Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years

Discus and support Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; There is an account name I needed on xbox to suit the other names on platforms but the account username is taken by an inactive person so maybe someone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Verified ✔️5, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years

There is an account name I needed on xbox to suit the other names on platforms but the account username is taken by an inactive person so maybe someone help me with it please

:)

Verified ✔️5, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Usernames can only be freed after 5 years of being deactivated. The username must also not be used anywhere else in Microsoft.
  3. Harry37376 Win User

Random GamerTag change

If you have the same username as someone else, you get a # and 4 numbers at the end.
  4. {Parity} Win User

xbox gamertag

The only way you can get your previous gamertag if someone else hasn't taken it. There is no way to do it without it costing you.
  5. annix Win User

My gamertag

This means that someone else has that gamertag as well so to distinguish between the two of you, you've been given a number. If you choose a gamertag that hasn't been taken there won't be a number next to your name. This is very similar to how discord
    handles usernames.
  6. NLbawz Win User

Gamer Tag without Number suffix

That means someone else has the original username already. Since a recent update you can change to the same name however the first one gets the version without suffix
Thema:

1. Can you get xbox to give you someone else's username that hasn't played in years - Similar Threads - someone else's username

2. Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...: I was playing rainbow six siege and a person by the username [mod removed] got into an argument with me he then says "enjoy the ban ;)" and then blocks me and deletes the message. 10 seconds later...
  3. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  4. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  5. Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .: I have subscribed to the 3 month xbox games pass which came with my laptop. However, someone elses username/account is on here. On trying to access games I cant as the already-user is underage! I...
  6. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  7. Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug cd42e968-d8be-430e-956c-44beafc761c6
  8. My Microsoft account got hacked and someone changed the email to something else and the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account got hacked and someone changed the email to something else and the...: I woke up recently to an email stating that someone logged into my Microsoft account, changed my email, and then changed my password. I tried logging back in but it says that the account does not...
  9. Someone else's credit card showing up on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone else's credit card showing up on my account?: So, I have a very interesting issue happen to me recently. I went to purchase a game on the Microsoft Store and I noticed someone else's credit card information was the default card on file. My...
  10. How do I play Minecraft with someone else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play Minecraft with someone else?: For 3 years now, my son begs me to play Minecraft with him. It’s so frustrating because we simply cannot play together. We’ve reinstalled iOS many times, I’ve even bought two iPads solely for the...