can you get a account back if you forgot previous passwords

Discus and support can you get a account back if you forgot previous passwords in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I forgot my password to my Microsoft account and when I try to recover it it asks me for the previous password but I don't remember it is there any way... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kat Price, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Kat Price
    Kat Price Guest

I forgot my password to my Microsoft account and when I try to recover it it asks me for the previous password but I don't remember it is there any way to recover it

:)

Kat Price, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Kat Price,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are trying to recover your Microsoft account and cannot proceed due to cannot remember the previous account password. Let us help and guide you on how to proceed with account recovery process established by Microsoft.

Before we go any further, I would like to set your proper expectations that Microsoft accounts are fully managed and handled by an automated server and we don't have manual access to it because Microsoft really takes our security and privacy very seriously. This means that our support agents and advocates can't do more than what you can do for yourself with the account recovery form. The questions are intended to verify ownership of the account. We do not have the ability to send password reset links or provide other ways to access or change account details.

Yes, you can still recover your Microsoft account even if you don't remember your previous password. Here are the steps to recover your account:

1. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page. Go to https://account.microsoft.com

2. Enter the email address or phone number associated with your account. Select forgot password.

3. Follow the prompts to verify your identity. You may be asked to provide a verification code sent to your email or phone number, answer security questions, or provide other information.

4. Once your identity is verified, you will be prompted to create a new password for your account.

You can also use the account recovery form. You can access it here: https://account.live.com/acsr Before attempting to recover your account, make sure you use an alternate email that you have access to recover your account to receive feedback from Microsoft's automated system about the status of your account recovery. For your reference on how to successfully recover your account, see this link: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

We thank you for bringing this concern here and glad to provide the information to help address your concern.

Sincerely,

3. Pain130798 Win User

Account

you can try to get it back if you use the i have forgot my password option when you're trying to log in to the account again on a pc
  4. Klokkwork Win User

Need help..

It sounds like your parents are going to need to reset their Microsoft password. Try having them follow the steps here.

support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-password

Once their password has been reset, their login credentials can be used to approve your acceptance of the Terms of Use, and get you back online before you know it.
  5. MindOfTim Win User

Locked out of account

You need to contact the customer support team directly, we cannot do that for you as it's against Microsoft's terms and conditions. If you have also forgot your password, try to think of any previous passwords, purchases, when the account was made as the
    more evidence you have that it is your account, the quicker they can sort things out
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Can't Log in to Xbox Live with my GT

Thema:

1. can you get a account back if you forgot previous passwords - Similar Threads - account forgot previous

2. Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...: I need my pw for roblox if you guys can get it can you please b4171b36-64cc-4a48-8efa-d8df90ed8363
  3. So what do I do when I account recovery doesn't work and you forgot your password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    So what do I do when I account recovery doesn't work and you forgot your password?: Tried multiple times to get into an account I own with account recovery and none of the times it worked I can't get an email verification either due to my old one being deleted....
  4. I'm trying to get back my Fortnite account on my Xbox but I forgot the pass key in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to get back my Fortnite account on my Xbox but I forgot the pass key in the...: I'm trying to get back my Fortnite account on my Xbox but I forgot the pass key in the email was canceled now I'm locked out of my Fortnite account I want it back is there any way to fix it...
  5. I forgot my email for an old account, how do I get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my email for an old account, how do I get it back?: I forgot my email to an old xbox one account and I’m trying to login to it but my Xbox one with the original account is not working anymore. I have a list of Emails associated to my main Xbox...
  6. I forgot my email for my microsoft minecraft account, I know the username and password but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my email for my microsoft minecraft account, I know the username and password but...: I forgot my email for my minecraft microsoft account, I know the username and most likely password. Just not email, plz help 6dac0f3d-83a8-405c-9db0-4c27f6de7bb1
  7. i forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at...: I forgot my email for my xbox account but I know my password and gamertag already looked at xbox support and the ai 46416929-4ee4-4f7b-bc91-43c6557f6de8
  8. I forgot my Email and Username connected to my main minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Email and Username connected to my main minecraft account: I forgot the username and email connected to my minecraft account. Please help. This happened because minecraft forced me to migrate to microsoft and I don't use microsoft....
  9. I forgot the password i used in my minecraft account i remember the email and username

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot the password i used in my minecraft account i remember the email and username: I forgot the password i used in my minecraft account i remember the email and username just dont remember the password. I have forgotten it PLEASE HELP that account is so VERY important to me!...
  10. I forgot my email and passsword for a previous account and don't know what all is need to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my email and passsword for a previous account and don't know what all is need to...: Can someone please tell me what all is needed for information when calling xbox to try and get a code to reset my password and email. I don't remember the if I used a secondary email when...