Can you gift DLC?

Discus and support Can you gift DLC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to gift my friend a map pack for a game and I'm not sure how. e32a36df-818a-4ff6-8808-6503afc9346b Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vincent Lofgren, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Can you gift DLC?

I'm trying to gift my friend a map pack for a game and I'm not sure how.

:)

Vincent Lofgren, Nov 21, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Can you gift DLC?

Hi there Vincent, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Keep in mind that there are some DLCs and items in the store that cannot be purchased as a gift, although this can also vary depending on each region.

If the DLC is available for purchase from the Microsoft Store on your console, you should be able to see an option to buy the game as a gift. You can also find the same option if you try to purchase it from a web browser on a PC or mobile phone.

The option to purchase as a gift is indicated by the following symbol on a web browser:

[​IMG]

If you'd like, you can tell me the exact name of the DLC you want to gift, which game it is for, and your country. I'd be happy to check if it can be purchased as a gift and provide you with the purchase link so you can proceed.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Gifting Forza 5 DLC's on Steam

If you want to gift dlc for the Steam version you need to purchase the content and gift it via Steam. It can not be done via the Xbox store.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. However, he can still use the gift card to purchase games and DLC as a gift, and send the gift to himself. Then he can redeem the code on his account, and play the game and DLC on his account as intended.
  5. Sodangidni Win User

i play on PC. my friend bought me dlc for Destiny 2 and i redeemed the code in the microsoft store but when i loaded the game through the xbox app on my PC it says that i dont have any DLC

Hello, Dilly15. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide some assistance with your inquiry today.

I regret to inform you that, unfortunately, it seems that your friend gifted you the DLC for the Xbox edition of Destiny.

Can you ask your friend to share a link to the DLC they just gift you?
    That way, we can verify if you redeemed the DLC for Xbox or not.
  6. R0XX Win User

Redeemed MS XBox Gift Card to my other MS account

You can gift games and DLC from one account to another
Thema:

Can you gift DLC?

1. Can you gift DLC? - Similar Threads - gift DLC

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. Gifted DLC won't show up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifted DLC won't show up: I have a friend who gifted me the Shattered Bloodlines DLC on Dead By Daylight directly from Xbox. I redeemed the code and... Nothing. The code has been redeemed, but the DLC is not available. I...
  4. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?: I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do...
  5. Gift DLC to friend in another country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift DLC to friend in another country: Destiny 2 dlc is on sale and I wanted to gift a friend them but they are in the US and I am in Canada,, can they redeem the gift somehow? c8cc2494-3980-4ed0-86c2-3a96459ab147
  6. Why can I buy a gift in this case DLC for Doom eternal and gift it to a friend and you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I buy a gift in this case DLC for Doom eternal and gift it to a friend and you...: It’s Dumb if I buy my son shoes he can wear them in any country. ae737a30-17ed-4ea6-a37d-99b3433661ff
  7. Forsaken DLC gift from friend code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forsaken DLC gift from friend code: My friend bought me the forsaken dlc as a gift but I can't redeem the code. I know that it's possible for xbox support staff to deactivate the code and add the dlc to my account but I have no idea...
  8. Can i use xbox gift cards to purchase black ops 2 dlc on the xbox marketplace?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i use xbox gift cards to purchase black ops 2 dlc on the xbox marketplace?: I didn't want to waste my dads money but his paypal account is connected to my xbox account. I only have an xbox one but I don't know how to buy dlc with my money for an xbox 360 game. Please tell...
  9. Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Purchase DLC using gift card funds: Hello, I redeemed a gift card recently, adding $15 to my microsoft account. However, when I went to buy DLC I was only given the option of adding a credit card. I added my Paypal thinking if I...
  10. Can't Buy DLC or Avatar Items With Gift Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Buy DLC or Avatar Items With Gift Card: I had some extra money left on Amazon, and used it to buy myself a $10 gift card for Xbox. I wanted to use it to buy an avatar outfit and DLC for Sonic All Stars Transformed, but it won't let me....