Cannot claim free Games with Gold 360 game, not purchase any 360 game.

Discus and support Cannot claim free Games with Gold 360 game, not purchase any 360 game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this issue since November 2015, so please bear with me as it is a bit long winded. The latest chat support session suggested I post in this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tehren, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Tehren
    Tehren Guest

I have had this issue since November 2015, so please bear with me as it is a bit long winded. The latest chat support session suggested I post in this forum so here goes:

I bought an Xbox one last year, I signed up for Xbox Live Gold. I have no problems claiming the monthly
    Games with Gold Xbox One game, and I can purchase any other Xbox one game without issue.

In November 2015, they released the Xbox One backward compatibility patch which allows some 360 games to run on the Xbox One. This works, I have a few 360 games on disc and they play fine. At the same time they announced that any future
    Games with Gold Xbox 360 games will also be on the backward compatibility and as such you can now claim the 360 game along with the Xbox One game.

I cannot do this.

For example, the Games with Gold 360 game at the moment is Super Meat Boy: Super Meat Boy

If I go to that page and click the "Download to 360" link, or the "Buy Game" link I receive the following error:

Uh oh... that should not have happened.

It appears you have found a glitch in the system. Please try again later.

date: 2016-06-08 11:49:30 AM

code: 6C

s: 4pCd1/vpqFbmN/8GnFtG1A==

id: ebc23666-b6e8-4074-b767-74005e51bd45

req: ceec45db-9b7a-400f-9919-4e4f42e9ea6c

I get the same error if I try to buy an Xbox 360 game, and I get the same error if I try to claim it directly on my Xbox One.

Now, someone will probably respond with "check your region", I have checked my region, my account (at accounts.microsoft.com) and my Xbox One console, and the Xbox.com website are all set the South Africa (en-ZA).

However, if I log into an actual Xbox 360, it works, I can claim the Gold 360 game. The only problem is I
    do not own a 360. I was able to test it using a friend, of a friend, of a friend's console, but that is no longer available.

---

Things the chat people have had me try:

• Check my region (again and again and again)
    • Perform a region change to South Africa, just in case (this gave an error which apparently means that it is already set to South Africa)
    • Try a different browser (Chrome: no, Firefox: no, MS Edge: no, IE 11: no, Safari on iPad: no)
    • Try a different network (ADSL at home: no, ADSL at work: no, 3G connection on iPad: no)
    • Remove my profile from XBox One, clear persistent cache, hard reboot: no
    • Factory reset the console then add the profile back in: no
    So far I chatted with around 6 different support people, 3 of them "escalated the case" to whoever, but after month of zero feedback. I am still unable to claim the free Gold 360 game, and I still cannot purchase any other 360 game. Help?

My Chat Support Reference numbers:[Mod Removed]

:)

Tehren, Jun 8, 2016
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    360 games on One.

To claim 360 games with gold for xbox one you need to have linked with the account a valid method of payment, credit card. In this case a purchase of 0,00$ is registered while claiming the game.

Since the account is that of a minor and not allowed to purchase online, it cannot claim the 360 games with gold for xbox one.

M3tal Daz3, Jun 8, 2016
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Can't claim a xbox 360 game backward comp on xbox one

To claim xbox 360 games with bc for xbox one you need a valid method of payment linked to your account, in case of free games with gold a purchase of 0,0$ will be registered.

M3tal Daz3, Jun 8, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Are you on a child account? Do you have a credit card/Paypal on your account?

Smwutches, Jun 8, 2016
  5. Tehren
    Tehren Guest
    It is not a child account, and I do have a credit card associated.

The credit card is used to pay the Gold subscription and I have used it to successfully buy a number of Xbox One games.

Tehren, Nov 2, 2018
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

360 games on One.

To claim 360 games with gold for xbox one you need to have linked with the account a valid method of payment, credit card. In this case a purchase of 0,00$ is registered while claiming the game.

Since the account is that of a minor and not allowed to purchase online, it cannot claim the 360 games with gold for xbox one.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Are you on a child account? Do you have a credit card/Paypal on your account?
  8. Tehren Win User

It is not a child account, and I do have a credit card associated.

The credit card is used to pay the Gold subscription and I have used it to successfully buy a number of Xbox One games.
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Can't claim a xbox 360 game backward comp on xbox one

To claim xbox 360 games with bc for xbox one you need a valid method of payment linked to your account, in case of free games with gold a purchase of 0,0$ will be registered.
  10. XBF Steven R Win User

Cannot claim free 360 game with gold

Hey there SoberCoffee752

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for helpful advice on how to hopefully claim Castlevania: LOS. I can totally understand your concern as the game will only be free until the end of August. The older 360 marketplace currently is separate from the default
    Xbox marketplace and is best accessed by its respective console. If the game is not populating with the appropriate price, it might be best to try downloading it off of a 360 instead or some of the steps outlined in Troubleshoot
    Xbox 360 Marketplace purchasing

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Cannot claim free Games with Gold 360 game, not purchase any 360 game. - Similar Threads - Cannot claim free

2. IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...

in XBoX on Windows
    IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...: IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN AND OTHERS IN SPAIN HAVE THE TIKTOK CAPE SO I DONT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. Xbox Mobile App stuck rewards and cannot be claimed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Mobile App stuck rewards and cannot be claimed: It’s being 3 days since the rewards on the Xbox mobile app are stuck on my account and I cannot claim them. Today I tried to contact Microsoft Support and they said that it seems like a general...
  4. Cannot claim Diablo 4. Did not get the claim for the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot claim Diablo 4. Did not get the claim for the game: I bought second change device at a store. I set up with my account but the option for Diablo to claim was not there. Can I do this while my Xbox is setup? 24bc1127-1d88-492a-aaa4-37f15fa8e2e2
  5. I cannot claim Xbox Game Pass Ultimate perks.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot claim Xbox Game Pass Ultimate perks.: I have gotten Xbox Game Pass ultimate and want to claim my perks but every single time I try it says it's not available https://imgur.com/gallery/ORORJeI This is all done on the "Xbox" app on...
  6. Cannot claim my Game Pass Ultimate from All Access

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot claim my Game Pass Ultimate from All Access: I've purchased an Xbox Series X via the All Access program at Gamestop but I can't claim my Game Pass Ultimate. I've tried to follow the instructions here:...
  7. Cannot Claim Xbox All Access On Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Claim Xbox All Access On Xbox Series X: Hi all, I cannot claim the 24 month Xbox All Access on my Xbox Series X. It wouldn't let me do it when I setup the console. If I select "Included with this Xbox", the option to claim Xbox All...
  8. Cannot Claim my Xbox All Access? - Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Claim my Xbox All Access? - Error: Anyone else having an issue where they can't claim their xbox all access? To access game pass etc? Got my new Series X today and I bought it with All access - however when I go to "claim" it in...
  9. Cannot claim free 360 games with gold, from browser

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot claim free 360 games with gold, from browser: Hello, Since 2 months, it is no longer possible to claim the free Xbox 360 games, from the xbox marketplace (marketplace.xbox.com). There is no error message, but after validating the payment...
  10. Cannot claim free 360 game with gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot claim free 360 game with gold: I am unable to claim Castlevania: LOS with my xbox live gold i have tried both on my console and on the web on my pc. The game shows up at normal price. Plzz help....