Cannot change gamertag on a 3 year tenure account

Discus and support Cannot change gamertag on a 3 year tenure account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when I try to change my gamertag to something it does the loading animation then it says Change Your Gamertag and shows some suggestions, its not taken... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iMatrixify, May 22, 2016.

1. iMatrixify
    iMatrixify Guest

when I try to change my gamertag to something it does the loading animation then it says Change Your Gamertag and shows some suggestions, its not taken and I still can't change it too it

:)

iMatrixify, May 22, 2016
  2. INxYOURxHEAD
    INxYOURxHEAD Guest
    Xbox Account Tenure Problem

The anniversary of this account is June 5th, 2009. So that means this account should have a 3-year Tenure right? Well iv'e been researching for a few days now and nobody seems to have my problem. My Tenure was 2 years on June 4th (4 days ago) But on June
    5th around 6 P.M.-ish my Tenure went down a year?? That's right, my Tenure is now 1! *Facepalm*, it went from 2-1 when it should have went from 2-3. Please help, my Gamertag is: Depressuhns.

INxYOURxHEAD, May 22, 2016
  3. My Gamertag 3 year tenure thing is gone (REF: 1167177990)

Hi i was told to come here after ringing xbox support. I got a discounted gold account, but it never renewed so i rang back. They managed to get me started on a new discounted xbox gold account but my 3 year tenure thingy next to my gamertag isn't there
    anymore. They told me to come here because you should be able to restore it. If you can't however, id quite like it if you could change the colour of my gamertag to gold or something to signify my long tenure with xbox live.

Have a nice day.

Marcus gamertag

The Boneduster, May 22, 2016
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

If it shows suggestions then it's taken

FYI even if you search for the name it doesn't nessarily mean it's not being used

Remember you have to use the exact spelling including spaces

And the system sees like ngoc phi to be the same as

ngocphi, May 22, 2016
  5. ngocphi Win User

If it shows suggestions then it's taken

FYI even if you search for the name it doesn't nessarily mean it's not being used

Remember you have to use the exact spelling including spaces

And the system sees like ngoc phi to be the same as
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Tenure changed from 3 years to 2 years

Hi Obama,

Sorry to hear about the tenure troubles. Let's see what we can do.

We have recently changed the way tenure is calculated. Below is a simple explanation.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag.

When did you create your account? Have you exceeded 3 years of payed Gold time? You can check at commerce.microsoft.com.

Let us know, and we can go from there.
  7. HassanB Win User

xbl tenure

Hi,

Microsoft has changed how tenure is calculated. See below:

Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase
    only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has finished.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag.
  8. HassanB Win User

Xbox LIVE Tenure Glitch

Hi,

Microsoft has changed how tenure is calculated. See below.

Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has
    finished.

9. HassanB Win User

Xbox Live Tenure went a year down

Hi,

Microsoft has changed how tenure is calculated. See below.

Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has
    finished.

Thema:

1. Cannot change gamertag on a 3 year tenure account - Similar Threads - Cannot change gamertag

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...
  5. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.: [img] As you can see in the picture, even though I changed the country to Thailand already, it has an error like this. [img] 5de0c4a8-6bfd-4622-b19e-26fc6e7c912c
  6. Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error: I cannot change my xbox gamertag currently, i'm trying to change my gamertag for the first time here https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag even though the option is available, i'm stuck at the...
  7. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  8. I cannot change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag: I cannot change my gamertag, it's say Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. App-InvalidOrderData xFfXrZ6CyDA61056BV0GMs.4 2023/09/09 04:52:36 UTC...
  9. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the Gamertag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Try that again Something happened on our...
  10. Cannot change son's gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change son's gamertag: I want to change my son's gamertag. I therefore logged into xbox.com with his Microsoft account credentials and attempted to change the gamertag in his profile. I selected a new name, which was...