Cannot Connect to Xbox Live from dorm =( I get through router but not to the internet.

Discus and support Cannot Connect to Xbox Live from dorm =( I get through router but not to the internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there, I just settled into my college dorm and I can't seem to access Xbox live, I get to xbox360-->router---xx-- internet. I failed on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gfoxx55, Oct 25, 2014.

1. gfoxx55
    gfoxx55 Guest

Cannot Connect to Xbox Live from dorm =( I get through router but not to the internet.

Hey there,

I just settled into my college dorm and I can't seem to access Xbox live, I get to xbox360-->router---xx-- internet. I failed on the internet part and I get an error message "internet error". I have tried to connect it via Ethernet to my laptop because
    my laptop has a really good connection strength from the schools Wifi so far. I've tried bridging the connection and that hasn't gotten me anywhere also, if that's any consolation. I have the router password so I don't understand exactly what the problem is
    can someone please help me. I was told that I need to talk to my school IT department, but that department is very controlling and won't help me anyone have suggestions or ideas? Also i have a macbook Pro but if u have ideas and instructions for a window pc I'm
    sure i can get my hands on one to get my xbox running.

BTW : I've tried it wirelessly also, and it still didn't work. If anyone has any tips or a sure fix, it'd be greatly appreciated.

:)

gfoxx55, Oct 25, 2014
  2. Xbox live Connection

Recently purchased a new router for my dorm room and me and my roommate are connected through ethernet wires. His PC is running internet perfectly fine but my Xbox will not connect it is saying it can't connect to my DHCP server. Can anybody offer any
    help?

beckerOpecker, Oct 25, 2014
  3. Also can't connect to Xbox Live.

Cannot connect to Xbox Live, Southern California... router/xbox reset, connection test, all do not resolve the issue... connection test says I am on the internet (posting this through computer in the same house, so obviously on the internet)... just won't
    connect to Live... was playing up till 5 PM pacific Time without issue... now, at 10 PM will not connect... frustrating...

GHG Relentless, Oct 25, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately most schools have protocols regarding game systems and only the IT department can help.

I'm afraid you're going to have to head over to speak with them. Who knows, perhaps they won't be quite as controlling as you were led to believe.

onyxishere, Oct 26, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately most schools have protocols regarding game systems and only the IT department can help.

I'm afraid you're going to have to head over to speak with them. Who knows, perhaps they won't be quite as controlling as you were led to believe.
  6. Corallus-DFAFD280-E7 Win User

Not connecting to xbox live

Anybody? I am able to connect to Xbox LIVE through the test internet connection with a good signal, but I cannot get Xbox LIVE service in games or marketplace. This is on my brother-in-laws console. My console has no problems connecting and getting service
    (in same house on same router/gateway). Please help.
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

I Cannot Connect to Certain Friends

Hey there lalobzre! Do you (or your friend) play your consoles in a dorm or anything similar to that? I've heard of connection issues happening to people who live in dorms because they can't Open the NAT of the entire dorm. They can set their individual
    connection to Open, but the main router/whatever for the dorm is still Moderate/Strict which then causes the entire dorm to be such.

Let us know and we'll go from there! ^_^
  8. cab0218 Win User

Won't connect to Live

Are you in a dorm or do you have your own place? If you have your own place contact your ISP. If you live in a dorm ask people around you if they cannot connect to the internet and if there are problems contact the school. I just need some more info to help
    you out.
  9. StorybookGold82 Win User

Error connection to live

Hello!

The only internet option in town is through a POE adapter, only I'm using a router to share the internet, I've tried connecting in live by connecting a network cable directly from POE on Xbox but i can not get the same way.
Thema:

1. Cannot Connect to Xbox Live from dorm =( I get through router but not to the internet. - Similar Threads - Cannot Connect Live

2. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  3. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  4. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  5. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...: As stated above, I need help with this issue. Thank you. 63c775ce-648f-4bb5-8836-d855d711aa16
  7. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox live: I have tried to sign in to my Xbox 360 just now. Nothing has been changed since I was signed in yesterday, but it will not log in it is saying it cannot connect to Xbox live. I have already...
  9. Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine: Hi guys, I’m trying to connect to Xbox live to play MW3 Xbox 360 version via my Xbox one. However it won’t connect to live, other multiplayer online games are fine however...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game: I have been playing black ops 1 on my series x console for several months with no issues. This game is an Xbox 360 game that uses Xbox live. Recently, I have not been able to play as when I try to...