Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k

Discus and support Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have just bought a electriq 28inch, 4k, 144hz monitor (eiQ-284K144FSGH) to use with my Series X I can display 4k at 60hz or even 1080p at 120hz, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Calum Stevenson, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k

Have just bought a electriq 28inch, 4k, 144hz monitor (eiQ-284K144FSGH) to use with my Series X

I can display 4k at 60hz or even 1080p at 120hz, but can't display 4k at 120hz.

The option to select 120hz is present in the menu but when selected screen goes black and after resetting back to 60hz will state there is a problem with displaying 4k on my tv. But it is just a problem with 120hz rather than the resolution.

I am using the hdmi that came with the Series X originally and have also tried the hdmi i was sent with the monitor neither work.

I have power cycled my xbox and also fully reset my xbox still with no luck.

:)

Calum Stevenson, Jan 12, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

whenever you see a refresh rate that is not a multiple of 60, this is a refresh rate that is likely fake and designed to be used with a computer.l

Most monitors use the cheapest possible software and electronics, relying on the computer to fill the gaps. your monitor is not capable of 4K 120 Hz, only 60

If you didn't pay at least $500 for your display, chances are it can't actually do 120 Hz.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

It's probably a timing issue. Very few cheap monitors fully support the VESA standard for 120Hz on the Xbox. It may be running at a none standard timing of 119.88Hz or similar. Not a problem for a PC, big problem for a console that demands the timings to be exact.

Then there's the issue of the fake HDMI 2.1 that's become common on lower end displays. Unfortunately, and rather typically of these types of the displays, the manual says nothing about what the timings are.

I've never heard of 'electriQ' Even though apparently they're a British based company...
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

hi i would like to have 120 fps on my tv with my serie x , i take yu a screenshot of settings tv, i dont understand why in settings xbox they dont proposed 120 fps at 4k but i can play 120 fps at 1080p ?
    You won't get 120 fps on that TV, as it's only a 60hz display, 60hz = 60 fps at most

To get up to 120 fps at 4K, you need a TV that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1 ports and again your TV only has HDMI 2.0 ports, but most games on the Series X are locked to 60 fps at 4K,

Something like the LG CX is the best TV to get at the moment, and that's a TV that can go 4K at 120hz,

A 60hz display = up to a maximum of 60 fps

A 120hz display = up to a maximum of 120 fps.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz

Your TV model doesn't support or have any HDMI 2.1 ports, which is what you need if looking to get 4K at 120hz.

also the TV doesn't have 240hz refresh rate, it's a 240hz motion rate, which is a 120hz refresh rate display but again you can't get the Series X to 4K 120hz unless your TV has HDMI 2.1 ports, without HDMI 2.1 on the TV you'll be limited to 4K 60hz.
Thema:

1. Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k - Similar Threads - Cannot display 120hz

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  4. I cannot display ATC for IFR operation

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot display ATC for IFR operation: Bought the Game Ms FS2020 version Premium Deluxe end September, works ok. Yesterday I found I cannot display the ATC, since its icon in the Tool Bar (A Control Tower) does not show any more in the...
  5. Redeemed Game display under my account but cannot found in my library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed Game display under my account but cannot found in my library: I purchased NBA 2K19 for Xbox one redeem code and redeem the game successfully in XBO console. Then I access to my game & apps. I cannot see the game in neither "Ready to install" nor...
  6. Smartglass app cannot display activity alerts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Smartglass app cannot display activity alerts: The Smartglass app is unable to display activity alerts - this is the case on both my iPhone and iPad. The alerts button has a little icon in the top right corner with a number indicating how many...
  7. Cannot find Wireless Display App in my Quests

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot find Wireless Display App in my Quests: I'm a xbox preview user but i cannot find the wireless display app in my quests to download it...where is it?! any help would be appreciated bdaec3f7-4f00-4cc4-83b4-985ae4a39039
  8. GTA5 cannot display Chinese in Chinese version of XBOXONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA5 cannot display Chinese in Chinese version of XBOXONE: Hello, I am a China XBOXONE game player, I like GTA very much, my English is poor ,butGTA5 does not show the traditional Chinese in China version XBOXone above, causing great difficulties in the...
  9. Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.: Story: I disconnected my Xbox One from my home TV, a 720p SANYO. So I tried connecting my Xbox One to a Toshiba that was also only 720p capable. It wouldn't show up. I didn't give u. I performed...
  10. Cannot reset display :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot reset display :(: Hello xbox community, so recently my xbox stopped working on my tv since I had it connected to a monitor which supported 1080i, now my xbox worked before on my tv but whatever I try it just wont...