can you use Microsoft money to renew Xbox Live Gold Membership?

Discus and support can you use Microsoft money to renew Xbox Live Gold Membership? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Microsoft money/credits and want to renew my Xbox Live Gold Membership. Can you use that money/credit to renew the Gold Membership? I have not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dracodragmeer, Jun 23, 2016.

1. can you use Microsoft money to renew Xbox Live Gold Membership?

I have Microsoft money/credits and want to renew my Xbox Live Gold Membership. Can you use that money/credit to renew the Gold Membership? I have not found a way, unless I am looking in the wrong place. Any idea or anyone that knows how to do this?

:)

dracodragmeer, Jun 23, 2016
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Jun 23, 2016
  3. lego_maniac
    lego_maniac Guest
    So...can you really not buy Xbox Live with Microsoft points?!

There would probably be a lot of people renewing their Xbox Live for free if you could use your rewards points to renew it. I bet Microsoft prefers to get actual money instead. I also recently found out you can't buy hardware from the Microsoft Store with your points, it's really limited.

lego_maniac, Jun 23, 2016
  4. can you use Microsoft money to renew Xbox Live Gold Membership?

Brutal At This, Jun 23, 2016
  5. maxen
    maxen Guest
    As Brutal stated, this is not currently possible. However, there are others like you who would like to see it implemented, and to lend your voice to that you can use the Xbox Feedback site to upvote ideas suggesting this:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Hedrick III Pulpul Win User

Can't Use 25 Character Code For Renewal?

If you wish to use a gift card or what they term as local currency, it can't be used to renew Gold subscription. Microsoft currency is virtually considered as real money and it works just like real cash money. Just like real cash money though, it cannot
    be used to purchase Gold membership directly from our system. Our system only sells renewing Gold membership and for security reasons, it will require a valid payment method like credit cards and Paypal that can accommodate renewing monthly/quarterly/yearly
    charges. Our system follows an account-based program when selling Gold membership.
  7. maxen Win User

As Brutal stated, this is not currently possible. However, there are others like you who would like to see it implemented, and to lend your voice to that you can use the Xbox Feedback site to upvote ideas suggesting this:
    http://feedback.xbox.com/
  8. Brutal At This Win User

9. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Question about the free 1 month Xbox Gold trial

Hello there Chips237 Overview

The Xbox LIVE Gold trial membership provides temporary access to the features of Xbox LIVE, including online multiplayer gaming.

When you set up an Xbox One or Xbox 360 console, you follow an account creation sign-up process so that you can access Xbox Live Free membership features, assuming that you have a broadband Internet connection. At the end of the account creation process,
    you can upgrade to a Gold membership. If you don’t upgrade, you can receive a free Gold trial.

The Gold trial is associated with a single gamertag and can’t be added to an existing membership. A total of three trial accounts are available per console, and this limitation cannot be reset. After a user has created three trial accounts, the user no longer
    receives a message that provides the opportunity to create a Gold trial account.

To use the Gold trial, you must add a payment instrument to your account.

At the end of the trial period, the Gold trial membership automatically renews to a paying membership that renews monthly by default. The membership will renew to the payment instrument that was added.

For information about membership renewal, see Learn how to manage auto-renewal for your Xbox Live Gold membership or Xbox Music Pass".
    To learn how to turn off automatic renewal, see "Cancel your Xbox Live Gold (paid) membership".
  10. Mister Quasar Win User

Change the dates of gold membership

Hey Bonawitz52!

Your Xbox Live Gold membership will automatically renew once it expires - if you're seeing that it will renew in 2019, that means it won't expire until then.

You can check to verify that you have an active Xbox Live Gold membership by signing into your
    Microsoft Account Subscriptions page.
Thema:

1. can you use Microsoft money to renew Xbox Live Gold Membership? - Similar Threads - Microsoft money renew

2. Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?: Recently got money for xbox and wanted to know if i can withdraw the money from it f4f6e7cd-00ee-4076-afcb-2adacd9779f2
  3. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  4. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  5. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  6. The money remains in the Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The money remains in the Microsoft account: My daughters added the gift cards I purchased to their accounts. However, when they attempt to buy something, it says "Ask Parents" and then requests payment from me, even though their Microsoft...
  7. How to buy vbucks with Microsoft money

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to buy vbucks with Microsoft money: I have tried and tried again to buy vbucks with Microsoft account money by every time I get to the “add a payment method” screen the is no option to select Microsoft account balance. What do I...
  8. My minecraft refund request was approved and the money returned but then microsoft still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft refund request was approved and the money returned but then microsoft still...: My refund request for minecraft was approved and I have proof on my account. Microsoft refunded the amount but then still stole the money back out of my account right after. I want my refund....
  9. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  10. Unable to spend money which is in my Sons microsoft balance (upgrades from a gift card)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to spend money which is in my Sons microsoft balance (upgrades from a gift card): My son has 25 euro’s on his Microsoft balance, however, hè can’t spend it. As a parent, I had to allow his purchase. However this is only possible by transfering (additional) money. But as...