Can you Host an Ark Survival Evolved server on PC and use the same account to play on xbox?

Discus and support Can you Host an Ark Survival Evolved server on PC and use the same account to play on xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to host a dedicated server on my PC to run while my friends and I game since you obviously cannot play using the same device as the server.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lydia Beginsgate, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Can you Host an Ark Survival Evolved server on PC and use the same account to play on xbox?

I'm trying to host a dedicated server on my PC to run while my friends and I game since you obviously cannot play using the same device as the server. Anyone able to do this or do I need two accounts?

:)

Lydia Beginsgate, Aug 30, 2023
  2. Zero420override Win User

Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked

3. Lavenia A. Win User

Can you Host an Ark Survival Evolved server on PC and use the same account to play on xbox?

Hi Lydia Beginsgate,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern to us.

I understand that you're curious about whether you can play on Xbox and host an Ark Survival Evolved server on the same account. You may want to check these articles below for more information.

If you need further assistance, I recommend reaching out to their official Community Forums by submitting a ticket at ARK News - ARK - Official Community Forums (survivetheark.com).

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. CogTIM Win User

Ark: Survival Evolved Crossplay

Hello Pecete,

Ark Survival Evolved does allow Cross-play with PC and Xbox consoles. I used my PC to host a dedicated server for about 2 months for me and a bunch of friends to play together on our own server. We all connected to the server from our Xbox consoles. Do you
    have the Xbox Console Companion on your PC?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/console-companion-app

I ran Ark through this program and was able to invite my Xbox friends to it much easier. It also allowed my friends to add the server as a friend and jump in whenever they wanted. If you do not Plan on using the Xbox companion app
    on your PC, you can always host your server and give your Xbox friend the server name and password that you create and they can go in to "Join an Ark" then filter the servers shown to quickly find yours and join it.
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Lydia Beginsgate,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  6. NaZoooom Win User

Can I play Ark Survival Evolved with my friend from steam to box game pass pc

Hi Hüseyin_572,

I believe that Ark Survival Evolved is not a cross platform game. I understand you and your friend are using Windows 10 but there is no cross play with Ark Survival Evolved between Xbox GamePass Beta and Steam.
Thema:

1. Can you Host an Ark Survival Evolved server on PC and use the same account to play on xbox? - Similar Threads - Host Ark Survival

2. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  3. Astroneers "cant connect to the host"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Astroneers "cant connect to the host": Me and my friends want to play astroneers together but one of m friends cant join us and we cant join him. It just says failed to connect to host. We all have the game trough the xbox app....
  4. I’m having trouble hosting a non-dedicated Ark survival ascended server, for some reason my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m having trouble hosting a non-dedicated Ark survival ascended server, for some reason my...: I’m having trouble hosting a non-dedicated Ark survival ascended server, for some reason my friends cannot join they time out on the Inv when invited. I am on pc and they are on Xbox, I’ve tried...
  5. I am having trouble logging into server on ark and host button doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having trouble logging into server on ark and host button doesn't work: Well, I am unable to play the game ARK. I can't Loggin into the server and the host button isn't work, so I can change the settings to single player; I can't do it....
  6. Can I play Ark on xbox and Host on PC using the same account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Ark on xbox and Host on PC using the same account?: So my friend and I are trying to play ark on our own dedicated server. My pc can host it and we want to join on our xbox's. We have figured out that you can run the server from the Microsoft store...
  7. (Ark: survival evolved) PC host can't give admin to Xbox players

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Ark: survival evolved) PC host can't give admin to Xbox players: I am Hosting an "dedicated" Ark on my PC for me and my friends on xbox to play together. i am playing the game on my Xbox and tried giving my Xbox account admin so it can access cheats, however...
  8. Ark: Dedicated Host on PC, Player on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark: Dedicated Host on PC, Player on Xbox: I have Ark running on my PC using the Play Anywhere version as a dedicated server. However, i cant log onto the game from my Xbox because my account is being used for the server. What are my...
  9. Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked: My current setup to host this game is I have a Virtual Machine running on a hypervisor server (using Hyper-V), this VM runs Windows 10. I start up the game and host the server, the only way I...
  10. Host for Ark: Survival Evolved server is needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Host for Ark: Survival Evolved server is needed: Hey everyone! I played Ark for a long time in single player and my friends just bought the game. I tried to play with them, but there is a limit of distance you can go from the host. I was...