Cannot change random gamertag without paying

Discus and support Cannot change random gamertag without paying in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey all So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OnlyBinje, Nov 20, 2021.

1. OnlyBinje
    OnlyBinje Guest

Hey all

So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was weird. I wanted to change the gamertag but it seems I have to pay 7.99 for the privilege. A bit of reading up says 1 change is free before having to pay. I have never changed my gamertag and certainly wouldnt have to something as random as Crystal2991 so I dont get why I cant change it. I read somewhere it can happen if xbox enforcement change it but again, I checked my record and it says perfect. I dont understand why I cant be afforded my one change or why the system seems to think I have already changed it once when I clearly havent. Can someone help how I can get this sorted?

Thanks all.

:)

OnlyBinje, Nov 20, 2021
  2. OnlyBinje Win User

Thanks for the answer guys. I'm assuming someone got hold of my account somehow and assigned this lovely tag to it as I dont share it with anyone. C*** on a stick. So either I stay Crystal or pay for the change which is a kick in the teeth.

Oh well. Thanks for the info guys.
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

You will receive random numbers if the gamertag is already in use by another user.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Randomly generated tags do not look like that. I'm not sure how you would have gotten it, but that is not a randomly generated tag, so you would have to pay in order to change it.
  5. OnlyBinje Win User

Hi there

Thanks for replying. So just to clarify, I didn't want the name Crystal or any variation of it. I haven't set any name at all. I was given the name Crystal2991 by default, it wasnt something I chose. My choice would be something completely different which is why I am annoyed that I have this tag and can't change it without paying. I have checked and my intended tag is free and would not need any hash with it. So as I said, how can I change without paying.
  6. ngocphi Win User

You aren't understanding the issue

One what you have isnt a enforcement rename or a random gamertag.

An enforcement action or a random name has 3 things a emotion a cute animal and random numbers

What you have is a customized name but I don't think you realize how it gets generated

Since you used plain English common name you couldn't have believed that name wasn't taken

Since ita an obvious name it is most likely a taken name

Since its a taken name (crystal) it's going to get a hashtag

Which is what you got

Common you couldn't possibly believe that ,crystal wasn't taken

When choosing a name that is alreafy taken it means you can still choose the name but it tells you upfront that you will get a hashtag

Since your name is obviously taken

The hashtag is 4 numbers randomly generated since your crystal name is taken that's what you get
Thema:

1. Cannot change random gamertag without paying - Similar Threads - Cannot change random

2. Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode: When I turned the Xbox on it was stuck on a black screen, the only thing that worked was rebooting it in low quality mode but no I cannot change the quality back to 720 or 1080p. I have tried...
  3. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  4. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  5. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  6. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  7. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  8. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  9. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  10. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d