Cannot connect via wired connection after factory reset

Discus and support Cannot connect via wired connection after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am hoping someone out there can help me as I am currently experiencing a frustrating situation with my XB1. Basically, the wireless had failed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IanW_UK79, Aug 30, 2016.

1. IanW_UK79
    IanW_UK79 Guest

Hi,

I am hoping someone out there can help me as I am currently experiencing a frustrating situation with my XB1.

Basically, the wireless had failed on my XB1 at some point last week and although no cable was connected to my router, my XB1 was insisting that I was connecting via a wired connection. After much troubleshooting with the wireless, the XB1 finally informed
    me that there was a hardware issue with the wireless connection at that I would need to send the XB1 in for repair. Considering my XB1 is only a year and 9 months old, I was not really happy to send it in for 'repair' and pay for the privilege, so I connected
    it via an ethernet cable to my router. This actually worked and I had connectivity again.

However, I was determined to confirm if the issue with the XB1 was a hardware or software issue, I was not convinced that a piece of equipment that was under 2 years old would already suffer hardware failure, especially when i'm considered as a casual gamer.
    With that being said, I decided to factory reset the XB1, retaining the apps and games on the drive, just to see if it resolved the wireless issue. Sadly, this has ended up being a bad decision as now, when I attempt to go through the setup procedure, it gets
    as far as the network section and the XB1 no longer connects at all (wired or wireless). When I get the message that there is no Internet, it offers to try and fix this but when I choose the wired option, I receive the same wireless hardware issue error message.
    This is despite me choosing the Wired option during the setup procedure. I just don't understand why I cannot get this to work. I have tried everything from changing the ethernet cable, making numerous changes to the settings on my router (setting the XB1
    to fall in to the DMZ so it can receive all traffic) and trying to set the XB1 to all it's default settings via the USB drive.

One thing I know for sure, the ethernet port is working fine on my XB1 as I can see the device listed on my router, it is receiving an IP address and I can even ping it from a laptop on the same network. However, the XB1 still complains of a hardware issue
    with my wireless, which should not stop me from connecting via a wired connection!

As said before, I really don't want to have to send the console back to MS, be without it for a month and pay to fix an issue when I know that the wired connection is working OK. Any ideas from anyone at all?

:)

IanW_UK79, Aug 30, 2016
  2. gill2k
    gill2k Guest
    I can not connect to wifi for some reason on my xbox 360 slim

I am also unable to connect via wifi or wired. I already reset my router and modem. Reset the network connections to factory default and set up everything again. Test on the xbox shows I can connect to my network and Internet but not Xbox Live.

gill2k, Aug 30, 2016
  3. can connect to internet but not xbox live / update problems

also i cannot connect via a wired connection the same problems persist

XII I3 3 4 5 T, Aug 30, 2016
  4. VeLo Keyagi
    VeLo Keyagi Guest

Hello! It could be the hardware itself and not just the wireless port. I would recommend sending it in to get it fixed so you can be back to playing in no time!

VeLo Keyagi, Sep 9, 2016
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Before sending it in try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this as I have seen it resolve this type of issue in the past. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back
    of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test the results.

Let us know if this helps. Good Luck!!

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  6. {Parity} Win User

Before sending it in try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this as I have seen it resolve this type of issue in the past. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back
    of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test the results.

Let us know if this helps. Good Luck!!
  7. VeLo Keyagi Win User

Hello! It could be the hardware itself and not just the wireless port. I would recommend sending it in to get it fixed so you can be back to playing in no time!
  8. GMAN990 Win User

IP Address Error

And are you trying to connect wired or wireless to the router?

Reset your Xbox network settings back to factory defaults and connect to the router (not the wall socket) via a cable
  9. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox One Powers On -Nothing Displayed

Also, if you have issues when factory resetting and are using a wired connection, disconnect the ethernet cable while it resets and then connect it after the reset is finished. It will connect to complete any updates required.
  10. Ck3313 Win User

My Xbox Series X|S cannot connect to the internet with error code: 0x00000000002000000

I have already factory reset my Xbox and can’t log back in because it is unable to connect to a wifi network.

The router is next to the Xbox so it is in range and all other devices are able to connect.

In other words, the network is functional but the Xbox cannot detect it nor connect to the internet via Ethernet cable (it says that it is connected but won’t download, or communicate my Microsoft account).

Prior to the factory reset, I was unable to run any network diagnostic tests on a wired connection and attempting them while connecting wirelessly always resulted in the same error code.
Thema:

1. Cannot connect via wired connection after factory reset - Similar Threads - Cannot connect via

2. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  3. cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11: I have Steam Sea of Thieves. I have always connected to friends through game bar, right-click the friend, join game. I want this to work, not a workaround. It worked up until a new PC I just...
  4. I cannot connect to my friends ASTRONEER lobby. We are both playing thru Xbox one via the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot connect to my friends ASTRONEER lobby. We are both playing thru Xbox one via the...: I am trying to join their lobby but continues to say could not find session. And this happens both ways. We both got Xbox live gold in hope that would fix the problem but it has not....
  5. Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...: Ok as the subject line says "Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?" I purchased the gamepass in order to multiplayer game...
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.: Does anyone have a fix to a problem that I just came across not being able to sign into Xbox Live on a backwards compatible game? I have an achievement session for Halo 3 but cannot participate...
  7. Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router: Recently I changed the internet provider in my home and got a new router. When the connection was setted up, all the devices (including phones, PCs with diff. OS, TV) in my place had a really good...
  8. Cannot Connect to World via LAN in Minecraft 1.16. World hosted on iPad.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Connect to World via LAN in Minecraft 1.16. World hosted on iPad.: Hello. I am currently unable to connect via LAN between an iPad and a Windows 10 machine. both are updated to the recent 1.16 update. Both can create their own worlds and play them fine. Both can...
  9. Cannot connect my wired earphones via jack on controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect my wired earphones via jack on controller: i cannot connect my earphone via the headphone jack when controller is through Bluetooth I can seem to find it and use it on the taskbar where speakers/headphones are only when I use a micro usb...
  10. Cannot log in to account, Cannot connect to internet, Locked via parental controls that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot log in to account, Cannot connect to internet, Locked via parental controls that...: To give context: About three days ago the power went out in my home. At the time, I had Forza Horizon 4 running. After rebooting my PC and launching FH4, it signed me in and I was able to play the...