Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming?

Discus and support Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It can often save your game progress in cloud gaming, and it typically works through cloud-based save systems offered by the gaming service provider. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jenny Davis, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Jenny Davis
    Jenny Davis Guest

It can often save your game progress in cloud gaming, and it typically works through cloud-based save systems offered by the gaming service provider. I tried to summarize the process of how cloud gaming progress works. You can read about it at Taj777. Here you can learn how cloud servers synchronize and store data in real-time, offering a unique approach to game progress saving without relying on local storage

:)

Jenny Davis, Nov 3, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Jenny Davis,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Communit

Yes, you can save your game progress in cloud gaming. Cloud gaming typically uses cloud-based save systems offered by the gaming service provider. These cloud servers synchronize and store data in real-time, offering a unique approach to game progress saving without relying on local storage. This means that you can access your saved game progress from any device with an internet connection.

For more detail about Cloud Gaming, you can visit this support article. Learn more: Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support

Thank you for sharing

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. SammyVS Win User

Cloud saves - can I recover an earlier save?

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

You have a progress file that is saved to the console and a progress file that is saved to the cloud. Your console progress file is automatically synced to the cloud and you have no way to access your cloud progress.

You can try deleting your cloud progress to try to bring up your previous progress but I think probably your cloud progress has already been synced with the progress you have on the console.

To erase your progress on the console press the menu button on the game icon and go to manage games and add-ons>saved data and delete the progress only from the console, open the game and your progress will be synchronized with the progress that is in the cloud.

If that doesn't work I'm afraid the progress has been lost and there's no way to recover. Sorry about that, mate.
  5. Fubski Win User

Xbox Live Cloud Save

If your cloud couldn't give you the information or save progress that you need then this only means that you have failed to properly save your game progress. It cannot be the fault of the cloud. Cloud needs you to save your stuff to it so it can give you
    back what you need.
  6. TwiningTuna Win User

Backwards Compatibility Save Inquiry

Hi, if you want replace your saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, you need Save games on your Cloud Storage!

For, how to save game progress on cloud you can read here:

support.xbox.com/.../cloud-save-games

If you have any questions, please ask!
Thema:

1. Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming? - Similar Threads - Save Game Progress

2. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  3. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression: Was loading up a game of Starfield on my mobile after it had just crashed. Once the game launched after waiting in the queue the saved cloud data would not sync. I relaunched the game another time...
  5. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...
  6. Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?: Everything I've read says game progress can't be moved between profiles. Is that still true if those profiles are within the family account? Mine being the main one, can I transfer to another...
  7. Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress: I have have the following situation Playing on an Xbox One X The Xbox One X console is set to my home console I have my original Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 game I am subscribed to Xbox Game Pass...
  8. Saving progress locally for an xbox compatible game on Xbox Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saving progress locally for an xbox compatible game on Xbox Series X console: I have apparently maxed out my storage on the cloud as far as original and 360 xbox save games go. I heard it was capped at 2 GB of cloud storage but I have not found a way to see how much or what...
  9. Saved progress form cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved progress form cloud gaming: Hi! I read that when you have started to play a game via cloud gaming the progress will be saved if you want to install the game instead because I think my internet is to crappy for cloud gaming....
  10. Will Xbox PC Gamepass save in-game progress even if the games are uninstalled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox PC Gamepass save in-game progress even if the games are uninstalled?: I had 7 days to die amongst other games on my old gaming laptop and had a great run, unfortunately my gaming laptop broke so I had to buy a new one. After setting up my new PC I signed into Xbox...