Cannot Accept New "Terms of Use" when Trying to Connect to xbox Live

Discus and support Cannot Accept New "Terms of Use" when Trying to Connect to xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on my xbox for the first time in over a year today. When I tried to connect to xbox Live, it said that the Terms of Use have changed and that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AtOneWithMySoul, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Cannot Accept New "Terms of Use" when Trying to Connect to xbox Live

I turned on my xbox for the first time in over a year today. When I tried to connect to xbox Live, it said that the Terms of Use have changed and that I had to accept them; however, my account is a parental account because I was still a child when I first
    made the account and it prompted me to enter in the password for the parental email. I did not remember the email password so I contacted my mom and she reset the password. I can now log into the email using that password just fine but it still won't log me
    onto xbox Live. When I try it says that "The password you entered isn't valid"! This is very frustrating since we just changed the password and know that it is the right one for the email.

I am stumped and have no idea what to do now. Is the password for xbox different than the password for the email address? What can I do to resolve this problem? All I wanted to do was enjoy xbox once again...

:)

AtOneWithMySoul, Oct 17, 2014
  2. Refined Hate
    Refined Hate Guest
    Can't log in to Xbox Live account on Xbox console

Hello. My brother can't connect to Xbox live on his account. He can sign in, but he can't accept the new update. When an update came for the terms of use, he accidentally declined it, without reading it. Now he cannot install the update, or sign in to xbox
    live at all. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Refined Hate, Oct 17, 2014
  3. Juxtapose13
    Juxtapose13 Guest
    Perental email hacked and i cat accept new terms or use!!

[quote user="BuRnT tOaSt 022"]

So when i try to connect to xbox live it says i have to read the new terms of use, so i do and accept it. Then it asks for parental Email and password witch was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but that Email got hacked and i have tried everything for to get it back but it is
    impossible. So now i cant accept the terms of use and it won't let me go online because i can't accept the terms of use and i am not even thinking about making a new account i spent to much money on this one and to much time on it! HELP!

[/quote]

All you can do is attempt to recover the email account. Since it's a Hotmail account, go
    here and click on the Recover Account option to begin the process.

Good luck!

Juxtapose13, Oct 17, 2014
  4. Beef Jurfy
    Beef Jurfy Guest

You need to go to account.live.com and select I cannot access my account and then select I forgot my password and then enter the E-mail used to create the Parent Microsoft account click next and it will ask you to verify your parent account with a support
    code via E-mail or PH# or security question once you have verified the account it will prompt you to enter a new password once you have done this you should be able to sign into with the parent account and accept the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

Beef Jurfy, Oct 17, 2014
  5. Beef Jurfy Win User

You need to go to account.live.com and select I cannot access my account and then select I forgot my password and then enter the E-mail used to create the Parent Microsoft account click next and it will ask you to verify your parent account with a support
    code via E-mail or PH# or security question once you have verified the account it will prompt you to enter a new password once you have done this you should be able to sign into with the parent account and accept the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!
  6. Refined Hate Win User

Can't log in to Xbox Live account on Xbox console

Hello. My brother can't connect to Xbox live on his account. He can sign in, but he can't accept the new update. When an update came for the terms of use, he accidentally declined it, without reading it. Now he cannot install the update, or sign in to xbox
    live at all. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
  7. ngocphi Win User

banned account force deleted

Nope can't if the offline account cannot exist online

Either you have Xbox live account or a offline account

If a family account needs to be recovered then the parental account must be used to accept the new terms of use

Then you need to sign into Xbox.com and you need to accept the new terms of use with the child account

When you say you are recovering the 2nd account it is a online account

You cannot recover a offline account as it is only on your hd

You must accept the new terms of use before you can recover an account or accept the new update

A failed recovery will only corrupt the local copy of the gamertag

This is why you must recover the account before you can use it again
  8. tinykhan Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox live AFTER accepting new terms of use.

hi I have the same problem tried this and it still does not work any other solutions please? I have tested the connection and it shows all is ok whilst on dashboard but if I try and connect to a game in throws me offline and out of party chat.....seriously
    explored all the usual, switch of disconnected everything but still no joy! this was all working before accepting the new terms.
  9. HassanB Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox live AFTER accepting new terms of use.

Hello,

It's unlikely the two are related at all. Can you please unplug all of your networking equipment (cable/dsl modem, router, Xbox 360) and keep them unplugged for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes has passed, please plug everything back in and power on your Cable/DSL
    modem first and wait for about a minute for everything to come back functional and then power on your router. After you've done that, power on your console and see if you are able to connect to LIVE.
Thema:

1. Cannot Accept New "Terms of Use" when Trying to Connect to xbox Live - Similar Threads - Cannot Accept Terms

2. Cannot accept invitations to game while in cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot accept invitations to game while in cloud gaming: Everytime I try to play with friends we cannot join each others parties. dc2a794c-61ad-487b-b348-d872ce2ed9b8
  3. My child cannot accept game invites.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My child cannot accept game invites.: So I have the family accounts set, an all the settings/ consent unrestricted for my kid but it still wont let her accept game invites or party invites. Not sure where else to check. Went though...
  4. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends or accept them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends or accept them: I have been trying to do this for hours, we have had requests but cannot accept them. When we try to add it says 'You cannot add friends becuaes of how your account is setup' I have chatted...
  5. Cannot accept a game invite from a non-friend if I am playing PUBG.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot accept a game invite from a non-friend if I am playing PUBG.: Reinstalled my profile, reset the security, but I cannot accept an invite unless I friend someone first. Nat is open, cleared cache, reinstalled the game. 1634a9ed-d892-4420-88b1-1cfd6c3d5e39
  6. Cannot accept xbox gamepass gift because I have no credit card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot accept xbox gamepass gift because I have no credit card: So I've received an xbox gamepass gift for pc (3 months) and I tried using it but it apparently requires a credit card or paypal. I have neither so there's no way I can accept the gift, is there...
  7. Can't accept minecraft realm invite. " you cannot play online multiplayer because of how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't accept minecraft realm invite. " you cannot play online multiplayer because of how...: I just bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my laptop so i could play online on my friend's realm, but everytime I try to accept the invite, I get the message "you cannot play online multiplayer...
  8. Xbox consol companion cannot add or accept friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox consol companion cannot add or accept friends: First of all, I'm so sorry about even though I'm korean, Im asking this problem with my bad English. But I couldn't get any help in Korean community. As the title says I can't add friends or...
  9. Xbox 360 cannot accept or decline any friend requests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cannot accept or decline any friend requests: Ok this is a ongoing problem with the Xbox 360 it has been going on for about 3 months. When I try to send a friend request it will say Xbox cannot complete the process even if the user I am...
  10. Cannot accept payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot accept payment: Im trying to buy the new snowboarding game 'Steep' and the Xbox store won't accept payment even though my billing info is correct and I have plenty of money. I thought it might be because Ubisoft...