Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router

Discus and support Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello there. For some reason my xbox360 stop connecting to live after replacing a router. I have an error on the first stage of connecting to WiFi.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BatmanSwitch, Sep 2, 2019.

1. BatmanSwitch
    BatmanSwitch Guest

Hello there.

For some reason my xbox360 stop connecting to live after replacing a router. I have an error on the first stage of connecting to WiFi. All other devices connect fine without any issues.

Probably some router settings differ. Here they are:

Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router [​IMG]

Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router [​IMG]

I there any wrong settings that I should correct?

:)

BatmanSwitch, Sep 2, 2019
  2. BatmanSwitch Win User

3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Batman,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a problem with connecting to Xbox Live on the Xbox 360. I recommend to try the following article:

Restore Xbox 360 network settings to factory defaults

Try this:

Note Before you reset the Xbox 360 console's network settings, make sure that you write down the current settings in case you have to restore them later. If you are using a secured wireless network, you will also need your wireless network
    password.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select
      System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.

Select Configure Network.

1. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. When prompted, select
      Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults.

Note This resets the console's network settings only, and not other settings.

1. Turn off your console.
    2. Turn on your console.

Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.
    Now test your Xbox Live connection:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, then select
      Settings
      , select System Settings, and select Network Settings.
    2. Select the name of your Wireless Network, or select
      Wired Network
      for a wired connection.
    3. Select Test Xbox Live Connection.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  4. DominumStige Win User

Hi!

Probably the router's encryption mode (with tkip&aes) creates connection problems. Can you try setting AES only with WPA2? It would also be possible to set WPA+AES.
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

You may need to configure the settings manually, if you don't know the information you will need to contact your ISP.

Select Configure Network. Now you can manually configure your IP settings, your DNS settings, your PPPoE settings, or your
    MAC address.

See the steps below for the settings you want to configure.

Manually configure your IP settings

1. On the Basic Settings tab, select IP Settings.
    2. Under Edit IP Settings, select Manual.
      • To manually set your IP address, select IP Address, enter the IP address, select Done, and then select Done.
      • To manually set your subnet mask, select Subnet Mask, enter the subnet mask, select Done, and then select Done.
      • To manually set your gateway, select Gateway, enter the gateway address, select Done, and then select Done.
    Manually configure your DNS settings

1. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
    2. Under Edit DNS Settings, select Manual.
    3. Select Primary DNS Server, enter the primary DNS server address, then select Done.
    4. Select Secondary DNS Server, enter the secondary DNS server address, select Done, and then select Done.
    Manually configure your PPPoE settings

1. Under Configure Network, select the Additional Settings tab.
    2. Select PPPoE settings.
    3. Select User Name, enter the PPPoE user name, then select Done.
    4. Select Password, enter the PPPoE password, then select Done.
    5. Select Service Name, enter the PPPoE service name, select Done, and then select Done.
    Manually configure your MAC address

2. Select Advanced settings.
    3. Select Alternate Mac Address, enter the MAC address, select Done, and then select Done.
    Manually configure your host name

2. Select Advanced settings.
    3. Select Host Name, enter the host name, select Done, and then select Done.
  6. BatmanSwitch Win User

I'm not able to connect to the network. So all I have is a failed test status on network.

I've tried to switch from 802.11b/g/n to 802.11g (which is exatcly the 2.4 GHz mode) restarting the router, but there is still no effect.

Is there anything i could try? In the worst case I have to use the ethernet cable which is not too convenient. Anyway, thank you for all of the pieces of advice.
Thema:

1. Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router - Similar Threads - Cannot conect WiFi

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  10. Xbox Series S cannot conect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S cannot conect to internet: Hello, my xbox series S stopped connecting to the wireless internet but all my devices at home can connect, I've tried restarting the router and nothing, it's been like this for days....