Cannot Download Profile (Can't Connect to Xbox Live Issue)

Discus and support Cannot Download Profile (Can't Connect to Xbox Live Issue) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried all of the suggested solutions that I've seen, and so far the problem still persists. When I start up a backwards compatible game it shows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BROBA FETTx, Jul 9, 2016.

1. BROBA FETTx
    BROBA FETTx Guest

I've tried all of the suggested solutions that I've seen, and so far the problem still persists. When I start up a backwards compatible game it shows "Getting your xbox 360 info..." but after a minute or so the bar doesn't move, and the game just starts
    up. My connection is totally fine on the xbox one side, as with the other variations of this problem, just cannot play BC games. I do have two-step verification on, but I don't even get the ability to put in my credentials to try and download my profile, it
    just says cannot connect to xbox live. I am in preview program, but it's been an issue happening for months now.

- - - -

Things that haven't worked:

Hard Resetting

Clearing my local 360 cache

Going into 360 profile protection and requiring download

Disconnecting from wired to connection and onto wireless to see if it made any differences

- - - -

If there's any new information on how to resolve the issue that'd be appreciated!

:)

BROBA FETTx, Jul 9, 2016
  2. chewyx
    chewyx Guest
    DLC question

Are all the profiles on the same xbox?

If they are, it wont matter which profile you DL it under. If they are on different machines, you will need to use your kids machine to DL.

DLC is linked to both the machine and the gamertag. DLC can be played on all profiles on the machine that it was downloaded on without any issues.

You can also move the hard drive to another machine and play it on that however, you can only do that if you connect to live with the profile that downlaoded the DLC. You cannot play DLC by this method without being connected to live.

chewyx, Jul 9, 2016
  3. FlyYeast
    FlyYeast Guest
    can not connect to internet but can get the live status

tried, but i cannot download my profile since i can't connect to live

FlyYeast, Jul 9, 2016
  4. Cannot Download Profile (Can't Connect to Xbox Live Issue)

Having the exact same problem.

RemanentElk57, Jul 9, 2016
  5. Dracaryz
    Dracaryz Guest
    This behavior usually occurs if you have IPv6 enabled. The 360 emulator doesn't do well with IPv6 so you have to disable this on your router. On the other hand, the Xbox One can handle it (sometimes) that's why you're having no issues on the 'Xbox One' side
    of things. Also, try "clearing local Xbox 360 storage" on your Xbox One settings first...which I believe that's you meant by clearing local 360 cache?

Hope this helps.

Dracaryz, Jul 9, 2016
  6. BROBA FETTx
    BROBA FETTx Guest
    Dracaryz thanks for the response, I'll look into disabling IPv6 on my router. Also, yes when I said local 360 cache, I meant the local storage. My mistake in the wording!

BROBA FETTx, Jul 9, 2016
  7. Also not working for me, and I'm using my building's Wifi and there's no way to change the any settings on the router. So am I ***? I've seen posts with people with this error over a year ago and it seems it hasn't been fixed yet :/

ProphetGrievous-E8394C4E-7E74-4D23-8D74-8C9313E6E0, Jul 9, 2016
  8. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey everyone!

Apologies for the delay in response but I wanted to check in to see if you're still having troubles with this. Please keep us in the loop and let us know if you're still not able to connect.

Mister Maka, Jul 11, 2016
  9. As of last night I am still having this issue after being able to play over the weekend. I tried clearing the 360 storage and multiple attempts to download my profile again. I am also running the latest Beta Build on my XBOX One. I have not tried disabling
    IPV6 on my router though. It worked fine all weekend though.

SmallScreenHero, Jul 12, 2016
  10. sEpuLchEr74
    sEpuLchEr74 Guest
    sEpuLchEr74, Jul 12, 2016
  11. HyperGoatt
    HyperGoatt Guest
    I am still having issues with this. Is there any fix?

HyperGoatt, Sep 6, 2018
  12. Yeah I am having the same issue its a total annoyance. If anyone has a fix please please let me know

Silverdragon58, Sep 27, 2018
  13. Cannot Download Profile (Can't Connect to Xbox Live Issue)

Ok so couple things that could be causing this

1. If your password is longer then 16 characters Make it less 360s including the emulator do not like passwords longer then 16 characters.

2. Try and redownload your profile on the 360 emulator. Follow these steps:

A. Load ANY 360 game.

B. Once loaded hit the start and select buttons at the same time (small round buttons on either side of the big xbox button on controller) This will bring up the 360 guide.

C. Click on download profile.

D. enter email and password.

This should solve your problem.

steeledwand7664, Sep 27, 2018
  14. For anyone still having this problem go to network > advanced settings>dns settings> change primary to 8.8.8.8>secondary dns 8.8.4.4> the alternate mac address hit clear and restart. It works like a charm!! Thank you xbox support agent

Silverdragon58, Nov 2, 2018
  15. u know da wey Win User

backward compadibility

the issue is when i go on download profile it says cannot connect to xbox live
  16. FlyYeast Win User

can not connect to internet but can get the live status

tried, but i cannot download my profile since i can't connect to live
  17. EustonPangel Win User

Xbox live error 80072751

Hi that for response I reset my network settings, cleared my cache deleted my profile restarted my console and router but still can't download my Xbox live profile enevn though when I do a Xbox live connectivity test is says connected. Still give same error when trying to download profile...

I tried creating other profile and resign up for Xbox live but then says it cannot connect to Xbox live. I'm at Whit's end here.
  18. japeterman Win User

Backwards Compabilty can't connect to Xbox live

Yes, I am having this issue too...I can play the games but cannot download my profile due to the emulator not connecting to xbox live...
  19. KNF3 Ace Win User

All of my Xbox360 games on xbox one wont connect to Xbox live.

I am just now having this issue for the first time. A couple weeks ago I was able to play Halo Reach on my Xbox One but today, when I load it up, it won't connect to Xbox live. My Xbox One is on a wired connection - open NAT and all services good - however
    the "360" won't connect. I tried correctly hard restarting the console twice, clearing the 360 saved data, and playing other games but all have the same issue. The "360" cannot connect to Live. I also tried deleting my 360 profile like suggested in a number
    of forums but when I go to sign in and download the profile, it can't connect anyway in order to download the profile.
Thema:

1. Cannot Download Profile (Can't Connect to Xbox Live Issue) - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Profile

2. Xbox App using insider build, but I cannot download the insider app to opt out.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App using insider build, but I cannot download the insider app to opt out.: Whenever I try accessing the Xbox Insider App, I am told I have to download "xbox-insider2" link, when I click on it to get to the store page I get an error that the link was not a functioning...
  3. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...
  4. Cannot download anything from the microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download anything from the microsoft store: Every time i try to download anything from the microsoft store it says "Error on our end" and it doesnt let me download anything, im not sure if my region of puerto rico is causing issues but i...
  5. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...
  6. Cannot download Red Dead Redemption 2 onto my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Red Dead Redemption 2 onto my Xbox One: Recently got the urge to play RDR2 again, however once I’ve gone to download it, it gets stuck after I put the second disc in, usually at around 60-70%. I’ve tried powercycling the Xbox etc, and...
  7. I cannot sign in and Download Profile while playing GTA 4 on Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot sign in and Download Profile while playing GTA 4 on Xbox One S?: I am attempting to play GTA 4 on the Xbox One S. When I try to sign in to save my progress and be awarded achievements, I am instructed to "Download Profile." I enter my Microsoft account email...
  8. Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S: I recently switched to a different Internet service provider, and after doing, so I was no longer able to download my Xbox 360 profiles to my Xbox Series X. I would get the message “Unable to...
  9. cannot download Xbox live profile. It says I have a problem with my sign in credentials..

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot download Xbox live profile. It says I have a problem with my sign in credentials..: Hi, completely logged out and remove my account from my Xbox. I am now trying to download the profile again, when I put my name and password in, it goes to download it immediately. It then tells...
  10. Cannot Download Profile To Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Download Profile To Xbox 360: I went to try and download my main Xbox LIVE account, which I still use, onto my old 360, which I have used it on many times. Unfortunately, I used to mostly carry around my gamertag on a USB...