Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games

Discus and support Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where I can't access Xbox Live for X360 games while using my Xbox One. I've followed many of the threads from the past 4 years... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AndrewRye, Jul 5, 2022.

1. AndrewRye
    AndrewRye Guest

I'm having an issue where I can't access Xbox Live for X360 games while using my Xbox One. I've followed many of the threads from the past 4 years about this issue, most recently this one, as well as this one, however the issue still persists. Now I have no profile and no way of getting my saved progress back for the X360 games. No matter what steps I take, I always get the "can't connect to XBox Live" screen.

Are there any more recent issues I may be facing? So many of the threads about this problem date back to 2018 or so. I'm in the US and on a wireless connection.

:)

AndrewRye, Jul 5, 2022
  2. DominumStige Win User

Game Content Help

Hi!

If you are inside the backward-compatible menu (X360 interface from X1) you can purchase additinal contents for X360. You cannot purchase them directly from dashboard of X1, but you can only buy backward-compatible games.
  3. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Shrek 2 for xbox compatibility

Currently, the backward compatibility program of X360 games is paused. Microsoft is focusing on the backward compatibility of XBOX One games on the XBOX Series X. Have some patience, I think more X360 games will follow
  4. RomkaZzz Win User

Can't select MS account in payment options

Is this game backward compatible for X360?
  5. DominumStige Win User

Still Waiting ... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... for XBOX ONE

Hi!

Here is the list of backward-compatible games. Before to buy games for X360, make sure they are compatible.
  6. AndrewRye Win User

Lucas, that worked! I've posted the instructions below for anyone else finding this thread in the future. Thank you for digging up the solution!

1. Go into the network settings menu of your console.

2. Go to advanced settings.

3. Under Advanced settings, take note of the following information:

• IP Address (Usually 192.168.x.x)
      1. Subnet mask (Usually 255.255.255.0)
      2. Gateway (Usually 192.168.x.x)
      3. DNS IP address(s)
    4. Under Advanced settings, change the IP and DNS settings from automatic to manual and enter in the information you noted above.

5. Hard reset your console by pressing and holding the power button for 10 full seconds until it shuts down.

6. Boot your console back up and try to load your 360 game.

7. Enjoy?
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Live

2. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  3. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  4. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  5. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...: As stated above, I need help with this issue. Thank you. 63c775ce-648f-4bb5-8836-d855d711aa16
  7. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox live: I have tried to sign in to my Xbox 360 just now. Nothing has been changed since I was signed in yesterday, but it will not log in it is saying it cannot connect to Xbox live. I have already...
  9. Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine: Hi guys, I’m trying to connect to Xbox live to play MW3 Xbox 360 version via my Xbox one. However it won’t connect to live, other multiplayer online games are fine however...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game: I have been playing black ops 1 on my series x console for several months with no issues. This game is an Xbox 360 game that uses Xbox live. Recently, I have not been able to play as when I try to...