Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x?

Discus and support Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x, I have a monitor that is 144hz only throught displayport is there any way to use the display port on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeWitteborg, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x?

Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x, I have a monitor that is 144hz only throught displayport is there any way to use the display port on the xbox series x?

:)

JakeWitteborg, Nov 30, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4

There's no HDMI 2.1 to Displayport 1.4 adaptors available as of yet,

There are Displayport 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adaptors available, but the signal only goes one direction and the Series X does not have a Displayport,

also with adaptor you run the risk of getting higher latency input, lower refresh rate, poor image quality,

for a clean bandwidth signal, it's best to connect straight HDMI to HDMI or Displayport to Displayport.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

New gaming monitor

Does it help or make it better if i buy an apdaotor and plug the display port into the xbox one x
    No, adapters can make thing worst for you and are pointless to use, You always want to connect via HDMI to HDMI or Displayport to Displayport for the best outcome, never go HDMI to Displayport.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

New gaming monitor

I'm saying that HDMI to displayport adapters are pointless to use, and if you were to use one , you'll still only be getting 60hz.

you want to connect the HDMI port of the Xbox console to a HDMI port on the monitor or TV for the best outcome,

because the Xbox One X does not have a displayport on the console, you can't go displayport to displayport,

so the only choice is HDMI to HDMI, i personally would not go HDMI from the console to displayport on the monitor via an HDMI to displayport adapter,

when connecting to a monitor it's best to go straight...

HDMI to HDMI

or

Displayport to Displayport

never

HDMI to Displayport via an adapter.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox one s compatability with a monitor

Make sure also that the monitor supports, HDMI Displayport 2.0 as that what the Xbox One S and Xbox One X use, I believe that the standard Xbox One only uses HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that the monitor only supports HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that you're TV has HDMI Displayport 2.0, which could be the reason it works on the TV but not the monitor.
  6. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Xbox X-Seris Displayport Support

I dont think the Scarlett comes with a DisplayPort. There are no TVs with this Port. You can use an HDMI to DP Adapter to use it on your Monitor
Thema:

Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x?

1. Can you use a displayport on the xbox series x? - Similar Threads - displayport series

2. Choosing the DisplayPort Cable for an Optimal 4K Experience on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Choosing the DisplayPort Cable for an Optimal 4K Experience on Xbox Series X: Hello everyone, I've ordered this screen for the Xbox Series X: Amazon link However, the 4K display (3840x2160) is only provided by the DisplayPort. HDMI, on the other hand, provides a maximum...
  3. When will widescreen/multi-monitor support be added to Xbox?/Will Xbox ever get DisplayPort?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will widescreen/multi-monitor support be added to Xbox?/Will Xbox ever get DisplayPort?: I have been looking at monitors all week for a dual monitor Xbox Series S setup only to find out two things, one Xbox doesn't have DisplayPort meaning I have to either get a worse monitor or get a...
  4. Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different...: To be clear, I am not wanting stream display TO the XBox, but rather stream the XBox display over wifi to a wireless display adapter? Most of what I have seen has to do with streaming content to...
  5. HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported?

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI to DisplayPort - not supported?: I have an issue with my series S, and looking for guidance. My 1440p acer monitor only supports VRR via DisplayPort, but the HDMI>DP cable I bought (which is rated for 2k @ 120hz) doesn’t work -...
  6. Xbox series X - from hdmi 2.1 TO displayport 1.4 for 4k @ 120 fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X - from hdmi 2.1 TO displayport 1.4 for 4k @ 120 fps: Hey guys, this one is not a question BUT an answer to the (to me wrongly closed) thread here:...
  7. So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any...: i have turned off my display AND xbox one s and no solution anyone know? 941ed62a-ac35-408b-b8d8-fc6afccf2e1f
  8. DisplayPort support

in XBoX on Consoles
    DisplayPort support: Hi Xbox team, My monitor supports up to 4k@144Hz through display port only, when I connect xbox to the DP I get no picture. Is there a way to connect it? If not, could Xbox add display port...
  9. Xbox One DisplayPort

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One DisplayPort: I recently got a new monitor and it has a display port and my xbox doesnt. I read a forum about an adpater so i bought one. I put the dp to hdmi adapter in my monitor, connected the hdmi, but when...
  10. HDMI to Displayport converter for monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to Displayport converter for monitor: Hello, so i am getting the Xbox Series X and in order play in 120fps on my monitor i need a 1.4 displayport cable but sadly the Xbox does not have a Displayport port. So i am trying to get a HDMI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there any way to use display port 1.4 with the series X

2. Xbox Series X DisplayPort adapter