Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

Discus and support Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Encrypted Limbo, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with multiple accounts and IP's to connect to game servers to play online and I cannot connect or figure a cause of this issue.

Last year on Halo: MCC I'm pretty sure I got banned from playing on the online servers no matter which MS account I used, Steam account, or IP. Now Infinite Beta has rolled around and it has seemed to carry over. Since I have noticed random issues with newly created MS accounts (like when I just now tried to verify a Phone # with a code it failed) I have come to the belief I am banned or on some list that probably glitches and works only half way... or something, Idk. I noticed there was no support email or online chat available. So I guess the question here is if anyone else has seen or experienced such a thing? No I haven't tried playing any other Microsoft games on PC since last years beginning of the issues. No, I haven't ever used MS Games to purchase or launch a game ever. Any information would be helpful, I may have to call support but I know that will be a cluster F.

:)

Encrypted Limbo, Jun 29, 2022
  2. MagusLay Win User

Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I Banned somewhere?

You are not the only one! I've been troubleshooting the hell out of my computer trying to figure out why I can't connect online with Halo MCC and Halo Infinite. It boots up fine and campaign plays well, but there is no co-op and no multiplayer because it says I am offline, despite what the rest of my system is saying because the xbox game app or xbox social, whatever it is, is logging in fine (Usually. Sometimes, it doesn't like to switch accounts).

I've done everything from port forwarding to resetting teredo states and updating every driver I could find to no avail. Until one day, my girlfriend booted up Halo Infinite to try and help me troubleshoot. On her pc, it works perfectly with no setup or troubleshooting necessary. Log in, play online. Same router, we both use ethernet connection to the same place, no idea.

Then I thought "well, what if I log in on her pc?" I try that and now I'm in! My account is online and I could play multiplayer (if I wanted to steal her pc, which I won't because that's rude). So clearly, that means it's something about my computer itself! What that is... I don't know. I tried calling support, but it just shrugs me off onto online support, which has no idea.
  3. XBF - Tali Win User

Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I Banned somewhere?

Hello Encrypted Limbo,

Thank you for attempting the suggested troubleshooting above and for supplying additional details. Unfortunately, I won't be able to assist if it's an account issue. However, I would be more than happy to supply direction on where you can go to find out if your account is in good standing.

First, please visit Xbox Enforcement | Reputation, sign in, and you should be able to view your reputation from here.
    You may also contact our support team directly at Contact us | Xbox Support.

We would greatly appreciate it if you escalated the error you're receiving directly to the Halo support team. You may submit a ticket to the Halo support team at Halo Support Ticket. Please note; you will have to login to an account in order to submit a ticket.

Thank you!

-Tali
  4. Encrypted Limbo Win User

So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with multiple accounts and IP's to connect to game servers to play online and I cannot connect or figure a cause of this issue.

Last year on Halo: MCC I'm pretty sure I got banned from playing on the online servers no matter which MS account I used, Steam account, or IP. Now Infinite Beta has rolled around and it has seemed to carry over. Since I have noticed random issues with newly created MS accounts (like when I just now tried to verify a Phone # with a code it failed) I have come to the belief I am banned or on some list that probably glitches and works only half way... or something, Idk. I noticed there was no support email or online chat available. So I guess the question here is if anyone else has seen or experienced such a thing? No I haven't tried playing any other Microsoft games on PC since last years beginning of the issues. No, I haven't ever used MS Games to purchase or launch a game ever. Any information would be helpful, I may have to call support but I know that will be a cluster F.
    Hello ,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums!

Can you please try the following; Steam Settings > Web Browser > then "delete web browser cache and cookies". Once the web browser cache has been deleted, please try to relaunch Halo on Steam to see if you're now able to successfully login with your Microsoft account.

If the above suggestion does not work, there is a temporary fix that may help. Users that are having difficulty accessing Halo Infinite through Steam seem to be able to access Halo Infinite by downloading the game through the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store app. When you get a moment, can you please attempt to download the game from either one of these applications and let us know if this allows you to bypass the error you're receiving?

