Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

Discus and support Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joe hayes2, Apr 8, 2024.

1. joe hayes2
    joe hayes2 Guest

My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory reseting.

:)

joe hayes2, Apr 8, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Joe. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear your Xbox is not working as expected. Not only that, but I would like to ask: What's the exact error code you see when attempting to start your device?
    Feel free to share a picture of the screen you see.

Additionally, when you say, “I have tried every method, and it is still not working or even factory resetting,” do you mean that after performing each potential solution, you go back to the same screen with the same error?

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. EvilGrandmaster Win User

Xbox One X Start-Up Issues, and Data Cache issues

Sorry to hear it. Which console do you have? Original, S or X?
    I have the Xbox One X.

I was getting game not saving message, and it said I needed to reinstall all games. I would do a factory reset about once a week, but it still ran good.

Then I started getting an E102 error, and it wouldn't start-up, despite trying all the screen options, including the recommended power cycle, where you unplug the unit wait a few minutes and then press bind, and the eject button until it beeps. So I downloaded
    the USB factory reset, and ran that. It starts to do a factory reset from the USB drive, then stops and gives me a E106 error. That's where I sit now. I think I bought a lemon.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated!

Dj
  4. NADESCO577 Win User

System malfunctioning repeatedly, System Restore a temporary fix

This just started happening to me, exactly the same issue. Every time the system updates I have to reset to factory defaults. The factory reset solves the problems for a few days, but as soon as it updates I'm getting an error message on start up that
    "something went wrong"
  5. King1ouie18 Win User

Error code troubleshoot - 0x80070102

Thanks Sni1per for the reply!

Have hard resetted it many times with no fix.

Cannot remove my profile from the console as pressing the "start" button does nothing.

As well as this, trying to access "settings" to start a factory reset, I receive the error 0x81c201c3 being unable to open settings tab. Continuing to press settings afterward freezes the xbox and I receive the error 0x80070102.

Where should I go from here? Thanks
  6. DavidHine1 Win User

Xbox won’t start up - please help

Since my last post I received an error message on my screen starting with E105 and looked it up. I was instructed to reset to factory settings which I reluntantly did.

I then received another error message but this time it began with E102. I have again reset to factory settings and am awaiting it to reboot.
Thema:

1. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error. - Similar Threads - Cannot factory reset

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  10. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc