Cannot download forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store. I

Discus and support Cannot download forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store. I in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It comes up saying error cannot download as something is wrong on microsofts end. Have tried all the online ways to fix including resetting cache etc... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Josh Hageman, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Josh Hageman
    Josh Hageman Guest

It comes up saying error cannot download as something is wrong on microsofts end. Have tried all the online ways to fix including resetting cache etc

:)

Josh Hageman, Aug 4, 2023
  2. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

Hello Thundershock, my name is zahir

The game download app includes Microsoft Store, Xbox app, and Steam. If you encounter the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue, you can troubleshoot these game download apps through the following ways:

Log out of these apps and then log in again.

Restart these apps.

Reset the Microsoft Store cache.

Repair, reset, or reinstall these apps.

If you are using Microsoft Store to download Forza Horizon 5, the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue may be caused by corrupt caches. You can reset the Microsoft Store cache to solve the problem. Here is the guide:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type “wsreset.exe” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to reset the Windows Store cache.

Then, you can download and install the game again. If the above steps don’t work, you can try deleting the cache folder to solve the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue. Here is the guide:

Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to this path: C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

Right-click on LocalCache and choose Delete from the context menu.

After that, try downloading and installing Forza Horizon 5 again to see whether the issue is solved

I hope this helps
  4. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11

This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  5. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.
  6. Jap T Win User

Hi Nilay,

Is there any update to this? It's now August 7 and I still get the same message.
Thema:

1. Cannot download forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store. I - Similar Threads - Cannot download forza

2. Cannot download forza horison 5 on xbox pc game pass error code0x80070002?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download forza horison 5 on xbox pc game pass error code0x80070002?: i can install any other game just fine. i have tried all the following fixing in order Fix Xbox Game Pass Games Installation/Download Error Code 0x80070002 On Xbox App/Microsoft Store In Windows...
  3. Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot download and install Forza Horizon 5: As the title suggests, I cannot install Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition via the Microsoft Store. The title refuses to download. I've searched support sites, I've followed every suggested fix....
  4. Cannot download Forza Motorsport 7 after adding the code to XBOX App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Forza Motorsport 7 after adding the code to XBOX App: I had a code for Forza Motorsport 7 I had not used until today. I have a Windows 11 PC thats capable of playing FM7 finally and wanted to download it. Now that it's in my Windows Store, when I...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 disappeared and cannot re download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 disappeared and cannot re download.: Hi, I had the game downloaded and had played it. The next day an automatic update of 5gb started which I cancelled, since doing so the game has disappeared and when trying to download again it...
  6. Cannot download Forza Horizon 5. Interupted download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Forza Horizon 5. Interupted download.: So I went to download forza 5...all was well in the world...as its a large download I just started it and forgot about it....eventually I turned my PC off for the night without thinking much about...
  7. I cannot download Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Game Pass PC. Please Help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Game Pass PC. Please Help.: I started download earlier in the day and left my PC to download it. When I came back my PC shut down for some reason and now when I try to install the game it is giving me a bunch of errors.(see...
  8. Forza 5 - Cannot Download/Install from Microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 5 - Cannot Download/Install from Microsoft store.: I purchased Forza Horizon 5 Premium with Early Access on November 2, 2021 and to this day (past the early access period) I still cannot download and install the program. Every step provided on...
  9. I cannot download Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox App via PC game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot download Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox App via PC game pass.: I cannot install Forza Horizon 5 standard edition on pc via Xbox app and pc games pass. I can download and install other games just fine. [img] [img] When I hit download it goes preparing 0%...
  10. Cannot download Forza Horizon 4 on hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download Forza Horizon 4 on hard drive: I spent hours searching for an answer On reddit, on here, contacted Microsoft through phone for an hour, but nothing. To give some background, I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 on my 1 TB hard drive...