Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online

Discus and support Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have had severe issues with connecting to any Halo PC games servers the past six months. On Halo: MCC, I am stuck on "Contacting server"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jackbamm, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Jackbamm
    Jackbamm Guest

Hello,

I have had severe issues with connecting to any Halo PC games servers the past six months.

On Halo: MCC, I am stuck on "Contacting server" forever.

On Halo Infinite I am stuck on "authenticating with services" until it also gives up and boots the game in offline.

I have tried many things, including:

1. Using an entirely different Internet connection

2. Reinstalling both games, also in different locations and drives

3. Tried signing out of my MS account and back in

4. Reset network settings

5. Cleared Xbox related applications caches

6. Gone through services.msc, identified any Xbox-related service and specifically started these

7. Gone through services.msc and explicitly started most/all network related services (from Microsoft)

8. Disabled ipv6 (re-enabled after it did not help)

9. Run the typical Windows repair tools

10. Reset network adapter settings

Switching to another PC does fix this issue. This points to something on my end being an issue, but I honestly don't know anymore. Halo MCC and Infinite have both worked for me on the exact same hardware and software configuration until I redownloaded it six months ago and found I couldn't connect.

I am still able to connect to the Xbox app on PC.

:)

Jackbamm, Oct 19, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jackbamm,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jackbamm,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having issue playing the game online that is happening on specific Windows Pc. Let us work as a team to help get this resolve in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Can you provide the device specification where the issue is happening?

2. When you run the typical Windows repair tools, did you include installing available updates in your device?

3. Are you using the Xbox app to play the game?

1. First thing we are going to check is your Network Address Translation (NAT) type. Here are the steps:

• For Windows 10:
      • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
      • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
      • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
    • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
      • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
      • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
      • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
      • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
    2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

5. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

> If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

> Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Xluc Vortex Win User

Bring Back KOTOR

Yes i would love to play those halo 2 and ce again Microsoft says; we will be Killing all original xbox titles along with halo 2 ce and KOTAR or whatever so Xbox Live Dose not exsits No data from halo 2 or any online data left but you can Play KOTAR pc there
    titles are still up but, However If you connet Your XBox to your pc load any pc halo game or any game really and try to get on halo 2 and sign it it will try to connect
  5. xbrokenone Win User

Cannot connect to any online games.

I'd prefer you read my post before replying to it:

"I am too far from the modem for playable speeds (my xbox gets 2mbps download from my modem's wifi signal)."

This is why I play hard-wired, that is why there is an ethernet port on the back of my xbox one correct? Thanks for minimal effort though.
  6. Chandan2805 Win User

Cannot connect to any online games.

1) Reset your internet settings.

2) Connect your xbox through wifi.
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Halo

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  4. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console: I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized...
  5. Cannot connect to online services with gamepass ultimate active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to online services with gamepass ultimate active: I redeemed a code for gamepass ultimate through the online store and I ran into an issue where I can't access online features or gamepass games despite the store already accepting the code I used....
  6. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  7. Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...: So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with multiple accounts and IP's to connect to game...
  8. Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to MS game servers for Halo MCC or Halo Infinite since last year. Am I...: So I think I have been banned from playing games on Microsoft servers since I cannot connect online to either of these games. I tried last year with multiple accounts and IP's to connect to game...
  9. cannot connect to halo wars 2, halo 5 servers for multiplayer during the day!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot connect to halo wars 2, halo 5 servers for multiplayer during the day!: can anyone help? or is this happening to you? as for i cannot connect to the halo wars 2 and halo 5 multiplayer servers during the day, up until around 9.30-10pm that they both work perfectly....
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox live profile with Halo ****

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox live profile with Halo ****: I purchased Halo **** on my Surface 4 Pro, but at startup it says he cannot connect to my Xbox live profile. Redirected to its website, I am shown in. Any idea? Maybe difference between live...