Cannot cast media to xbox while device is online

Discus and support Cannot cast media to xbox while device is online in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i can't see my xbox in dialog when i want to cast media to device (From edge or video player), but i see it in xbox app and can connect to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vít Holásek, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Cannot cast media to xbox while device is online

Hello, i can't see my xbox in dialog when i want to cast media to device (From edge or video player), but i see it in xbox app and can connect to through this app. Streaming in xbox preferences is allowed. Xbox is also added to devices correctly. My location
    is Czech Republic.

Thanks for advices.

:)

Vít Holásek, Jan 12, 2016
  2. spidermake
    spidermake Guest
    Cast to Device not working

Now that Windows 10 has arrived on Xbox One the 'Cast to Device' functionality has disappeared. I have tried to connect from several boxes running Win 10 and Win 8.1. All of them can see the Xbox on the network but clicking on the device in 'Cast to Device'
    does not bring up the Media Streaming popup so nothing is streamed!

Really frustrating - hope there is a fix in the pipeline...

spidermake, Jan 12, 2016
  3. radarforest
    radarforest Guest
    Streaming Media (Videos/Music) to Xbox One from Windows 10

Hi,

I'm trying to stream video from my Windows 10 laptop to my Xbox One. I have enabled media streaming on my computer, and it does show the Xbox as a device which can access media content. However, I seem to be unable to actually stream media to xbox; neither
    through the new "Cast to Device" (No devices listed), nor through Windows Media Player.

I've had no luck googling the problem, (though I see the others have it too, but no resolution is posted to their quests), and chatting with Support on both Windows and Xbox was a waste of my time.

What am I just not getting here?

radarforest, Jan 12, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Cannot cast media to xbox while device is online