Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360)

Discus and support Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At start up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GeneralTub1186, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360)

At start up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However, this update fails every time:

- Status code isn't found on any support forum or internet site (40a300000080030080072751)

- If says to go to Settings and test Xbox Live connection, but that fails too (it gets through wireless and internet, fails at final stage). This brings me back to "update required" - so I'm caught in an endless loop!

Any ideas?

Some of my details:

- In Europe/Ireland.

- As mentioned, wireless & internet connections are showing as fine. ISP Eircom.net.

- Single Xbox 360 connected to wireless.

:)

GeneralTub1186, Oct 25, 2014
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live

Hey there GeneralTub1186!

Sorry to hear about the update issue. Looks like this might be an intermittent connection issue. For those super long codes, searching the last 8 characters helps. Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360) :)

The steps below were found on our
    Xbox 360 System Update error
    code page. The steps below pertain to the error code you have.

"The update could not be downloaded from Xbox Live. Try the following:

1. Try installing the update again.
    2. If you’re having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox Live, see Xbox Live connection problems.
    Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or a disc and then applying it to the console. See How to get a new Xbox 360 update."

Post back and let us know how that goes! \Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360) :D/

Mister Beep, Oct 25, 2014
  3. Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live

At start-up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However, this update fails every time:

- Status code isn't found on any support forum or internet site (40a300000080030080072751)

- If says to go to Settings and test Xbox Live connection, but that fails too (it gets through wireless and internet, fails at final stage). This brings me back to "update required" - so I'm caught in an endless loop!

Any ideas?

Some of my details:

- In Europe/Ireland.

- As mentioned, wireless & internet connections are showing as fine. ISP Eircom.net.

- Single Xbox 360 connected to wireless.

GeneralTub1186, Oct 25, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

Unfortunately you are posting in the Xbox One forum. So I'd suggest to post your issue again und the Xbox 360 area.

Meanwhile you may try doing a system cache reset on your 360 to check if that helps. The steps for this are described here:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

BobMcFly247, Oct 26, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

Unfortunately you are posting in the Xbox One forum. So I'd suggest to post your issue again und the Xbox 360 area.

Meanwhile you may try doing a system cache reset on your 360 to check if that helps. The steps for this are described here:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live

Hey there GeneralTub1186!

Sorry to hear about the update issue. Looks like this might be an intermittent connection issue. For those super long codes, searching the last 8 characters helps. :)

The steps below were found on our
    Xbox 360 System Update error
    code page. The steps below pertain to the error code you have.

"The update could not be downloaded from Xbox Live. Try the following:

1. Try installing the update again.
    2. If you’re having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox Live, see Xbox Live connection problems.
    Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or a disc and then applying it to the console. See How to get a new Xbox 360 update."

Post back and let us know how that goes! \:D/
  7. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Thinking of making a new account

Account license - required to be connected to xbox live, is rather like a public license that is checked when loading a purchased game online. If you are not connected, they cant check.

Console.licenses. The rather local license, it wont require xbox live, or being Connected to it to launch the purchased game, though a connection may apply if you cant get passed the game update screen.
  8. TheQueue7 Win User

Belkin: Known Issues

As of May 2016, I cannot connect the Xbox 360 with the latest patch applied.
  9. Captwinky Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

The storage shows 3.0GB capacity 1.2FB free. (Device Summary) Doing the test for "Test Xbox Live Connection" it shows Network: Connected Internet: Connected Then said a required update is need. So I apply it now it. It Xbox live connection Fails.... Next
    screen with Test failed "Start Over" or "Cancel" it suck it that loop.
Thema:

1. Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360) - Similar Threads - Cannot apply required

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  7. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  8. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  9. Cannot apply for minecraft marketplace partner program .

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot apply for minecraft marketplace partner program .: Hello , so I want to apply for minecraft partner program , however it says the round is closed . I understand that all i can do is to wait for the next round , but anyone ever had experience in...
  10. Xbox one keeps applying updating and cannot sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps applying updating and cannot sign in: Whenever I boot the system, it applies update upto 98% after which the normal menu screen show. Also whenever I try to add new account, it loads for a while and again shows add new account. I...