rate, my Xbox is working perfectly now. Thanks.
  11. XBR Poseidon Win User

Do you have a 360 on the same network? Was that router provided by Comcast? If it was it is a special edition that cannot accept Netgear's new firmware. The old firmware may be holding you back. The port forwarding and DMZ should not be needed. Try turning
    those off as well as UPnP. Once all of them are off turn the router off wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again (this clears the upnp table). Then turn UPnP back on. This should give the console a fresh UPnP table to work with.

Let me know how it goes.

Worst case scenario is your going to need a better router.
Thema:

1. Cannot find a Teredo IP address - Network behind port-preserving port-symmetric NAT - Similar Threads - Cannot find Teredo

2. Xbox cannot find new modem ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cannot find new modem ip address: I just got a centurylink C4000LZ modem and my xbox 360 cannot find the ip address. I have tried rebooting and hard reboot. I don't want an ethernet cable connect. Has anyone else had this issue?...
  3. My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...

in XBoX on Windows
    My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...: My service order was cancelled. I sent off my new Xbox controller due to a faulty and sent it within 30 days. I am trying to contact Microsoft to find out why they have cancelled my order as there...
  4. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  5. My Xbox series x cannot find Teredo IP address

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x cannot find Teredo IP address: My NAT type is unavailable, and I cannot find a teredo address. In my router setting I cannot find anything about teredo tunneling or ipv6 tunneling. My Xbox was working just fine yesterday, but I...
  6. Cannot find Teredo or install it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find Teredo or install it: Laptop Details (Asus ROG Strix G17) - Windows 10 Intel i7 Nvidia RTX 2060 16 GB Ram I cannot find Teredo in my Network Adapters. I tried to install it through Device Manager but it was not among...
  7. Cannot find Teredo IP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find Teredo IP: When I play my XBox, I can usually get about 30-45 minutes of gameplay on Live, before I lose connection. When I look at Network settings, it directs me to the Teredo IP help page, but when I test...
  8. Cannot find a Teredo IP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find a Teredo IP: So, I woke up and it wouldn't let me log into multiplayer games. To fix this it said to unplug my router wait 30s and plug it back in and wait 30s. I did this three times. I also looked online and...
  9. Cannot find Teredo IP adress and NAT type is strict/unavaible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find Teredo IP adress and NAT type is strict/unavaible: On my PS4, everything on my connection is fine, and that nat type is open. I have no trouble with any multiplayer features. I recently got an Xbox one, and when I check the multiplayer connection,...
  10. Cannot find Teredo IP Address issue (fixed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find Teredo IP Address issue (fixed): So, I noticed that many people were having the same issue as I was. I am unsure as to the cause of the problem, but after updating my Xbox One on Sunday, July 31st, My NAT refused to give me any...