Cannot Connect Xbox 360 Controller Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Connect Xbox 360 Controller Windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm losing my goddamned mind. I cannot connect the Xbox 360 Wireless controller to my PC anymore. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ben K1, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Ben K1
    Ben K1 Guest

I'm losing my goddamned mind. I cannot connect the Xbox 360 Wireless controller to my PC anymore. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried using the Accessories app from the store. Nothing works. The app just constantly says "connect a device" with no other options, nothing changes. If I restart and plug it in, the lights say it's connected, but then my keyboard doesn't work, and the controller does nothing. The accessories app always says the same thing, in any situation. There is ZERO help or advice anywhere. There's nowhere I can manually download drivers. Nothing. NOTHING. Right now, it's plugged in and the light is blinking. I can't contact support, I can't find solutions anywhere. I cannot even begin to express how truly angry I am with this entire situation.

:)

Ben K1, Feb 17, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  3. pawncrackers Win User

Connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your mobile with a bluetooth

Hi there,

You cannot use a Xbox 360 controller with your phone, however the newer controllers for Xbox One can be connected, as they support the technology. More info and troubleshooting advice can be found

here

Hope this helps!

L
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10

Xbox 360 controls do not have a compatibility with windows computers. it is better to use a cboc one control that has a bluetooth connection.
    Yes they do. Any controller that has that uses Xinput will work on Windows 10 that includes Xbox 360 controllers.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  6. JamesSchecter Win User

Controller Battery Life Indicator?

I have a play and charge for Xbox 360 controller for pc

Where is the battery indicator for windows 10?

I cannot tell when the charge is done on the Xbox app or the quick launch window, nothing.
Thema:

1. Cannot Connect Xbox 360 Controller Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Connect 360

2. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  3. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  4. Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network: Every device on the network is connected and works properly. However the xbox 360 is connected to the network with full signal but when running an xbox live connection test it fails to connect to...
  5. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...
  6. my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...: my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my console. it says my account and password didnt work with an error code: 8015D002....
  7. Error 8015190A - Cannot connect to Xbox live on 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 8015190A - Cannot connect to Xbox live on 360 console: I turned on TFA and tried to connect to my Xbox live on my 360. this did not work. I've tried the solutions on the article https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/help/errors/xbox-360/error-code-8015190a...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox live for Xbox 360 backward compatibility games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox live for Xbox 360 backward compatibility games on Xbox Series X: Hi, For all the xbox 360 games I run on my XSX I get an error connecting to the xbox live in the emulator itself. First of all when I launch a game, I get "Getting your Xbox 360 info...", an...
  9. Xbox 360 can connect to the internet, but cannot connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 can connect to the internet, but cannot connect to Xbox live: Hello, Recently, after years of using my Xbox 360 to watch Netflix, my 360 now says it is unable to connect to Xbox Live. Running the troubleshooting test shows that while the Xbox is...
  10. 360 WILL NOT CONNECT TO LIVE SO THIS CANNOT BE FIXED BY US AT HOME LOOKS LIKE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 WILL NOT CONNECT TO LIVE SO THIS CANNOT BE FIXED BY US AT HOME LOOKS LIKE ?: Xbox Live down FOR 24 hrs on 360 WTH PLAYING FOR 12 YRS & THIS IS HOW 360 GETS TREATED WOW BILL GATES U ARE ONE GREDDY MAN 191e91e7-2f81-47f2-ac3e-59bf30a18e9e