Cannot download an xbox 360 backwards compatible game

Discus and support Cannot download an xbox 360 backwards compatible game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I saw that The Orange Box (xbox 360 version) was a backwards compatible game and wanted to try it. I noticed that you cannot buy the game directly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShyTalkTO, Aug 26, 2022.

1. ShyTalkTO
    ShyTalkTO Guest

Hi,

I saw that The Orange Box (xbox 360 version) was a backwards compatible game and wanted to try it. I noticed that you cannot buy the game directly from the Microsoft store (on xbox series x) bit the game still shows when you do a search.

You can, however, still purchase the game on the xbox 360 market place. So, I completed the purchase thinking it would then show as available as a historic download but it hasn’t. I can only actually access it on my xbox 360 but I won’t recieve the benefits of 4k resolution etc….

I tried to load my purchase history on my series x to see if I could re-download it that way but, now, for some reason, it won’t show my purchase history - it just keeps on saying there is an error.

Is there any way to access my digitally purchased content without now having to purchase a disc for the same game? Also, why won’t my purchase history load on my xbox - it loads perfectly fine on the website version.

Thank you for any help.

:)

ShyTalkTO, Aug 26, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Digital backwards compatibility?

If a game is not compatible with Xbox One, whether it's a digital or disc version, it cannot be played on the console. However, some Xbox 360 games are backward compatible with Xbox One, and you can check the list of backward compatible games on the Xbox website. If the game you purchased is on the list, you can download and play the digital version on your Xbox One.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Need help, question for playing a Xbox one game in Xbox360.

No. Xbox One games cannot be played on the 360.

360 games can be played on the One if they are backwards compatible.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Transformers Fall of Cybertron

5. Smwutches Win User

Can i play

6. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

Sonic demo isn't working?

Hey there freakyboy86,

Backwards Compatibility only works for full titles that are available on the backwards compatibility list. Game Demos are not included in the backwards compatibility feature. If you want to try a specific Xbox 360 game out before purchasing and downloading,
    you will need to download the demo on an actual Xbox 360 console.

Happy Gaming!

~Blitz
Thema:

1. Cannot download an xbox 360 backwards compatible game - Similar Threads - Cannot download 360

2. Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S: I recently switched to a different Internet service provider, and after doing, so I was no longer able to download my Xbox 360 profiles to my Xbox Series X. I would get the message “Unable to...
  3. some games cannot be downloaded on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some games cannot be downloaded on 360: Hi, I have been trying for over a year now to download the following owned games on 360: Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate Dead or Alive 3 All games download until 99% and...
  4. Cannot Download Profile To Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Download Profile To Xbox 360: I went to try and download my main Xbox LIVE account, which I still use, onto my old 360, which I have used it on many times. Unfortunately, I used to mostly carry around my gamertag on a USB...
  5. my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...: my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my console. it says my account and password didnt work with an error code: 8015D002....
  6. I cannot download a profile onto xbox 360 from xbox one s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot download a profile onto xbox 360 from xbox one s.: Tried xbox phone support after finally navigating their really awful support page. Tech said it's an account problem and not a console problem and he couldn't help but would transfer me to the...
  7. Cannot download profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot download profile to Xbox 360: Hello I’ve tried the reset Xbox 360 to get the profile and it shows that password didn’t work. But yet I know my password and changed it shorter to type it in for the 360 . Need help!...
  8. Cannot Sign Into or Download Profile onto Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into or Download Profile onto Xbox 360: Before I removed my profile from my Xbox 360 as a troubleshooting step, I was getting an error message 80151103. I verified my password was correct and it was 11 digits long. Regardless, kept...
  9. I cannot download content on Xbox 360 (error 800700E8)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot download content on Xbox 360 (error 800700E8): Hello, I have purchased an add-on from a browser (I cannot find it on console). I checked my download history and I found the add on. As I clicked on it for downloading it, it said (there's a...
  10. Cannot Download Digital Game on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Download Digital Game on Xbox 360: I am trying to download a game that was recently made available digitally on Xbox's 20th anniversary, SpongeBob's Truth or Square. But whenever I try to download the game on 360, it stays at 0%...