Cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow

Discus and support Cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow, when I click Submit, it spins and then all settings in the "Xbox One/Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WyattL2, Aug 15, 2020.

1. WyattL2
    WyattL2 Guest

I cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow, when I click Submit, it spins and then all settings in the "Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety" tab goes back to original prior to Submit.

the Privacy and "Xbox 360 Online Safety"tabs are able to Submit an Save correctly.

now to fix?

:)

WyattL2, Aug 15, 2020
  2. FREDFAZZBEAR Win User

Forza Horizon 3 on PC - Online blocked

Join multiplayer games

Decide to allow or block joining Xbox Live multiplayer games on Xbox One.

Thats one of the things to allow or block and Ive allowed it. and i still cant access online stuff. it did this a couple months ago.
  3. damoparker Win User

blocked multiplayer

I can change all settings to block and submit and it saves but when I put them all back to allow, the joining multiplayer does not saves
  4. Need HelpStat Win User

My son getting access to playing a game

Thank you for your reply. I made the changes online like you said and on the tv screen it still said he is blocked from joining multiplayer games and to choose who will give permission and I clicked on my gamer tag picture and I selected Allow and then
    it brought me back to the same screen again.

On my laptop under Privacy on his account it asked for communication outside of xbox live with voice and text: I selected in-game friends and then in the category of others can communicate with voice,text, or invites, I selected: Friends. I also allowed
    him to join multiplayer games. Maybe I missed a category to change?
  5. Redshirt1701 Win User

Minecraft realm for family, children can't login

From Minecraft/Microsoft -

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-multiplayer-server-safety

“Join Multiplayer Games” Settings
    If you have your settings set to block joining multiplayer games, you can’t join any multiplayer games in Minecraft, including shared local worlds, Realms or servers. To enable multiplayer in Minecraft, make sure this setting is set to ‘Allow.’

However, just like ASCllnaut, that setting was already turned on for my children. In other words I'm in the same boat, we can play on the LAN but not on a realm.
  6. StarSeeker89172 Win User

How do I play on servers and with friends on Minecraft?

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings."

This was breaking me. But with hours of searching and trying different things this was the key:

To join a Realm in the first place, the xbox setting You can create and join Clubs must be set to Allow.

So even though I had allowed my child to join multiplayer games, they still could not join my Realm.

You can adjust Join Clubs on the Xbox One console or in a browser.

Xbox One Console:

Login as the parent/adult in the family

Account > Family Settings

Choose child's profile

Privacy & online safety

Xbox Live privacy

View details & customise

Friends & clubs

You can create and join clubs: ALLOW

Communication & multiplayer

You can join multiplayer games: Allow

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow

In a Browser:

https://account.xbox.com/Profile & sign in

Privacy Settings

Choose the Child Account you wish to amend

Choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety

Adjust the following:

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow (not sure if this is needed, but as Minecraft is cross-platform I adjusted this)

You can create and join clubs: ALLOW

You can join multiplayer games: Allow
Thema:

1. Cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow - Similar Threads - Cannot change join

2. Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode: When I turned the Xbox on it was stuck on a black screen, the only thing that worked was rebooting it in low quality mode but no I cannot change the quality back to 720 or 1080p. I have tried...
  3. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  4. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  5. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  6. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  7. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  8. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  9. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  10. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d