Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode

Discus and support Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turned the Xbox on it was stuck on a black screen, the only thing that worked was rebooting it in low quality mode but no I cannot change the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan Wilson5, May 13, 2024.

1. Dan Wilson5
    Dan Wilson5 Guest

When I turned the Xbox on it was stuck on a black screen, the only thing that worked was rebooting it in low quality mode but no I cannot change the quality back to 720 or 1080p. I have tried power cycling, soft resting it and now factory resetting it and the problem persists. After the factory reset I immediately had to reboot in low quality mode after sitting in front of a black screen for 15 minutes. It is not an issue with the cable or monitor, as it was working fine yesterday and still works fine with my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Dan Wilson5, May 13, 2024
  2. Dan Wilson5 Win User

When I select a hight quality, the screen goes black for about 20 seconds while it's waiting for me to confirm the change, but since it is black I leave it. There's no message on my monitor, but it is still on rather than in standby. Then it returns to low resolution. The monitor only has one hdmi port, so I can't try a different one. I haven't tried a different cable yet, but the cable works perfectly with my laptop.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Please try a different cable if you can. While the cable may work with other devices, trying another cable is a good troubleshooting step.

If the issue persists, try connecting the Xbox to a different display such as a TV to see if it works with other displays.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Dan. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. I'm sorry you are experiencing issues changing your Xbox One's resolution.

What happens when you try to change the resolution back to 720p or 1080p? Do you see a message on your monitor screen?

Have you tried using a different cable or connecting it to a different HDMI port on your monitor (if possible)?
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Xbox screen extremely dim

Have you tried booting into low resolution mode? Maybe something was changed and is ot compatible with the change setting. Low resolution mode basically reset your display settings to the lowest settings. To do this you press and hold the Xbox button and
    the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode.
  6. NasifK Win User

Xbox one S low resolution mode

Check the wires for any tears or rips, you may need to get them replaced.
Thema:

1. Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode - Similar Threads - Cannot change low

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  6. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  7. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  8. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  9. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  10. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...