Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live

Discus and support Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At start-up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GeneralTub1186, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live

At start-up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However, this update fails every time:

- Status code isn't found on any support forum or internet site (40a300000080030080072751)

- If says to go to Settings and test Xbox Live connection, but that fails too (it gets through wireless and internet, fails at final stage). This brings me back to "update required" - so I'm caught in an endless loop!

Any ideas?

Some of my details:

- In Europe/Ireland.

- As mentioned, wireless & internet connections are showing as fine. ISP Eircom.net.

- Single Xbox 360 connected to wireless.

:)

GeneralTub1186, Oct 26, 2014
  2. Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360)

At start up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However, this update fails every time:

- Status code isn't found on any support forum or internet site (40a300000080030080072751)

- If says to go to Settings and test Xbox Live connection, but that fails too (it gets through wireless and internet, fails at final stage). This brings me back to "update required" - so I'm caught in an endless loop!

Any ideas?

Some of my details:

- In Europe/Ireland.

- As mentioned, wireless & internet connections are showing as fine. ISP Eircom.net.

- Single Xbox 360 connected to wireless.

GeneralTub1186, Oct 26, 2014
  3. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360)

Unfortunately you are posting in the Xbox One forum. So I'd suggest to post your issue again und the Xbox 360 area.

Meanwhile you may try doing a system cache reset on your 360 to check if that helps. The steps for this are described here:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

BobMcFly247, Oct 26, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there GeneralTub1186!

Sorry to hear about the update issue. Looks like this might be an intermittent connection issue. For those super long codes, searching the last 8 characters helps. Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live :)

The steps below were found on our
    Xbox 360 System Update error
    code page. The steps below pertain to the error code you have.

"The update could not be downloaded from Xbox Live. Try the following:

1. Try installing the update again.
    2. If you’re having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox Live, see Xbox Live connection problems.
    Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or a disc and then applying it to the console. See How to get a new Xbox 360 update."

Post back and let us know how that goes! \Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live :D/

Mister Beep, Oct 27, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there GeneralTub1186!

Sorry to hear about the update issue. Looks like this might be an intermittent connection issue. For those super long codes, searching the last 8 characters helps. :)

The steps below were found on our
    Xbox 360 System Update error
    code page. The steps below pertain to the error code you have.

"The update could not be downloaded from Xbox Live. Try the following:

1. Try installing the update again.
    2. If you’re having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox Live, see Xbox Live connection problems.
    Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or a disc and then applying it to the console. See How to get a new Xbox 360 update."

Post back and let us know how that goes! \:D/
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360)

Unfortunately you are posting in the Xbox One forum. So I'd suggest to post your issue again und the Xbox 360 area.

Meanwhile you may try doing a system cache reset on your 360 to check if that helps. The steps for this are described here:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  7. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Thinking of making a new account

Account license - required to be connected to xbox live, is rather like a public license that is checked when loading a purchased game online. If you are not connected, they cant check.

Console.licenses. The rather local license, it wont require xbox live, or being Connected to it to launch the purchased game, though a connection may apply if you cant get passed the game update screen.
  8. Captwinky Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

The storage shows 3.0GB capacity 1.2FB free. (Device Summary) Doing the test for "Test Xbox Live Connection" it shows Network: Connected Internet: Connected Then said a required update is need. So I apply it now it. It Xbox live connection Fails.... Next
    screen with Test failed "Start Over" or "Cancel" it suck it that loop.
  9. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox one in Romania

Hey Ripper,

While the Xbox One console is region free, it does require a day One update from Xbox Live and all other system updates will need to be retrieved the same way. As your region is not currently a Live supported region, we cannot guarantee that you will be able
    to reliably connect to Xbox Live if you can connect at all.
Thema:

1. Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live - Similar Threads - Cannot apply update

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  5. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  6. I cannot sign up for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign up for developer mode: Whenever I try to sign up, after I put in my info I am not taken to the payment info page, instead I keep getting this message: Microsoft runs on trust- We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation...
  7. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. Cannot apply for minecraft marketplace partner program .

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot apply for minecraft marketplace partner program .: Hello , so I want to apply for minecraft partner program , however it says the round is closed . I understand that all i can do is to wait for the next round , but anyone ever had experience in...
  10. Xbox one keeps applying updating and cannot sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps applying updating and cannot sign in: Whenever I boot the system, it applies update upto 98% after which the normal menu screen show. Also whenever I try to add new account, it loads for a while and again shows add new account. I...