Can you play all old box games or just certain ones with xbox one?

Discus and support Can you play all old box games or just certain ones with xbox one? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so I keep seeing mixed answers. I have the xbox one S 1TB (the one with the disk slot). if I have xbox and xbox 360 games (actual disks) would I be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Deadlyrosec43, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Can you play all old box games or just certain ones with xbox one?

so I keep seeing mixed answers. I have the xbox one S 1TB (the one with the disk slot). if I have xbox and xbox 360 games (actual disks) would I be able to play them on my xbox one or is it just the games on the "backward compatibility list" ?? and what
    about xbox 360 games from the past with a Kinect. would they work if I have the xbox one Kinect ?

:)

Deadlyrosec43, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Only games from the backwards compatibility list can be played on the One. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav If
    you own them on disc, you can use the disc, otherwise, any games you already own digitally will be available in your games and apps as ready to install. Since the 360 Kinect is not backwards compatible with the One, Kinect games are not compatible.
  3. DeftJellyf1sh Win User

Just the ones thats are backward compatible
  4. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

only select games that are on the backwards compat list
  5. Wackieracer Win User

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav

Unfortunately even if you have the bought a 360 game and have the disk, unless the game is on the backwards compatibility list, you will not be able to download or play on your xbox one. But hopefully it might be added aoon.

Keep gaming fun and enjoyable for everyone 👊
  6. ericjwilborn Win User

Just items that are on the backward compatibility list. Last I checked there were no games on that list that were Kinect compatible.
Thema:

1. Can you play all old box games or just certain ones with xbox one? - Similar Threads - play old box

2. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer: I purchased MFS from Microsoft store on old PC. Works fine. Bought a new PC and tried to login and MFS does not show up. I have a copy of the digital ownership and it plays fine on old PC but...
  4. Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive: Can you play the new Modern Warfare 3 from an external hard drive on the old gen Xbox One 1d7b830b-4512-462a-ae16-59c74b8077bd
  5. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  6. is there a way to refund an old game i don’t play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to refund an old game i don’t play: i just really want a refund as the game was 27 pounds and i didnt expect the game to be so bad. and i also previously tried to refund it but it was denied and now i’m gutted i’m down 27 pounds and...
  7. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?: I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible eb8efcd9-f01f-4323-a6b2-eefd861a3bd5
  8. When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one: So I wanted to play minecraft and I tried to login to my account like I always did and instead of logging me into my account it forced me to make a new one. Now every time I try to login, it puts...
  9. How do I recover all of my sons old add-ons? He started playing again now that he's grown?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I recover all of my sons old add-ons? He started playing again now that he's grown?: How do I recover all of my sons old add-ons? He is grown now, started playing again and tells me it was all connected to my email? 363ed5ca-01c5-4b53-b690-e9c9fe0554a2
  10. Is a there a way to recover my old saves from Starfield thas was played on Xcloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is a there a way to recover my old saves from Starfield thas was played on Xcloud?: Hello, well. I was playing Starfield and got to the end of the game. But when you have to decide between if you want to be a Starborn or go back, I decided to become a Starborn so I could see what...