Thank you!

-Tali

I tried this and I used to empty the games cache all the time so I could make new accounts since the log in was automatic and if you got banned or what not then you wouldn't be able to pass it. I just tried what you suggested and sure enough it did not work. Like I said, it has been this way with MCC since last year and now Infinite is the same. I believe I have either been shadow banned by MS or 343i but it seems more like MS in this instance. Account creation is not the issue although when I do create new accounts outside of the game they are "wonky". What I mean by that is random things fail and random things do not work. I remember when I first had all of this happening sometimes new accounts created would allow me to play and others would not. That led me to a heavy belief that I was on some ban list and as usual it was "bugging" or only "partially working" like many other things with technology do involving networking. Anyhow, I would really like some help or some information about this, I am getting a new PC but in the meantime not being able to play is lame.

In MCC I can sign into my MS account but I cannot connect to the online server, same goes with Halo Infinite (which has no Network settings section lmao). I have tried new MS accounts, IP switch, new Steam account, and clearing game caches along with Steams now. So that rules out a Steam account ban as well before it's suggested. I think it's deeper than that and something like a DNS ban by Microsoft or along those lines. Or perhaps MS has somehow banned my Windows serial number and used that... I've thought about a lot of possibilities.
  5. Encrypted Limbo Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for attempting the suggested troubleshooting above and for supplying additional details. Unfortunately, I won't be able to assist if it's an account issue. However, I would be more than happy to supply direction on where you can go to find out if your account is in good standing.

First, please visit Xbox Enforcement | Reputation, sign in, and you should be able to view your reputation from here.
    You may also contact our support team directly at Contact us | Xbox Support.

We would greatly appreciate it if you escalated the error you're receiving directly to the Halo support team. You may submit a ticket to the Halo support team at Halo Support Ticket. Please note; you will have to login to an account in order to submit a ticket.

Thank you!

-Tali
    It is more than an account issue, every account I make cannot play online. Every account I try to sign into Xbox PC with has an unexpected sign in error and cannot get past the sign in screen. If you can put me in the right direction with someone who may be able to confirm a Machine, Windows, DNS Ban then by all means direct me... there HAS to be a dark list somewhere of people shadow banned like this. How is it 343's issue when I also cannot sign into Xbox PC accounts? I thought the same thing but it is not them, and I have tried 2 tickets with them recently and both had no response AT ALL.
  6. Encrypted Limbo Win User

Oh yeah and I cannot access the Xbox app on PC. No matter how many accounts I create I cannot sign into the Xbox PC app only on my Phone. Again... the PC is shadow banned somewhere.
Thema:

Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

1. Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I... - Similar Threads - Cannot connect game

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  4. Cannot connect to pc hosted games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to pc hosted games: I've tried to play games such as payday2, 7days to die, Raft, and more recently pal-world with my friends but cant seem to connect to the host. Almost always errors like connection timed out. I've...
  5. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  6. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  7. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  8. Cannot connect to Sea of Thieves or any other Xbox Game on any of my PCs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Sea of Thieves or any other Xbox Game on any of my PCs: I am unable to log in to Sea of Thieves without a VPN on either of my 2 PCs regardless of what account I use. It will only let me play when I connect a VPN, but then I have really high ping and...
  9. ** (PC) I cannot connect to multiplayer games on minecraft **

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** (PC) I cannot connect to multiplayer games on minecraft **: i am able to access realms and servers. but i cannot see or connect to individual games and people cannot see or connect to me. ive had an error pop up in game saying something along the lines of...
  10. I cannot connect to multiplayer games on minecraft (pc)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect to multiplayer games on minecraft (pc): i have troubleshooted NAT errors. i have made sure permissions for multiplayer enabled. i have seemingly done everything. i am able to access realms and servers. but i cannot see or connect to...