can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

Discus and support can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ohiosig marizzler, Apr 26, 2024.

1. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook

:)

ohiosig marizzler, Apr 26, 2024
  2. Rostom L Win User

Xbox controller not connecting to Chromebook via USB

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since your controller doesn't have Bluetooth capability, we have two options to connect it to your computer. It's either using a USB cable or wireless adapter for Xbox wireless controller.

Our best option here is to try another USB cable that supports high quality data transfer or connection for both devices being connected.

For wireless adapter, since you got a Chromebook, you will have to find any compatible adapter for Xbox controller on your Chromebook.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Game Cloud Fortnite hijacked by mouse and menus when using a controller

Thanks for the update, got it. Are you able to use a different web browser, like Edge or Firefox? or are you using a Chromebook?

And, the controller is connected wired or via bluetooth?
  4. CarTzy Win User

xbox controller is not being detected by cloud gaming on chromebook

Hello Julian ZB,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox controller is not being detected by cloud gaming on your Chromebook.

To start with, can you please tell me the following information:

- What model of Xbox controller are you using? Is it a wired or wireless controller?

- How are you connecting the controller to your Chromebook? Are you using a USB cable, a Bluetooth connection, or an Xbox wireless adapter?

- Have you tried using a different controller, cable, or connection method to see if the problem persists?

- Have you updated the firmware of your controller to the latest version?

- Have you checked the settings of your Chrome browser to make sure that it allows access to gamepads? (you can refer to device support for the settings)

Here are things that we can check:

- Make sure your controller is fully charged and updated to the latest firmware version.

- Restart your Chromebook and reconnect your controller via Bluetooth or USB cable.

- Clear your browser cache and cookies, and make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome.

- Go to xbox.com/play and sign in with your Microsoft account. Make sure you have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a stable internet connection.

- Launch any game from the cloud gaming library and see if your controller is recognized. If not, try a different game or a different controller if you have one.

Please see: Using the Xbox Wireless Controller on different platforms | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do you have to have Linux to get Minecraft on a computer?

6. Kirill Krasin Win User

minecraft for chromeboooks

Thema:

can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

1. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook - Similar Threads - connect 360 controller

2. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  3. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Other*...
  4. Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox: The blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah a3230c55-753a-4666-8503-8ec864fa0f30
  5. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  6. Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x: Can I connect an Xbox 360 controller or something like it to my Xbox series X or possibly use a cord to connect a Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox series X and if that doesn’t work are there...
  7. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one 79dfaf96-464e-4334-bb20-93d672d6f192
  8. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  9. 360 controller not connecting. Other issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 controller not connecting. Other issues: Xbox 360, 2015 version power light green is showing, a drawer won't open, wireless controller is not connecting all other functions are working USB ports hard drive as well I can open with wide...
  10. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...