Can you fix Xbox controller crackling using a USB to Micro-USB cord?

Discus and support Can you fix Xbox controller crackling using a USB to Micro-USB cord? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright, so I decided to try to fix the audio crackling issue with my Xbox controller by plugging a USB cable into the controller. Does anyone know if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Cool4142, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Mr Cool4142
    Mr Cool4142 Guest

Alright, so I decided to try to fix the audio crackling issue with my Xbox controller by plugging a USB cable into the controller. Does anyone know if it fixes the crackling issue that occurs whenever you plug a headset into the controller's headphone jack?

:)

Mr Cool4142, Apr 23, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey, there!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

In order to fix the crackling issue, you can try to update the controller's firmware using USB

If you have one, plug the stereo headset adapter into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).

Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.

For Xbox Series X, the port is on the front right below the Pair button . For Xbox Series S, the port is on the front left next to the Pair button .

For Xbox One X and Xbox One S, the USB port is on the front under the Power button.

For original Xbox One, the port is on the left side of the console, around the corner from the disc tray.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.

If instructions to install the update don’t automatically appear, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, choose Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Things to keep in mind

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If this doesn't work and issue is within the controller's hardware, the best option is to request for a replacement warranty order here on this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. PreacherXWDSX Win User

Updating A Controller

It fine tunes the controller, more precise, better trigger feedback...etc. I'm not sure if the Play/ charge kit works, I think you need to use a Micro USB cord. Plug the Micro USB into the controller to the Xbox One then click update controller.
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

Will the Xbox One ever get a Wired controller to plug into the USB ports?

No one here can answer that question for you. You can always use a micro usb cord to connect your controller to the console and that makes the controller wireless
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Controller wont connect anymore

Have you charged the controller since you got it? Any micro USB cord will charge the controller
  6. Internet Expert Win User

MY CONTROL SIMPLY STOPPED

Have you tried a pair of brand new batteries?

Alternatively, have you also tried plugging in the controller to the Xbox with a micro-USB cord? (that's the same cord most Android phones use)
Thema:

1. Can you fix Xbox controller crackling using a USB to Micro-USB cord? - Similar Threads - fix controller crackling

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  5. How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5: Hello, I’m having an issue with my controllers connecting to the ps5. I have 2 ps5 controllers and 1 ps4 controller. All controllers work fine, nothing is wrong with it. However, after a certain...
  6. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  7. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  8. How to fix controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix controller?: My Xbox series X controller seems to have developed an issue where both triggers are registering as pressed on the test lab in settings and my console light flashes. Any ideas? I think I ruined...
  9. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  10. Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?: [img] My xbox wont let me get ti the homescreen, everytime i tried turning it on it took about 5 minutes to say xbox then it said the message above, before this happened there was another message...