Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S

Discus and support Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently switched to a different Internet service provider, and after doing, so I was no longer able to download my Xbox 360 profiles to my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rigs3575, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Rigs3575
    Rigs3575 Guest

I recently switched to a different Internet service provider, and after doing, so I was no longer able to download my Xbox 360 profiles to my Xbox Series X. I would get the message “Unable to connect to Xbox live.” and it would give me a link to go test my network. The test would come back and tell me everything was good. I know others experience this issue and it is painfully frustrating. I ended up finding a solution that worked for me so I wanted to pass it onto you.

The long and the short of it is that I think it is a network issue, and it is related to the settings that come from the router. The easiest way to deal with this problem is to connect to another network for the purpose of downloading the Xbox 360 profiles, and then once they are downloaded connect back to your normal network. The easiest way to do this, for most people, is to use their cell phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot, and connect to that. But there is something you must know. After you connect to your hotspot, or any new network, you must reboot your Xbox.

After you have rebooted the Xbox, and it is now connected to the hotspot on your cell phone, or to another Wi-Fi network that does not have this issue, you can download the profiles, they will come down, and then you won’t have any problem using Xbox 360 games on your Xbox series X, or S, even after reconnecting to your original network.

Just keep in mind that after you connect to the new network, you must reboot your Xbox. Also, keep in mind, that it is possible that you could switch to another network that has the same issue. If that is the case, you should try a phone that is connected to a different service. So if you were getting the problem on Verizon, try a phone that connects to T-Mobile, or so forth. (Justso you know, my phone is T-Mobile.)

Good luck!!

:)

Rigs3575, Oct 7, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: