Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive

Discus and support Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can you play the new Modern Warfare 3 from an external hard drive on the old gen Xbox One 1d7b830b-4512-462a-ae16-59c74b8077bd Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gizzmo777, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Gizzmo777
    Gizzmo777 Guest

Can you play the new Modern Warfare 3 from an external hard drive on the old gen Xbox One

:)

Gizzmo777, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

On an Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox S, yes.

On an Xbox Series X or Series S, no.
  3. ShoeThiefRexyK9 Win User

Moving a game to a new console

Yes you will! If you have an external hard drive, transfer it to that, then, when you get your next gen console plug the hard drive into the USB port and transfer it from the external to the SSD hard drive that is in your new xbox to enjoy the speeds and
    benefits of the new console!
  4. uG87 by RAW Win User

is there a possibility to create a second account on my new external 2,5 SDD

@BookishFlunky90

# It is easy to create a new GAMERTAG, but I want to save everything from the new GAMERTAG on the external hard drive

# The reason why I want to create a new ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG for family members and guests on an external hard drive is:

1. the second Gamertag will get an other email and own XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT

2. I will install different games which I won't play, but family members will play

3. I want to split the games between the hard drive from the XBOX ONE ELITE and the external hard drive

4. so they(user from the new/second GAMERTAG) can install/play what they want on the external hard drive

# U are right that we had more free space on the XBOX 360!
  5. Intwaydomayla Win User

Using an old hard drive

I am wondering if I can use a hard drive I removed from a old regular xbox externally on my 360. My goal is to play the old regular xbox games. It is said that you just need a hard drive to play the games. So can I hookup that drive I took out of the regular
    xbox and use it externally with my 360???
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why cant I play games from my external hard drive????

Are you talking about a series console .Or xbox one

If series console.then no external hdd will do.as it's just too slow 10/1

4.8gbps vs your 500mbps hdd and only for next gen or patched games

This is the same for all next gen consoles

Only portable consoles dont have that requirement

For.xbox one consoles

There could be several reasons why you are unable to play games from your external hard drive. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure your external hard drive is properly connected to your Xbox console.

2. Check if your external hard drive is formatted correctly. Xbox consoles require external hard drives to be formatted in either NTFS or exFAT file systems.

3. Ensure that your external hard drive has enough free space to install and play games.

4. Try clearing the cache on your Xbox console. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games.

5. If none of the above steps work, try disconnecting and reconnecting your external hard drive or try using a different external hard drive.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact Xbox support for further assistance.
Thema:

1. Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive - Similar Threads - play mw3 old

2. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  3. have cd mw3 can not play , ask me to buy, ???? play before weekend was okay . help

in XBoX on Consoles
    have cd mw3 can not play , ask me to buy, ???? play before weekend was okay . help: have cd mw3 can not play , ask me to buy, ???? play before weekend was okay . help Xbox x series 70c49ff3-20c5-471b-8772-d4e6b3e4a489
  4. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  5. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  6. I can not play mw3.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not play mw3.: So basically when I try to load up multi-player or zombies on mw3 it redirects me to the choose your subscription page. The problem with this is I already have a subscription....
  7. Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...: This has happened with both previous modern warfares. Not with any CODs before. This is the same message I get each time and never get online again. I’ve just got this game now....
  8. I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought mw3 last night. With a vault edition upgrade. When I go onto play it all I...: I bought MW3 last night. When I try to play it just tells me that I need to buy vault edition. Thats what I bought but it still tells me to buy it. I don't understand why this is happening...
  9. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  10. If I bought mw3 on xbox can I play it on pc if so how

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I bought mw3 on xbox can I play it on pc if so how: How do I play mw3 on pc if I have on xbox 4c8329b9-0cde-48bd-b4d9-df89dc99c933