Cannot change son's gamertag

Discus and support Cannot change son's gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to change my son's gamertag. I therefore logged into xbox.com with his Microsoft account credentials and attempted to change the gamertag in his... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joseph's Dad, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Joseph's Dad
    Joseph's Dad Guest

I want to change my son's gamertag. I therefore logged into xbox.com with his Microsoft account credentials and attempted to change the gamertag in his profile. I selected a new name, which was accepted.

This prompted an e-mail from Microsoft to my own address, requesting permission to change his gamertag. I responded in the affirmative and was told that there would be a fee of $9.99 to change the name.

I therefore loaded £10 GBP onto his account using my credit card. This sum is now showing correctly on his account as a credit (NB: £10 > $9.99).

Subsequently, I logged back into his account and attempted to change the gamertag again. The new name selected was again approved and claimed.

When it came to the payment option, I clicked on the default, which was to pay the fee from the account credit. However, this option failed, with the following message: "We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out". I have been round this loop multiple times.

Options to speak to a person in Microsoft also fail. The assistance bots have been useless in solving the matter and just refer to the stock instructions for the process described above that I already tried to follow.

Any help, please?

:)

Joseph's Dad, Apr 25, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: