Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Matthew Cole5, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site, ask it to take payment from the microsoft account, which acknowledges sufficient funds, hen displays an error page!! - Any help?

:)

Matthew Cole5, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Matthew, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

To address the immediate issue, please, temporarily turn off the Ask to Buy option and ask your child to attempt the purchase again.

Sign in to your Family page with an adult Microsoft account.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Find the child's name and select More options > Spending.

Under the Ask to Buy section, switch Needs organizer approval to buy things to Off.

I hope this helps.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Purchase problems despite sufficient credit on my Microsoft account

Hey there Jan,

Sorry to hear you are running into these problems. Just to clarify, When you are submitting the payment does it allow you to use the Microsoft credit and is having you add a second payment due to insufficient Microsoft currency? or is it not giving you the
    option to use the Microsoft currency at all? It is possible it is not including any Taxes that are being charged (if taxes are applicable in your location)

Let us know.
  4. Lou Ryan Win User

Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card?

Thanks for the reply. If the Microsoft account balance is essentially a gift card, is there a way to use that to purchase Vbucks? If not, what can we do to facilitate the purchase of Vbucks (or are we really limited with what that Microsoft account balance can buy us?)?

And would you happen to know why the Xbox all of a sudden wouldn’t accept Vbucks purchases via the usual way (PayPal) and sent my son down the path of having to ask a parent (the purchase the Microsoft credit)?
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Money on my childs account unaccessable

Did you gift your child some store credit and them purchase them vbuck in game on your childs account. This is how I did this with my kids.

Basically give them some credit, and when they go to the store in the fortnite game, they can then select purchase vbucks, and then it will buy them with the credit you have put on there account.

This has to be done ingame on the childs account though.
  6. Wishmia Win User

Unable to use credit to buy Vbucks

I've bought £30.00 of credit via paypal and can see that on my microsft account balance when i try to buy the vbucks
Thema:

1. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot buy vbucks

2. I have a Turkish account, a turkish Deniz bank card, but I cannot buy Call of Duty 3 for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Turkish account, a turkish Deniz bank card, but I cannot buy Call of Duty 3 for...: I have a Turkish account, a turkish Deniz bank card, but I cannot buy Call of Duty 3 for 1999 TL. However I can buy items in game for 150 TL. What can be the problem?...
  3. Cannot buy a game with Ubisoft+

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot buy a game with Ubisoft+: Hello all, I just got 1 month of Ubisoft + and I was trying to buy Valhalla Cmplete edition as it is on sale but I get an error message that I already own the game... Now, I wanted to buy the...
  4. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  5. I have added 10 £ in diablo4 for the kid buying coins for battle pass and cannot bee seen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have added 10 £ in diablo4 for the kid buying coins for battle pass and cannot bee seen: I have added 10 £ in diablo4 for the kid buying coins for battle pass and cannot bee seen. In my account (parent account) is showing that were charged this money in his account but in his cannot...
  6. Cannot access Starfield after buying premium upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot access Starfield after buying premium upgrade: I've bought and dowbloaded the Starfield Premium upgrade in order to be anle to play before the general releade date. However, even after installing I'm getting the 'You're too early' message....
  7. I cannot play cod ghosts anymore it always says “to play you need to buy it”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play cod ghosts anymore it always says “to play you need to buy it”: I was trying to hop on call of duty ghosts today and all of the sudden I got an error that I need to buy it in order to play it even tho I have brought the game and own it so I said “that’s weird”...
  8. I cannot buy something on the xbox gamepass app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot buy something on the xbox gamepass app: I cannot buy something on the xbox gamepass app because my microseft account is allegedy a US account however I am in canada and when I go on the microsoft security site it says its set to canada...
  9. Cannot buy Minecraft Java for son's new account - says Already Owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot buy Minecraft Java for son's new account - says Already Owned: I'm trying to set up Minecraft for my youngest on a laptop which already has it installed and has been used by other people. I created a new MS account for him which is a family one. When I...
  10. I cannot buy a minecraft realm. - Realms requires Minecraft: Java Edition to play. So get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot buy a minecraft realm. - Realms requires Minecraft: Java Edition to play. So get...: I migrated TWO accounts when it was needed years ago. I bought both of my accounts through mojang. Now when i try to buy a realm i am met with this: Realms requires Minecraft: Java Edition to...