Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help?

Discus and support Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help? Thank you I enables UPnP I manually added my SSID and tried WEP, WPA and no security,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by CorkedScrewBall, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help?

Tricky one.

And by "cannot connect"; where exactly does it fail to connect?

Xbox --> Network

Xbox --> Internet

Xbox --> Xbox Live

When you try to connect, can you see if your Xbox have been assigned an IP/subnet mask/default gateway/DNS from your router/hotspot.

Do you have the option to take your 360 to a friends house and connect it through your friends network (despite knowing it can connect with one of your iPhones as hotspot).

By answering your previous question, regarding static IP assignment, here goes:

It's quite easy. Since you know that your DHCP server leases addresses between .100 - .200, you can choose a unique IP between .2 - .99, 201 - 254. Enter the corresponding subnet mask (255.255.255.0), along with the IP of your default gateway (your router's
    LAN IP address). For DNS I would recommend Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8), or CloudFlare (1.1.1.1). You can choose Google as the primary and CloudFlare as secondary. That's it.

:)

CorkedScrewBall, Jan 12, 2020
  2. CorkedScrewBall Win User

Yes I have b/g only

Only bands are 2.4 and 5.0

Please help, still cannot connect
  3. taidara Win User

I do not understand

My Xbox 360 is only 4-5 feet away from my hot spot

My Hot spot can broadcast in 2.4 ghz or 5
    The USB cable (type-C) that you use to charge the MF985s battery, if this cable is plugged in to your MF985 hotspot, then please unplug the USB cable from your MF985
    hotspot.

Those are the bands. Under Network mode for 2,4 GHz, do you have more options to choose from than b/g/n? For example b/g only.
  4. CorkedScrewBall Win User

I do not understand

My Xbox 360 is only 4-5 feet away from my hot spot

My Hot spot can broadcast in 2.4 ghz or 5
  5. taidara Win User

Thanks

OK I did that, rolled back updates and then used my iPhone as hot spot to download the update. It took about 20 minutes

Tried to connect again to my hot spot on my velocity unit and still, cannot connect

So how is it possible? What in the world could be happening?
    If you always, or currently, have the USB cable (for charging your hotspot), plugged into the USB port on your hotspot, then please unplug this cable and try connect your Xbox.

Login to your Hotspot. Under Wi-Fi and advanced settings select your main Wi-Fi. There you'll find the option to select network mode. Which modes for 2,4 GHz are you able to choose from?

Also, how far away from your Xbox 360 sits your MF985 hotspot?
  6. CorkedScrewBall Win User

Thanks

OK I did that, rolled back updates and then used my iPhone as hot spot to download the update. It took about 20 minutes

Tried to connect again to my hot spot on my velocity unit and still, cannot connect

So how is it possible? What in the world could be happening?
Thema:

1. Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help? - Similar Threads - Cannot connect 360's

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  4. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console: I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized...
  5. Cannot connect to online services with gamepass ultimate active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to online services with gamepass ultimate active: I redeemed a code for gamepass ultimate through the online store and I ran into an issue where I can't access online features or gamepass games despite the store already accepting the code I used....
  6. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  7. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  8. Xbox 360 S cannot connect to Xbox live service while Xbox One works perfectly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S cannot connect to Xbox live service while Xbox One works perfectly: Hi all, This is nothing recent, ever since I bought an old Xbox 360 S from GameStop, I have been trying to get it to work with Live services. Working behind a router and firewall, I perfectly...
  9. Xbox One S cannot connect to Xbox 360 services to download online profile for Call of Duty:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S cannot connect to Xbox 360 services to download online profile for Call of Duty:...: I played COD:BO2 Zombies a lot over the years and last year(2019) I purchased the Xbox 360 version since Xbox One is now backwards compatible with it. The last time I was able to play was October...
  10. Xbox 360 S cannot connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S cannot connect to internet: Hello! My Xbox 360 S cannot connect to internet, he can connect to all my home and office networks, and routers see him as unknow device, but after that he cannot get internet connection. I try...