Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?

Discus and support Can you mix game audio and party chat audio? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before I buy a new headset and stereo adapter I would like to confirm one thing. From what I understand you can blend and control the volume between... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Philthy Dimes, May 18, 2015.

1. Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?

Before I buy a new headset and stereo adapter I would like to confirm one thing. From what I understand you can blend and control the volume between game audio and chat audio. For example, when I play COD i'm usually in a party, would I be able to merge
    the party chat and game audio together, or does the blending only work in game chat (through COD)? I can't seem to find a direct answer to this question on the internet so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

:)

Philthy Dimes, May 18, 2015
  2. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

A few months ago, there used to be audio options under the system tab for Xbox One, but it was taken away. In these audio options, you could adjust the game volume and party volume with a slider. The closest thing I can find now is when I pick settings,
    display & sound, volume, and then chat mixer. The options in this chat mixer are - mute all other sounds, reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%, reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%, or do nothing. If this chat mixer is for party chat, I can tell you
    right now that it doesn't work. No matter what option is selected, the party volume to game volume is always the same, with no difference, the game is loud and the party is quiet. Is this chat mixer for the Mixer feature, because there's already audio options
    for that, so I wouldn't think so. So again, if the chat mixer is for party chat, it doesn't work. Where can I adjust how loud the party volume is compared to game volume for my headset?

Jousma Family, May 18, 2015
  3. Magnostream
    Magnostream Guest
    Chat mixer with headset and speakers

Hi, when I enable party chat output through headset and speakers, the headset chat mixer does not work, so whatever adjustment I make,
    the audio in my headphone between party and game audio remain the same (loud party and low game). Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Magnostream, May 18, 2015
  4. Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?

If you purchase the official headset adapter, there are basically two controls, one is the overall volume, and the other is the balance between chat and game audio. So with the balance you get 0% chat ant 100% game at one end, then 100% chat and 0% game
    at the other, with steps of about 10% as you go from one to the other.

Skeeter Quill, May 18, 2015
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

If you purchase the official headset adapter, there are basically two controls, one is the overall volume, and the other is the balance between chat and game audio. So with the balance you get 0% chat ant 100% game at one end, then 100% chat and 0% game
    at the other, with steps of about 10% as you go from one to the other.
  6. schnurren Win User

headset with jack 3.5

Hello bricelecart,

You play on your Xbox One? if so, do this :

Guide Button - System - Audio - Headset Chat Mixer

All the way to the left to only hear game audio, all the way to the right to only hear party audio. The middle notches are to mix it, so you can get a good game/party ratio that suits you.
  7. alexroboticyt Win User

Headphones

Hi there,

I think in Party settings or (in the guide) Settings > Audio (not 100% sure this is the exact path, but it's around there) there should be a Mixer to control a mix of Party audio and Game audio. If you can hear your party, it's going to be a volume issue.

Thanks!
  8. An AngryNOOOB Win User

XBOX ONE Headset Adapter issue with TB X12s

Ran into several issues getting my old Turtle Beach PX3s setup with the Xbone via the stereo adapter. It's possible your issue is due to the way the adapter splits the mix between the game audio and the chat audio, which conflicts directly with how the older
    headsets work.

On the adapter, on the left side, are two icons - the top looks like a controller [this is game audio] and the bottom looks like a person [this is the chat audio]. Clicking on one or the other changes the distribution of game vs. chat in the mix. If you
    click the controller, the mix goes in favor of the game audio. If you click the chat icon, the mix favors the chat levels. Try clicking the chat icon until you hear a beep in your headset - this changes the audio mix coming from your controller to 100% chat
    audio and 0% game audio. [FYI - each click changes the distribution by 25% it seems - 0/100, 25/75, 50/50, 75/25, 100/0].

You should now hear your friends. Moreover, you can enjoy MUCH better sound quality and perfect control of the game vs. chat volumes using your headsets controls [NOT the xbox stereo adapter].

I was experiencing all sorts of problems until I worked this out. Unlike our older consoles, the Xbox One sends both game and chat audio to newer headsets via the controller. Back in the day, only chat came from the controller - game audio was delivered
    by connecting to the back of your TV or console.

I realized my PX3s, on the Xbone, sounded really bad. Game audio was dropping out, skipping, would drastically change in volume, and at times, I couldn't hear the chat audio and had an impossible time trying to balance the mix. The problem is that, when
    I connected the cable to the controller, my headset was receiving two game audio streams [one from the controller and one from the wireless unit connected to my console].

Once I figured out exactly how the MS adapter worked, I was able to mute the game audio coming from the adapter and boost the chat audio to 100%. Now, I can use the controls on my headset to balance the game vs chat audio.

The PX3s sound perfect - exactly as they did on my 360. I've also applied this "fix" to a friends' setup using a pair of X42s.

In conclusion, just hit that little chat icon on the adapter until you hear the beep and you should be fine. Hope that little bit helps.
  9. Internet Expert Win User

Any one else ever hear faint voices when you have headphones plugged in the controller?

Thema:

1. Can you mix game audio and party chat audio? - Similar Threads - mix game audio

2. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  3. Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10: FAQ page for the product says that Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does work on Windows when connected using Xbox dongle. On any of my devices it does not work, in any game or chat. On my...
  4. Xbox game bar messes with audio mix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar messes with audio mix: I have a new computer. and I am noticing that often game bar will move around the audio mix sliders by itself. I never use the audio mix function, and keep finding apps turned down to minimum...
  5. When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...: Does it happen to any one else ? 082944cb-2fe1-4b44-8f36-8b454c0a26e4
  6. Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up: [img] Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as all of my applications do not show up. I am...
  7. About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems: I am wondering in regards to the Golden Child mission does it count if you have prepaid time on your live membership as i am prepaid until September 2018 for in the mix it says use the app on...
  8. About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems: I am wondering in regards to the Golden Child mission does it count if you have prepaid time on your live membership as i am prepaid until September 2018 for in the mix it says use the app on...
  9. Game Awards Mix Pot partially recieved

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game Awards Mix Pot partially recieved: Hello all! After watching the Game Awards on Mixer, I have only recieved part of the MIx pot... Goat Simulator (already owned) Warframe Prestige Pack DLC (not recieved) Halo Wars 2 Kinsano...
  10. Mix up on app showing purchased game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mix up on app showing purchased game: I was invited by friends to play Diablo 3 and so I went to the store to purchase it, I seen it was for sale at $38.99. Well I wanted to check to see if the base game was on sale too and it showed...