Can you join a Minecraft LAN multiplayer world on xbox without gamepass ultimate?

Discus and support Can you join a Minecraft LAN multiplayer world on xbox without gamepass ultimate? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has a gamepass subscription (not gamepass ultimate). Can he join a LAN multiplayer Minecraft world I have set up on my android app? He can do so... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VNSRocks, Jun 27, 2023.

1. VNSRocks
    VNSRocks Guest

Can you join a Minecraft LAN multiplayer world on xbox without gamepass ultimate?

My son has a gamepass subscription (not gamepass ultimate). Can he join a LAN multiplayer Minecraft world I have set up on my android app? He can do so from his Android app, but he is getting a prompt about changing his gamepass plan when he tries to do so from his xbox. He has a child account and I believe I have set up permissions correctly there (It definitely works on his Android app). Wanted to understand whether the reason it isn't working on xbox is because he doesn't have gamepass ultimate or some other setting in xbox family safety?

:)

VNSRocks, Jun 27, 2023
  2. Joshua Dixon1 Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes, every multiplayer form requires gold or game pass ultimate if you are playing on a Xbox.

The only exceptions are free to play games such as Fortnite, Warzone, Apex , etc.
    This is absolutely scandalous. Im not using MS servers to play local games, so then why do I even need to purchase this service? This is absolute BS.
  3. Onewingseraphim Win User

So you can join FROM PC to Xbox without the Xbox users having gold, BUT the players on XBOX cannot join players on PC without gold
  4. qwertyfbg Win User

how else is bill gates going to fund his depopulation virus/vaccine research?
  5. Michael T69 Win User

I just wanted to say since your an advisor and all. That's really annoying and should be changed since your not even using an online network. Feels like Microsoft is becoming a cash grabber to me. BTW I have game pass ultimate, but I am just advocating for those who don't, my friends included.
  6. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes, every multiplayer form requires gold or game pass ultimate if you are playing on a Xbox.

The only exceptions are free to play games such as Fortnite, Warzone, Apex , etc.
Thema:

1. Can you join a Minecraft LAN multiplayer world on xbox without gamepass ultimate? - Similar Threads - join Minecraft LAN

2. Cannot join any servers/lan or realms in minecraft due to Microsoft issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot join any servers/lan or realms in minecraft due to Microsoft issue.: From last 3/4 days whenever i try to join any realms r any official ot futured server i get a error “You need to authenticate to Microsoft services or “we couldn’t validate your login” I did...
  3. Can't join lan sever (Minecraft) due to my accounts privacy

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't join lan sever (Minecraft) due to my accounts privacy: Everytime i try to join a Minecraft lan server or launch one it tells me i need to change my privacy in my Microsoft account but it's all public and still doesn't work? I've searched other forms...
  4. WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY cant the SWITCH version of Minecraft see or join LAN servers?: So, ALL other versions can see and join LAN servers. PC, Windows, Xbox, PS4, they can all see and join my LAN server. WHY cant the Switch version see or join it? ALL are running the latest...
  5. I updated my Minecraft world from 1.18 to 1.19.2 and now my friend can't join via LAN anymore.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I updated my Minecraft world from 1.18 to 1.19.2 and now my friend can't join via LAN anymore.: My friend and I have been playing on this Minecraft world for a couple of weeks now and have had no issues connecting via LAN. We are on the same network and our firewalls allow Java through both...
  6. Minecraft Android can't join lan server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Android can't join lan server: Hi to all! I've bought both Minecraft for windows 10 and android and I've downloaded the server.jar from Minecraft website. I've configured the server and I'm able to connect from windows 10....
  7. Help! My Xbox One S cannot join my Windows 10 computer on Minecraft via LAN!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! My Xbox One S cannot join my Windows 10 computer on Minecraft via LAN!: Hello, reader! My problem is that whenever I have Minecraft open on my Xbox One S, signed into an ADULT account (No Xbox Live), and I have my Windows 10 computer loaded into a Minecraft world on...
  8. minecraft bedrock not letting me join over LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock not letting me join over LAN: when i try and join my sister on another computer over LAN for some reason the number shows in the corner of the friends tab. but i can't join. [img] f7029469-2db1-4069-a051-b8fef717646f
  9. Can't join Lan game on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't join Lan game on Minecraft: so I made a dedicated server for minecraft bedrock and when I try to join it on my Xbox (again through lan) it says "you need to authenticate to microsoft services" I looked it up and could find...
  10. Non lan friends cannot join any of my minecraft worlds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Non lan friends cannot join any of my minecraft worlds: Hello, I have minecraft on xbox one and my friends can no longer join my worlds including new ones. My nat is open and I can join all my friends games and chat without a problem. All lan...