Cannot Authorize this payment method

Discus and support Cannot Authorize this payment method in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I need to turn on recurring billing for my subscription on xbox.com.. Then I selected the payment method and it says the Cannot Authorize this payment... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Nishchinth.S, May 15, 2021.

1. Nishchinth.S
    Nishchinth.S Guest

I need to turn on recurring billing for my subscription on xbox.com.. Then I selected the payment method and it says the Cannot Authorize this payment method. Plz help

:)

Nishchinth.S, May 15, 2021
  2. NikolinoDE Win User

You probably mean paying by direct debit:

You can only use direct debit for gold memberships.

Since you could simply have the money posted back, you would have games, points, etc. 4free and MS could not do anything. With gold memberships, however, they can block your account if you have the money credited back...so far i know,

...but who am I to know something? :))

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Additional Infos:

https://commerce.microsoft.com

Hope I was able to help you with this information.
  3. An Xbox Dude Win User

Payment method cannot be authorized

Do you have another card you can try with? Also maybe try removing this card and adding it to your account again.
  4. Nishchinth.S Win User

I am using a credit card but it says the same thing and its expiring on june 2... Thank you for letting me know :). I need to turn on recurring billing for my game pass ultimate subscription but it says the same error 'Try again cannot Authorize your payment method'. Anyways thx :)
  5. HassanB Win User

Payment method cannot be authorized

If you just purchased points earlier in the day with it, please try again within 48 hours and see if you are able to purchase points with this card again.

It's always recommended that you purchase whatever you'd like in terms of points in one transaction. This problem usually occurs (in a situation like yours) when you don't purchase things too often, it's sort of like a security precaution that credit card companies
    put in place to keep your account safe.

If your still unable to purchase points after waiting 48 hours, and you've already gone through the solution steps noted
    here then the only thing left would be to use prepaid cards which can be purchased online digitally
    and delivered to you via e-mail or in most retail stores. The retailers that take part in the digital delivery codes are Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Microsoft Store online. I know it's not a permanent fix, but it's something that will let you
    purchase your points and use them on your account.
  6. DIS7RICT Win User

Cannot add a legitimate credit card

And when i try to add the credit card on my Xbox 360 it says "Cannot authorize the selected payment, Please select another payment method or add a new one".
Thema:

1. Cannot Authorize this payment method - Similar Threads - Cannot Authorize payment

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  10. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc