Canadian purchased digital gift for American, unable to redeem

Discus and support Canadian purchased digital gift for American, unable to redeem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am in Canada and purchased the digital code as a gift for someone in the USA. He is unable to redeem. There was no warning during purchase that this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tooniecorn, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Tooniecorn
    Tooniecorn Guest

I am in Canada and purchased the digital code as a gift for someone in the USA. He is unable to redeem. There was no warning during purchase that this would not work, and the help support is 0% helpful.

The error message states to contact the seller, but I'm getting no help from Microsoft to resolve this. Entering the redemption code directly in the X1 also fails with the same region error. This is also the first time I've seen "region" refer to country
    (as both Canada and the USA are in the same NA region).

Canadian purchased digital gift for American, unable to redeem [​IMG]

When I try to ask for a refund (so that I can re-purchase somehow in the US), I have been getting this error since yesterday:

Canadian purchased digital gift for American, unable to redeem [​IMG]

:)

Tooniecorn, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Xx Goremez xX Win User

Account

Would like transfer fund into my grandson Microsoft account, it not family account.
    Hello, you are unable to transfer the funds directly to your grandson. You may however purchase a digital gift card that will provide a code that can be redeemed on the Microsoft Store, directly from your grandson's Xbox. I have provided two links. One in
    which you can purchase the digital gift card, and another that shows how to redeem codes.

Digital Gift Card

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-gift-card-digital-code/cfq7ttc0k61w

Redeem Codes

https://support-origin.xbox.com/es-EC/billing/prepaid-codes/redeem-prepaid-codes
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

No puedo canjear un código :( [Translation - I can't redeem a code]

Hi Trolencito!

Thank you for your post. If an item is sent as a gift from another region the item will not be redeemable. Since the region based content is unable to be redeemed, the purchaser of that gift can

Request a Refund
    for the item purchased.

I hope this information helps, thanks again.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Gift DLC to friend in another country

No. You and your friend are in two different regions, so gifts cannot be redeemed from another country. You could purchase an American gift card with the required funds to purchase the add-ons, and give your friend the gift card, so he/she can purchase the add-ons themselves.
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

Can’t redeem 5-Month trial for Xbox Game-Pass

6. Pandy Yato Win User

Gift Card

As Zatomas said it can be used for anything though be mindful as well that gift cards or digital gifts can only be redeemed in the region they were purchased in.
Thema:

1. Canadian purchased digital gift for American, unable to redeem - Similar Threads - Canadian purchased digital

2. I am a Canadian MSFS2020 Store Edition owner. Whenever I try to purchase something from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am a Canadian MSFS2020 Store Edition owner. Whenever I try to purchase something from...: I am a Canadian MSFS2020 Store Edition owner. Whenever I try to purchase something from marketplace, the CC order form only allows me to use a US address and not Canadian. Please help? Thank you...
  3. Where do you change my profile data so xbox nows that I m Canadian

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do you change my profile data so xbox nows that I m Canadian: Dear Tech Support, I have a problem, I want to buy at microsoft store something but hes asking me lot of question concerning my adress that I already enter it. I am blocked when he ask me wich...
  4. I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...: I cant get a refund on a game that i gifted. My friend cant redeem the code because i bought the game from the Canadian Microsoft store and hes in the USA. The game is not showing on my purchases...
  5. I recept the code present for me in canadian , but I'm from brasil

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recept the code present for me in canadian , but I'm from brasil: I have one problem for activity the code in Brasil can you help me for active the code fb773038-1ee4-45dc-8132-fc5a3c0d6844
  6. Can my Canadian Xbox series s work in Pakistan voltage which is 230volts without converter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Canadian Xbox series s work in Pakistan voltage which is 230volts without converter: Can my Canadian Xbox series s work in Pakistan voltage which is 230 volts without converter 5ef7798a-d135-4fb0-8824-e4f171a6d26c
  7. Canadian Xbox Series X in the UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox Series X in the UK: Hey everyone, So here’s my concern, I recently moved from Canada to the UK and brought my Xbox Series X with me. I was about to hook it up when I remembered my electric razor nearly caught on...
  8. Canadian Xbox Series X in Finland

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox Series X in Finland: I moved to Finland and brought my Canadian Xbox Series X. I am wondering if I can just use a regular plug adapter or will need some other device to avoid having the machine overheat and fry....
  9. Gifting to a Canadian from U.S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gifting to a Canadian from U.S.: So im sure i can't gift something from the xbox store to a Canadian friend as im in the U.S. but could i buy a gift card code from say amazon or a local store and message them the code to enter?...
  10. Canadian Warranty on Elite Series 2 Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Warranty on Elite Series 2 Controller?: Canadian Warranty Elite Series 2 if Purchased 2020 Christmas Holidays ? 8399b4d9-5719-42de-9c87-2252dc773ab6