Cannot add child to XBox Live.

Discus and support Cannot add child to XBox Live. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cannot add child to XBox Live. They already have an offline profile and gamer tag but will not allow me to update it to XBox Live. This worked okay... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ExiledTie3029, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Cannot add child to XBox Live.

Cannot add child to XBox Live. They already have an offline profile and gamer tag but will not allow me to update it to XBox Live. This worked okay for older child on 22 Jan but does not work for second child today. Does anyone know why?

:)

ExiledTie3029, Jan 24, 2016
  2. gta 5 wont play on my profile but will on different profiles

It could be because your xbox live account is a childs account. Child accounts cannot play rated M games.

Chief ManGoat, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends

Hi

My son has a Child Account on our Xbox One. He has been able to add friends in the past but for the last two weeks has been unable to add any either on the Xbox itself or on Xbox.com. The message we get is that the friend cannot be added at the moment, and
    to try again later, or check privacy settings.

We've checked the privacy settings, removed the account from the Xbox, turned it off etc. and readded, moved the account to adult defaults, saved, removed the account, reset the machine, readded etc. but still no joy. We're sure he's not being blocked.

Any ideas what's going on or how it can be rectified?

Thanks

James

jimbobmitch1977, Jan 24, 2016
  4. CyberJunk101
    CyberJunk101 Guest
  5. WengerKnife
    WengerKnife Guest
    I keep being asked to create an account on Microsoft.com. This has been done. Still won't accept sign-in credentials

WengerKnife, Mar 10, 2016
  6. Hey, WengerKnife! This thread is a bit old. It's likely that you have two-step authentication turned on. You will need to turn that off or use an App Password to sign into an Xbox 360. If you need further assistance, please post up a new detailed post so
    that our community can work on helping you out! Thanks!

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  7. WengerKnife Win User

I keep being asked to create an account on Microsoft.com. This has been done. Still won't accept sign-in credentials
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, WengerKnife! This thread is a bit old. It's likely that you have two-step authentication turned on. You will need to turn that off or use an App Password to sign into an Xbox 360. If you need further assistance, please post up a new detailed post so
    that our community can work on helping you out! Thanks!
  9. CyberJunk101 Win User
  10. Destiny082618 Win User

Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

Hello, most of the time this can be because the child account settings are actually set so that the children cannot add/accept friends on xbox live due to age restrictions. This is something that you can fix within your family settings/child account settings.
  11. Chief ManGoat Win User

gta 5 wont play on my profile but will on different profiles

It could be because your xbox live account is a childs account. Child accounts cannot play rated M games.
Thema:

1. Cannot add child to XBox Live. - Similar Threads - Cannot add child

2. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  3. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...
  4. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends: I navigate Play > Friends >Add Friend> Enter GamerTag> Friend's profile is displayed. But then there is no "Add Friend" button or anything. I see two checkboxes "Friend" or "Favorite" but neither...
  5. New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite: Recently upgraded from Xbox X to Series X. Child is under the family xbox live account. Child now cannot add friends in XBOX Series X. Child's account is over 10 and only restriction is time...
  6. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends or accept them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends or accept them: I have been trying to do this for hours, we have had requests but cannot accept them. When we try to add it says 'You cannot add friends becuaes of how your account is setup' I have chatted...
  7. Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser: I am trying since 3 days ago to add my Child account to an existing family group but no luck. Other accounts have no problem to join the existing family group. Also, the Child account cannot...
  8. Cannot add money to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot add money to child account: I have tried multiple times to add money to my childs account with 2 different credit cards. I have called support who escalated the issue and claimed it was fixed. Nope same issue. I have...
  9. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.: In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details...
  10. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends: I am trying to allow my child to add friends on her Minecraft game (on iPad - if that matters) When she tries to add a friend we get the message: "cannot add friends because of how your...