Can you move a save file from cloud to local?

Discus and support Can you move a save file from cloud to local? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I played a game using Xbox game pass, but now I bought it on Steam, and I want to use my Xbox game pass save file, but the save files are saved in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chlebqowy, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Chlebqowy
    Chlebqowy Guest

I played a game using Xbox game pass, but now I bought it on Steam, and I want to use my Xbox game pass save file, but the save files are saved in the cloud.

:)

Chlebqowy, Nov 23, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Chlebqowy. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I’m sorry to say, but the saved data for Microsoft Store/Game Pass Games can’t be transferred to other marketplaces like Steam, even if you can find the local saved progress file.

Not only that, but I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but I hope it helps in some way.

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
  3. maxen Win User

Cloud not working on xb1 backward compatibility

Have you moved your Xbox 360 save file into the cloud from whichever hard drive it was stored on the Xbox 360? This process is not automatic, nor were save files automatically backed up to the cloud on 360 if you were using local storage media. (Or have
    you always had it in the cloud?)
  4. VanchoSG Win User

Gears Of War 3 Everything Reset

Did you move your save file from the Xbox 360's local hard drive to Cloud Storage? If you want to have all your progress from the 360 version you have to move the save file to Cloud Storage so that the Xbox One version can sync with that data.

Probably you can delete the current save data you have on you Xbox One, then, go to your 360 and move your original save data to Cloud Storage and finally start Gears of War 3 on your Xbox One again, you should see a message and a progress bar saying "Syncing
    Cloud Storage" or something like that.

Hopes this helps! :)
  5. Argontheos Win User

Minecraft syncing

Cloud saves can become corrupt if you move or delete files locally and the cloud file still exists. Remove all saves, locally and on cloud, and start from scratch.

I think that's the problem... maybe... dunno...

But for future reference, be more specific when asking for help, lol, there are two versions of Minecraft on two different Xbox platforms. You might want to let people know which you're playing and, y'know, stuff like that... =)
  6. banej Win User

Silver accounts and cloud storage

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

What if you use cloud when gold then turn silver. You can't save but can still access it, right?

[/quote]

You cannot access the cloud in-game. But I believe you can moved the file from cloud back to your local HDD from system menu.
Thema:

1. Can you move a save file from cloud to local? - Similar Threads - move save file

2. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  3. I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.: it's not in the appdata nor the original drive anymore. why didnt it get carried over to the new drive? what can i do to retrieve it? 087ba50a-c846-4c40-9aac-cadc9d46f129
  4. Switching PC's. How can I move my fallout4 save data from game pass from one of to the other?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching PC's. How can I move my fallout4 save data from game pass from one of to the other?: I was using my laptop to play fallout 4 through game pass for PC. I recently set up my desktop and redownload fallout 4 through game pass for PC on my desktop. Both my laptop and my desktop are...
  5. I am going to sell my xbox one s. If I move all my games to a hard drive, will it save all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am going to sell my xbox one s. If I move all my games to a hard drive, will it save all...: I am trying to sell my Xbox. abbfe7c5-1a11-4045-9abc-ea3d51a8b51a
  6. Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?: I accidentally deleted one of my xbox 360 accounts and i cant get it back (offline account) and i want to move the save from the account i deleted onto my account that is online is this possible?...
  7. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  8. Xbox account is it possible to move save files?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account is it possible to move save files?: Hi! My 13-year old son has been playing xbox many years at my xbox account. Now I finaly made an account for him. Many games for example jurassic world evolution 2, he has played at my account....
  9. Spostare salvataggi Su Xbox OFFLINE[Move save games to Xbox OFFLINE]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spostare salvataggi Su Xbox OFFLINE[Move save games to Xbox OFFLINE]: Salve, vi contatto per chiedervi una informazione attualmente sono in una casa studenti senza connessione internet; ho due xbox; una qui (gi avviata per la prima volta a cui gioco attualmente)...
  10. How to move save data from one profile to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to move save data from one profile to another?: Good morning. Is it possible move save data from one "xbox one s" profile to another? I mean about Minecraft game. Thanks in advance for your help. 927db937-37bb-48a0-a72d-56f822e19750